Equity Update

Unless you are ACTUALLY at the Bargaining Table you or I do not know if your statement is factual.

Been told too many lies by the TWU in the past to believe them now.

They have cried "wolf" too many times.

1995 -2003 - 2012 Just to name a few times.

Whoever you are you’re entitled to believe whatever you want. Still won’t get you a vote though will it.

BTW never heard the Company say they gave our guys a full comprehensive proposal either.

All you have so far is a bunch of Jetnet bullet points and promises.

First off i am an employee of american airlines. A QC inspector at lax, i've also worked base maintenance in tulsa for 15 years and my name is Mike. I've been with AA for 23 years, not hiding anything.

I'm also not clutching, grasping, or pathetic. Just like everyone else on here I have an opinion, mine is I believe this offer is a fair one, do I get everything I want probably not, but the realistic side of me believes that its better to get this contract now, not 5 years from now.

You have no idea what the membership truly believes, nobody does, we will find that out when we have a vote on a new contract. Other than that you are just speculating.

you're entitled to feel that way..but, what would have been fair to you in the 1st place? did the company allow you to express that to them? did you email them and kerry and dave emailed you back?

why isn't the company sitting down and giving their 'fair' proposal to the negotiators? why are they wasting time and resources coming to me and you as individual employees?

i'm more wages/compensation, apparently, just like you. i'm not too concerned about the financial well-being of future fscs...just like you don't seem too concerned about o/h work (aa did scale back cutting amts just a bit??).

to me, this is what the company did now. they will have to simultaneously let us know what they offered the negotiators - i'm sure they will anyways, because i'm sure the negotiators won't tell us all...and the company will hope we pressure the assoc. for a vote on a 'TA'??

something doesn't seem right here. aa threw protocol and tradition out the window?

This is the EQUITY UPDATE thread, isn't it?
It is, and the Equity, is the employees that have put their equity in American Airlines, and who get tired of the company is lying or the union is lying and just want the chance to vote on something and move on. Then it turns into a big fight that this person is a sell out or doesn't care about the others . If you read these threads regardless if it is American or SWA , it's the same story.

Hey guys take a look at what AA put out in july 17 their first offer and the latest offer which is still not acceptable but much better.We could have voted the first offer in and got no improvements.
Or we could have voted overwhelmingly NO and shown AA there is still a huge amount of work yet to be done on their part.

you're entitled to feel that way..but, what would have been fair to you in the 1st place? did the company allow you to express that to them? did you email them and kerry and dave emailed you back?

why isn't the company sitting down and giving their 'fair' proposal to the negotiators? why are they wasting time and resources coming to me and you as individual employees?

i'm more wages/compensation, apparently, just like you. i'm not too concerned about the financial well-being of future fscs...just like you don't seem too concerned about o/h work (aa did scale back cutting amts just a bit??).

to me, this is what the company did now. they will have to simultaneously let us know what they offered the negotiators - i'm sure they will anyways, because i'm sure the negotiators won't tell us all...and the company will hope we pressure the assoc. for a vote on a 'TA'??

something doesn't seem right here. aa threw protocol and tradition out the window?
IMO the company has had enough of the GP crazy hot head videos, if he can't sit in a room all by himself without being able to control himself, how do you think he acts in negotiations. He is unprofessional and insulting and me personally I would like to have professional negotiators who know what they are doing instead of crazy hothead guy.

So to answer your question maybe the company is putting us in the penalty box. I hope that's not what it is but I feel like we are bringing a knife to a gun fight, no matter how smart we think we are, we cannot compete with the lawyers, accts, pension actuaries, and negotiators that the company uses in negotiations.

ok, i understand.

i'm also willing to bet that if GP was not one of the top 3 twu negotiators, there would be moans and groans:

- if he was not an AMT.
- if he was an AMT, but not 'angry" or tough enough to stand up to aa's negotiators.

that's just the way it goes.

assoc., only the twu, only the iam, this negotiator, lack of that negotiator...you're never going to satisfy everyone.

don't get me wrong, for fleet service; if the company sweetens the financials a bit and lays off lavs & water & 40% pt, i'm all for voting.

i just don't understand what i can do with that info and why i know it?

IMO the company has had enough of the GP crazy hot head videos, if he can't sit in a room all by himself without being able to control himself, how do you think he acts in negotiations. He is unprofessional and insulting and me personally I would like to have professional negotiators who know what they are doing instead of crazy hothead guy.

So to answer your question maybe the company is putting us in the penalty box. I hope that's not what it is but I feel like we are bringing a knife to a gun fight, no matter how smart we think we are, we cannot compete with the lawyers, accts, pension actuaries, and negotiators that the company uses in negotiations.

Putting us in the penalty box? We have been in the penalty box for over 15 years now. The company hasn't even acknowledged our sacrifices for that time. Hell, they don't even have the common decency to; at the very least, bring our holidays and sick time on par with our LUS counterparts. The $3000.00 so called bonus is basically a bridge payment for the payroll switch to the LUS WORKBRAIN system. So, the only people getting a bonus (for all intents and purposes) would be the LUS employees - as they are already on WORKBRAIN.

We are stuck in the middle. We have a company that lies to us about virtually everything they promise us, and a greedy union - whose main concern is for the international; as opposed to, the quality of the pay, and benefits the membership receives.

Now many of us are skeptical about what master GP serves, the international, or the largest local. and its members? His future benefits - retirement etc. would come from the international. What task do you suppose his international string pullers gave him? The popular response is maintain headcount, i.e. dues payers. He knows most of us; at this point, are done accepting less to maintain headcount. Been there, done that, it doesn't work.

That's just part of the problems we have on the LAA side. Now, courtesy of Jim Little, and Don Videtich, we are put on even footing with a much smaller group from the IAM side. These guys are under the delusion that they will be allowed to be the only ones with the old school medical plan, and maintain their multi employer, IAM run, failing, pension plan. This IAM group has to agree to bring any proposal to a vote, and have stated that if they don't get the above items they won't.

Putting us in the penalty box? We have been in the penalty box for over 15 years now. The company hasn't even acknowledged our sacrifices for that time. Hell, they don't even have the common decency to; at the very least, bring our holidays and sick time on par with our LUS counterparts. The $3000.00 so called bonus is basically a bridge payment for the payroll switch to the LUS WORKBRAIN system. So, the only people getting a bonus (for all intents and purposes) would be the LUS employees - as they are already on WORKBRAIN.

We are stuck in the middle. We have a company that lies to us about virtually everything they promise us, and a greedy union - whose main concern is for the international; as opposed to, the quality of the pay, and benefits the membership receives.

Now many of us are skeptical about what master GP serves, the international, or the largest local. and its members? His future benefits - retirement etc. would come from the international. What task do you suppose his international string pullers gave him? The popular response is maintain headcount, i.e. dues payers. He knows most of us; at this point, are done accepting less to maintain headcount. Been there, done that, it doesn't work.

That's just part of the problems we have on the LAA side. Now, courtesy of Jim Little, and Don Videtich, we are put on even footing with a much smaller group from the IAM side. These guys are under the delusion that they will be allowed to be the only ones with the old school medical plan, and maintain their multi employer, IAM run, failing, pension plan. This IAM group has to agree to bring any proposal to a vote, and have stated that if they don't get the above items they won't.
It's not the same company.
It's not the same union.
We are in unchartered territory.