F/a Layoffs Begin At Nwa

I have been driving around Detroit for the past few weeks now and I am really surprised at the number of union bumper stickers around here. I don't think it is because I have never paid attention to union bumper stickers I think that there is a strong union support in this part of the country that I have never experienced before. I have no idea what they all represented but just the idea of so many people with union bumper stickers was staggering. It makes me think of the woman pilot I met that said she was "raised to never cross a picket line." I honestly thought she was exaggerating that statement but I am not so sure now. At first I thought you guys were putting on a show for your solidarity for your unions, now I know that it is no show but that you people actually have this cult type relationship with these unions. I am not too sure how to decipher this realization. Are you guys genuinely worried about the common man or are your reactions simply paranoia brought on from being brainwashed by not only the unions but your parents as well?

I wonder what kind of grant I could get to figure this delusional state of mind you guys are in out?

Red Tail, I am a scab with no reservations about it at all. I do not belong to a cult however you do. The flying public doesn't seem to mind that fact either nor does the company I work for nor does the seven companies that have called since I have taken this contract. I think your opinion of me is simply biased paranoia, which only you and about 12% of the working population would agree with. I bet if your union told you to dance with rattlesnakes to turn this strike around you would with no questions asked.

I have been driving around Detroit for the past few weeks now and I am really surprised at the number of union bumper stickers around here. I don't think it is because I have never paid attention to union bumper stickers I think that there is a strong union support in this part of the country that I have never experienced before. I have no idea what they all represented but just the idea of so many people with union bumper stickers was staggering. It makes me think of the woman pilot I met that said she was "raised to never cross a picket line." I honestly thought she was exaggerating that statement but I am not so sure now. At first I thought you guys were putting on a show for your solidarity for your unions, now I know that it is no show but that you people actually have this cult type relationship with these unions. I am not too sure how to decipher this realization. Are you guys genuinely worried about the common man or are your reactions simply paranoia brought on from being brainwashed by not only the unions but your parents as well?

I wonder what kind of grant I could get to figure this delusional state of mind you guys are in out?

Red Tail, I am a scab with no reservations about it at all. I do not belong to a cult however you do. The flying public doesn't seem to mind that fact either nor does the company I work for nor does the seven companies that have called since I have taken this contract. I think your opinion of me is simply biased paranoia, which only you and about 12% of the working population would agree with. I bet if your union told you to dance with rattlesnakes to turn this strike around you would with no questions asked.
Hey PlaytheCods,

Since you have no "no reservations" about being a scab in DTW. You now have a vehicle now in DTW I assume, (or your stole the NWA scab bus).

Put on a bumper sticker while your driving around Proud to be a union hating NWA SCAB in big letters. Its easy to come on here and run your ignorant big scab mouth. Let's see if you have the balls to do it in public?

I think we all know the answer that question, don't we Mr. Cods? :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r:

No more scab bus for me, not even a stolen one. Where can I get a bumper sticker that says such a thing? Also Haloween is tomorrow and I would really like to wear an AMFA hat, t-shirt and jacket to work tomorrow. Do you have any idea where I can obtain such items?

Hey 'Cods, I'll make you a bumpersticker for free. Give your scab hotel address. BTW, your boasting and bragging how you negotiate your own scab contracts and you can't even spell Halloween? Jeezzz...... :blink:

I guess it is time for me to get a spell checker so I can be like you Hackman.

This is as good a place as any to make this post: Rumor going through the scab gossip line is that the NWA F/A's are talking strike. Have any of you guys heard any such rumors? If so what do I have to do to become an F/A? My mechanic days at NWA are getting short.

When I get on a plane, I want an experienced F/A! I don't want someone who was hired out of high school that worked at 7-11 for a year. I have seen very few regional F/As that I was comfortable with, but I very rarely felt nervous with one on a major. Keep the NWA f/As!!!!
I bet you could care less about the experience level ( although you should) as long as the fare is cheap. Your not willing to pay more for experienced crews.

NWA to layoff 1400
The layoffs will begin with 900 furloughs on Oct. 31, the memo said, including 480 in Detroit, Northwest's largest hub, and 355 in Minneapolis, according to a memo by a Northwest vice president for in-flight services that was provided by the Professional Flight Attendants Association.

NWA to layoff 1400
To all the furloughed F/A's, I can't impress upon you to keep your chin UP! I can clearly identify with how you feel at the moment (until you have been furloughed, NO ONE can even imagine how You feel). Hopefully the stress and difficulties on you and your families will be overcome. To the one's that remain, Don't forget about THEM!

Latest posts