EmpowerX?

Kev3188

Veteran
Oct 5, 2003
Right in the middle.
I read briefly about this on the company website. Sounds like it's still in a sort of Beta testing, but may be rolled out soon. Can any of you in Tech Ops weigh in on this program?

Specifically, how will it work?

What sort of impact do you think it may have (good, bad, otherwise)?

What ever else you might think is relevant.

Thanks!

Reactions: 2 people
Not another program....5 Star, 6 Sigma, LEAN, etc, etc, etc.

Learn this:

• Do the right thing
  • Treat others with respect
  • Honor commitments and be accountable
  • Deliver quality.
....end of story.

Reactions: 1 person
Not another program....5 Star, 6 Sigma, LEAN, etc, etc, etc.

Learn this:

• Do the right thing
  • Treat others with respect
  • Honor commitments and be accountable
  • Deliver quality.
....end of story.

You sound like you read the "Rules of the Road"

I hear you,,,it sounds like, "Know your Roll and Shut your Mouth"... LOL

.... and then pick up the industry's largest profit sharing checks. Sounds like a deal a lot of people would be happy to have. ;)

BTW, DAL stock is the number pick among analysts covering the US airline industry. WN didn't make the list of top 5 stocks.

http://www.marketwat...most-2012-12-21

You may not agree with everything about the way the company is run but Delta is experiencing its best days since the industry was deregulated 35 years ago - and its employees are most certainly enjoying the fruits of DL's success.

Reactions: 3 people
well good mornin' there, Kev.
Did you get the router dug out and thawed after the big dump?

You know if y'all had just a tad more love of money you could win over those greedy southern +*285s you have to work w/, don't you?

Since communism is dead, perhaps you could use your undying commitment to ideology a little better in the world of non-profits.

Oh, and south of the Mason-Dixon, the ground stays green most of the year. :)

JUST KIDDING!

well, mostly. :) :)

.... and then pick up the industry's largest profit sharing checks. Sounds like a deal a lot of people would be happy to have. ;)

BTW, DAL stock is the number pick among analysts covering the US airline industry. WN didn't make the list of top 5 stocks.

You may not agree with everything about the way the company is run but Delta is experiencing its best days since the industry was deregulated 35 years ago - and its employees are most certainly enjoying the fruits of DL's success.
And this has what to do with the topic?

that would be this phrase....
it sounds like, "Know your Roll and Shut your Mouth"... LOL

to which I replied...

you see some would like to tell us how difficult life at Ma Delta is but they can't seem to get past the concept that the vast majority of employees are happy BECAUSE they are benefitting financially.

Somehow the notion that WN employees are well compensated and unionized makes for great conversation but if a non-union airline that has managed to convince tens of thousands of employees to ditch their unions, well, the conversation goes quite another direction.

Lots of DL people have figured out how to adapt to the DL culture - and I fully appreciate that it is not like NW's or likeable to alot of people, but DL is financially successful, its employees are succeeding, and they have no desire to change a formula that works for them.

Don't underestimate the impact of the north-south cultural difference as something that has to be overcome - or at least recognized as an issue - in the DL-NW merger.

DL recognized the cultural differences that existed and took a very heavy-handed approach to maintaining its culture - but it has worked. Not saying I would have done it that way but they come up w/ a plan that has worked regardless of whether some employees - a minority - like it or not.

Take a look at this report about the migration out of California - but note also the flows of people - and money - from northern tier, high tax, and typically strong union states to California and then back out of CA to southern and western states that have lower tax and unionization rates.

http://www.manhattan-institute.org/html/cr_71.htm

Note the outflow of people and revenue from CA to Arizona and Texas.

There are enormous economic and political implications to the US and they most definitely explain the cultural differences that have been part of the DL-NW merger since it was announced.

The threads discussing DL's "superior employment experience" on this board are legion. No need to try and comandeer yet another one with your bloviating.

No wonder no one posts in this forum... (smh)

Reactions: 4 people
but it's ok to post "know your role and shut your mouth?" but not allow a response from "the other side" even if it was ok for you to respond? and validate the comment?

Your question was a valid one asked w/o bias followed by one non-biased response. There was an answer later given which was biased. There is no more basis for not responding to that kind of a response on this forum than there is on any other forum or in conversation in general.

The reason why there are fewer and fewer people who want to participate in the DL forum is because most threads generate into some sort of comment about how inferior some DL employees see the way the company operates WRT its HR practices.

You are welcome to your opinion... but I have repeatedly noted and will continue to do so that your opinion, while valid to you, is not the majority opinion at DL and even if it is, there have not been enough employees convinced that representation is the answer even though you and others have stated here for many years that it is.

I don't necessarily agree with everything DL has done in merging the workforces but they achieved what they wanted, they are one of the most profitable airlines in the US, and are the #1 choice of stock analysts - and their employees are benefitting from that success; DL's profit sharing is likely to be far larger than at any carrier in the US - and may be larger than several other large carriers' combined.

DL has succeeded at merging two workforces that were rooted in very different cultures and the majority of DL employees are not interested in changing the company's formula - and those profit sharing checks will make it harder and harder for employees to think they can find something better elsewhere.

Seeing your opinions within the context of the situation that actually exists may explain why you find it harder and harder to attract "followers" for your ideas and why it is harder and harder to argue against my POV, even it is not the outcome you want.

You might gain more traction in advancing your POV if you acknowledged the points "the other side" is making even if they are counter to your desired outcome as long as they are factually correct. The outcome of representation votes and profit sharing are pretty black or white issues and thus are the bases of argument I have used in my debate. That principle doesn't apply just to this board but to all kinds of debate and discussion of controversial issues; acknowledging someone else's position helps to advance conversation. It does not mean you agree w/ someone else by acknowleding you know their position.

I have repeatedly acknowledged that you say that there are people who are unhappy and who are pushing for further votes by saying that is probably true - and you can let me know when the voting is actually scheduled.
In the absence of being able to post how many cards have been received within the period necessary to establish validity, your statements are unsubstantiated opinion.

You and others took an opinion on this board and others which turned out to be a minority opinion and you (collectively) are using unmeasurable statements (opinions) to develop your case while trying to suppress facts which "the other side" has brought against your opinion or at least attempt to argue that those facts don't matter.

I'd like to see more activity on this forum but I don't expect anyone including you or me to compromise their values or ignore comments others make in order to create or allow conversation.

but it's ok to post "know your role and shut your mouth?" but not allow a response from "the other side" even if it was ok for you to respond? and validate the comment?

Your question was a valid one asked w/o bias followed by one non-biased response. There was an answer later given which was biased. There is no more basis for not responding to that kind of a response on this forum than there is on any other forum or in conversation in general.

The reason why there are fewer and fewer people who want to participate in the DL forum is because most threads generate into some sort of comment about how inferior some DL employees see the way the company operates WRT its HR practices.

You are welcome to your opinion... but I have repeatedly noted and will continue to do so that your opinion, while valid to you, is not the majority opinion at DL and even if it is, there have not been enough employees convinced that representation is the answer even though you and others have stated here for many years that it is.

I don't necessarily agree with everything DL has done in merging the workforces but they achieved what they wanted, they are one of the most profitable airlines in the US, and are the #1 choice of stock analysts - and their employees are benefitting from that success; DL's profit sharing is likely to be far larger than at any carrier in the US - and may be larger than several other large carriers' combined.

DL has succeeded at merging two workforces that were rooted in very different cultures and the majority of DL employees are not interested in changing the company's formula - and those profit sharing checks will make it harder and harder for employees to think they can find something better elsewhere.

Seeing your opinions within the context of the situation that actually exists may explain why you find it harder and harder to attract "followers" for your ideas and why it is harder and harder to argue against my POV, even it is not the outcome you want.

You might gain more traction in advancing your POV if you acknowledged the points "the other side" is making even if they are counter to your desired outcome as long as they are factually correct. The outcome of representation votes and profit sharing are pretty black or white issues and thus are the bases of argument I have used in my debate. That principle doesn't apply just to this board but to all kinds of debate and discussion of controversial issues; acknowledging someone else's position helps to advance conversation. It does not mean you agree w/ someone else by acknowleding you know their position.

I have repeatedly acknowledged that you say that there are people who are unhappy and who are pushing for further votes by saying that is probably true - and you can let me know when the voting is actually scheduled.
In the absence of being able to post how many cards have been received within the period necessary to establish validity, your statements are unsubstantiated opinion.

You and others took an opinion on this board and others which turned out to be a minority opinion and you (collectively) are using unmeasurable statements (opinions) to develop your case while trying to suppress facts which "the other side" has brought against your opinion or at least attempt to argue that those facts don't matter.

I'd like to see more activity on this forum but I don't expect anyone including you or me to compromise their values or ignore comments others make in order to create or allow conversation.
Off_Topic.gif

If your use of your “off topic” banner was even the least bit objective, it might be taken seriously but this thread shows once again that you only trot it out when you want to shut down opinions counter to yours, which typically means anything that would be contrary to the labor movement.

If you had been the least bit objective, you would have hoisted your billboard after the 3[sup]rd[/sup] post; the OP asked an honest and balanced question with no measure of anything objectionable.He rec’d an honest answer and the thread could have been shut down at that point.
But participant number 3 chose to throw in the typical dig at DL which the OP chose to respond and to which I jumped in again.
If you, Q, are tired of the romance quality of these threads then I am tired of seeing every thread on this forum about DL turned into an opportunity to bash DL, esp. coming from the pro-labor crowd who can’t get past the reality that DL absorbed one of the most pro-union airlines in the country and shortly after the merger delivered the labor movement their biggest loss of membership in the history of the US airline industry.There is no dancing around that reality, no sugar coating, and no denying the enormous impact DL’s move had on the lives of some of the biggest fans of the labor movement, including you and most of the people who continually turn topic after topic into an opportunity to try to frame the company as the villain.
There is no other airline on this or any other discussion forum that is the subject of the disdain which DL is subjected to here.A number of participants on other forums have said they are tired of hearing the negativity regarding DL on those forums.

I don’t expect anyone to LIKE their company or any company but I do expect that if people want to have any credibility in discussing what goes on at DL that they acknowledge the reality of the situation at DL including that their opinions are those of a minority of DL employees based on every publicly available statistic. Factor in that DL’s employees fared better in BK w/o labor representation and are seeing salary and benefit increases faster than any other airline and it is absolutely on topic to note that DL employees are not at all likely to choose labor representation.

What cannot be denied is that DL carefully planned out this merger, began the coordination towards a possible merger with NW years before it was announced, and ultimately has achieved everything it publicly said it set out to do in the merger esp. WRT maintaining its historic non-union dynamic. While there are many who predicted that would be at risk, DL achieved its goal as I predicted.

It is not DL’s fault or my burden to carry that DL employees rejected the labor-mgmt model that many people on this forum advocate.

And as long as the pro-labor crowd on this forum wants to reshape every discussion into a commentary on DL’s labor model, then you can be assured it will be absolutely on topic to discuss why a discussion about some DL employee pep program follows the same path as other discussions in morphing into a labor discussion.

Once again, I would like to see the DL forum receive a lot more activity but I am not going to allow this forum to be reduced to the playground of a pro-labor contingent who only sees wrong w/ the actions of DL and attempts to shut down anyone who speaks any incriminating word against the labor movement.

yes, I know you have no intention of sitting quietly on the sidelines. :) and honestly I wouldn't want you to... just

#maintainperspective

Merry Christmas