F/a Layoffs Begin At Nwa

When I get on a plane, I want an experienced F/A! I don't want someone who was hired out of high school that worked at 7-11 for a year. I have seen very few regional F/As that I was comfortable with, but I very rarely felt nervous with one on a major. Keep the NWA f/As!!!!

We had a 320 return to the gate yesterday for a spoiler problem. Pulled the books and began to MEL the spoiler fault. MC came over the radio and said if we didn't have it done in 15 minutes they were going to cancel the flight. We got the MEL done and the plane departed. I then went to raise hell about the 15 minute time limit placed on the job. The reason behind the 15 minute limit really pissed me off.

The flight attendants had said that if they didn't depart in 15 minutes they were not going to take the flight. I said "No WAY!" Then it was explained to me that if an aircraft doesn't depart within a certain time limit from the scheduled departure time they can refuse the flight. Is this true?

If it is I think it is time for Northwest to bust the F/A's union wide open. There is no way I would put up with that at all.

You F/A's had better get with the program. I promise you that you can be replaced as easily as the cleaners and custodians.

I wonder what it would be like to be an F/A Scab? Maybe I should look into some F/A training.

There are no replacement F/A's, yet. If it was up to me I would kick that program into high gear. Maybe they will put up a better fight than those AMFA boys.

Four people on average yesterday on the picket line. At one time there was only one man and his daughter of about five. Who stood up there for awhile looking over the rail while his daughter ran around the strike area. I really do wish I knew what he was thinking.

PlayTheOdds said:
I really do wish I knew what he was thinking.
[post="309018"][/post]​

PTO..he was thinking to himself, if only those poor souls knew what kind of idiot was working on their plane they would be on another airline.

AirDude said:
Are those replacement flight attendant being laid off right away?
[post="309012"][/post]​

We were let go at the ending of the month. The replacements we told we wher no longer needed due to the bankruptcy..................

PlayTheOdds said:
We had a 320 return to the gate yesterday for a spoiler problem. Pulled the books and began to MEL the spoiler fault. MC came over the radio and said if we didn't have it done in 15 minutes they were going to cancel the flight. We got the MEL done and the plane departed. I then went to raise hell about the 15 minute time limit placed on the job. The reason behind the 15 minute limit really pissed me off.

The flight attendants had said that if they didn't depart in 15 minutes they were not going to take the flight. I said "No WAY!" Then it was explained to me that if an aircraft doesn't depart within a certain time limit from the scheduled departure time they can refuse the flight. Is this true?

If it is I think it is time for Northwest to bust the F/A's union wide open. There is no way I would put up with that at all.

You F/A's had better get with the program. I promise you that you can be replaced as easily as the cleaners and custodians.

I wonder what it would be like to be an F/A Scab? Maybe I should look into some F/A training.
[post="309008"][/post]​

Perhaps the F/As on that flight were about to go illegal.

PlayTheOdds said:
MC came over the radio and said if we didn't have it done in 15 minutes they were going to cancel the flight. We got the MEL done and the plane departed. I then went to raise hell about the 15 minute time limit placed on the job. The reason behind the 15 minute limit really pissed me off.
[post="309008"][/post]​

MC must have forgotten for a second when they asked for the 15 minutes and thought real NW mechanics were back at work. Maybe you need some remedial logbook training PTO if you are prove that you got it done in 15 minutes. But then again maybe longer then 15 is the norm now.

Its a good thing your manager wasnt in the restroom when you needed him to sign the MEL otherwise you would have had to wait in line til opie finished his job first.

Please excuse me im still laughing that you think getting it done in 15 minutes was such a great feat. :lol:

bto/pto,

I am going to address your comment:

"The flight attendants had said that if they didn't depart in 15 minutes they were not going to take the flight. I said "No WAY!" Then it was explained to me that if an aircraft doesn't depart within a certain time limit from the scheduled departure time they can refuse the flight. Is this true?

You F/A's had better get with the program. I promise you that you can be replaced as easily as the cleaners and custodians."

#1) A question: Do you have to work 14 hour duty days ????
#2) FA duty day begins at sign in... HOWEVER :::::::::::::
#2) FA's DO NOT get paid until the brakes( that should not take a whole night to replace) are released !!!!!

Envision an international flight, with a mechanical at the gate. The FA's are facing up to a 14 hr. flight. add 1,2,3,hours for mechanical ?
(over night for a SCAB brake job)

Helllloo????? And if at home base, we are NOT EVEN ON THE CLOCK yet !!!! Only for DUTY hours, which is what you are kwetching about !!! In other words, how long can you physically remain on duty before fatigue sets in ?????!!!

Personally I would not want anyone, be it gate agent, pilot, mechanic to be working 16,18, 20 hour shifts !(especially a SCAB mechanic, because you are a schlemiel to begin with!)
So much for your ignorant "jab and retreat" comments ! You are ill informed,
and fly off the handle in regards to issues you have little or no knowledge about....that is why your officious comments are so despised on this forum.

Typical SCAB...
To summarize how I feel about your braggart attitude that the SCABS are so wonderful???????

A SCAB IS:
THE BOTTOM OF THE TOP,
TOP OF THE BOTTOM,
CREAM OF THE CRAP !
and as you know @@it floats. That is why you always show up at the next SCAB job............

and again....what is a "baffoon ???" You BUFFOON !!!!!!

Cheers,
SN

chasbatl said:
MC must have forgotten for a second when they asked for the 15 minutes and thought real NW mechanics were back at work. Maybe you need some remedial logbook training PTO if you are prove that you got it done in 15 minutes. But then again maybe longer then 15 is the norm now.

Its a good thing your manager wasnt in the restroom when you needed him to sign the MEL otherwise you would have had to wait in line til opie finished his job first.

Please excuse me im still laughing that you think getting it done in 15 minutes was such a great feat. :lol:
[post="309170"][/post]​

Hey childish, oh sorry chas,

I sign off my own work thank you very much. I dont chase down anyone to sign for me and I dont know anyone here that doesnt sign their own work. :p

To the F/A's,

I am sorry for the coming lay offs, you have been wonderful people to work with and all I can say is I wish you and your families the very best and hopefully you will be back very soon. I know some of your ranks had some qualms about the contractors or replacements; however the working relationship has improved dramatically and I know that as professionals your main concern was always the flying public and I take my hat off to you all, you are very nice and very professional flight attend. and you will be sorely missed and we will all look forward to your rapid return. Best wishes from me and my family

Latest posts