Equity and Prefunding Refund Update

Discussion in 'American Airlines' started by AANOTOK, May 20, 2014.

1. NYer

NYer Veteran

#1081 NYer, Jan 4, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 5, 2017
    It takes time because they hear multiple cases over a few days. After they hear the cases they need to render a decision on whether they agree with the lower court decision to dismiss the case. In doing so, they have to write a decision that takes prior decisions into consideration as this case can be used as a basis or argument for future cases.

Their website clearly states their decisions can take from 3 to 12 months. We can't read into the time it may take to get a decision and guess if it will in our favor or not. Our case is just another folder on their desk and although the decision may be easy we don't know when our case is being considered as compared to the dozens of other cases they may be considering at the same time.

• Like Like x 1
  2. OldGuy@AA

OldGuy@AA Veteran

Yeah that makes sense. Thank you NYer. I guess there is more going on than our case.

3. AANOTOK

AANOTOK Veteran

#1083 AANOTOK, Jan 4, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 4, 2017
    I understand what you're saying NYer, but in looking at other cases some took a matter of days/weeks and others have taken a lot longer. Again, some that were presented way before ours have no decision and other presented after ours are ruled on. Having said that NYer, mine was simply an opinion being formed, an opinion that might differ from yours and an opinion that won't land me in jail for being wrong. I too can swallow crow. Although not easy, I can do it when necessary.

• Like Like x 1
  4. NYer

NYer Veteran

The point being that time doesn't necessarily mean the case is falling to one side or another. Our case was heard on December 13th and there were holidays in the mix. It could turn out that we get a decision today or we may just fall into their stated timeline of 3 to 12 months.

The other cases that may have been decided before ours could just be case of that appeal not being in the correct court or a procedural situation that didn't need any type of background or it may have been a case which has found it's way back to the same Court which could mean the heavy lifting was already done.

There is no way to gauge all the variables in order to make a case for a probable positive outcome or a negative outcome.

5. Buck

Buck Contributor

Does anyone have any further information on the new shares announced by the TWU International?

6. WeAAsles

WeAAsles Veteran

It's going to still be awhile before we know anything on that Buck. We still have to wait for all of the Bankruptcy issues have been concluded before we get an idea on what's left in the disputed claims reserve.

7. AANOTOK

AANOTOK Veteran

8. Traymark

Traymark Senior

Boom, pay me!

9. enough already

enough already Veteran

So.... Now what?!

10. AANOTOK

AANOTOK Veteran

Sorry enough already, my Texas education doesn't allow me to decipher it, I only made A's in "cut n paste". Maybe NYer or W can explain a tad more...

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. WeAAsles

WeAAsles Veteran

Going to have to wait to see what the Union puts out about this? But it does look to me like we may be seeing more shares in that Computershare account of ours.

Again I'm sure the Union will take any partial shares and put them back into that held trust to maximize our value when they're all finally distributed out to us.

Again before people go nuts on that comment. The reason partial shares are being held is because if a partial share is less than the current stock value if the company can't distribute a full share it then reverts back to the company and they get to keep it and we never see that money.

Example: The value they owe you comes out to $38.00 on that partial share and the current share price is $48.00. Well we'll never see that $38.00. The company would not be able to distribute it.

Now times that $38.00 by around 20,000 TWU owed members and how much money did the company get to keep.

12. WeAAsles

WeAAsles Veteran

Let's also not forget that the guys (Either Mike Mays or Sean Doyle) who write the updates may be sitting in the Negotiations right now so I hope we can all take a chill pill till they can get a chance to put something out.

13. CremaDiLimone

CremaDiLimone Advanced

whatever money comes from this winning case, the money is held in shares by the company. i believe the total amount is apprx. 18 million shares.

around this time last year, aa came out and said they were going to 'distribute' this windfall to the shareholders. i took this as aa telling the world the BK claims were settled and they were preparing to do what all corporations do, after understanding these shares couldn't be put into the execs. accounts.

most FTs with 25 years or so were given apprx. $8k in equity. i remember no one knew how many shares we would get, but no one conveniently told us that we would get apprx. $8k in equity (super deal if this was the piece of candy (to make up for BK losses) for a merger). if aal's IPO was $8K a share, we would have gotten 1 share. of course no one knew what the IPO price would be...but the value of the company was in tighter parameters and didn't take much guesswork.

reading what the complaint was and sean lane addressing and agreeing the issue was the twu was shorted apprx. 1-2 shares for every $1k in equity, it looks as though we will get 8-16 shares each. i hope i'm wrong. since the value of the stock has increased since the $22 IPO, we may get even less.

i'm not sure if we are entitled to damages/interest from being originally shorted.

14. Buck

Buck Contributor

What about the rest of you?

15. CremaDiLimone

CremaDiLimone Advanced

16. CremaDiLimone

CremaDiLimone Advanced

we're still awaiting the 9th circuit court of appeals ruling...while they are now entertaining briefings from the states that sued the govt. on trump's immigration/refugee ban and the justice dept.

maybe the ruling is on a piece of paper under the table or gavel. i hope the cleaning lady didn't throw it away.

17. WeAAsles

WeAAsles Veteran

I'm sure that they just got very busy very fast. Every other appeals are now on a nice indefinite hold probably.

18. Ed Norton

Ed Norton Veteran

Hey Fredo (WeAAsels) Corleone. Maybe you and Johnny Ola can take the judge to see Superman. LOL!