F' LYIN TED, CRUZ('n) to CANCUN.

I'm guessing you don't know what the job of a Senator is....

Hint: it's not dealing with state agencies or public utilities which don't have Federal oversight. It's representing the rights and interests of the State when it comes to Federal law.

If you want to talk about someone who is Screwed, start a discussion about Cuomo. He belongs in jail.

Hint: it's not dealing with state agencies or public utilities which don't have Federal oversight. It's representing the rights and interests of the State when it comes to Federal law.

If you want to talk about someone who is Screwed, start a discussion about Cuomo. He belongs in jail.
Yeah....but the Federal help that is being sent there might be of interest to him.

Meh, it's faux-outrage to try and detract from the real catastrophe here -- a hyper-focus on investing in green power at the expense of re-investing in fossil fuels wound up killing people.

Not as many as Cuomo did, fortunately.

Notice Big Nance is calling for a congressional investigation into the Texas energy issues? Duh....Feds control Texas energy?

Yeah....but the Federal help that is being sent there might be of interest to him.
Ted's wife books a trip...what did she know about the power failures and when did she know it?

Notice Big Nance is calling for a congressional investigation into the Texas energy issues? Duh....Feds control Texas energy?

Ted's wife books a trip...what did she know about the power failures and when did she know it?
From the text conversations, the plans were made after the power went out. While Texas if figuring out what to do with their energy issues, they might want to create TEMA to help their citizens when their decisions based on being free of Federal regualation repeats itself, they'll be ready to into action.

Meh, it's faux-outrage to try and detract from the real catastrophe here -- a hyper-focus on investing in green power at the expense of re-investing in fossil fuels wound up killing people.

Not as many as Cuomo did, fortunately.

Some commentators have suggested that Texas’s growing share of renewable energy sources, such as wind and solar power, underlies this past week’s grid failure, but others have quickly pointed out that renewables are not the dominant power source in the state. What is your perspective?

I agree that the renewables claim is factually bogus. In the wintertime, renewables comprise about 8 percent of the energy in the ERCOT-managed grid, and that’s primarily from wind sources. It’s true that some wind turbines are frozen or were frozen. But the failure this week has been primarily a failure in natural gas generation. There are a bunch of reasons. First of all, Texas is heavily dependent on natural gas. It’s a big natural gas production state as well as consumption state, but it doesn’t need a lot of storage for the natural gas, because production facilities are in-state. Most of Texas is very dependent on real-time production of gas. And the gas production infrastructure, as well as the electric power infrastructure, has been hobbled by freezing. Also, the state’s gas production requires electricity supplied by the state’s isolated independent grid for its operations. So when you shut down the grid, you shut down gas production, and it becomes a house of cards. Heavy dependence on natural gas, along with the lack of natural gas storage, has really put the state in a difficult position here.

Some commentators have suggested that Texas’s growing share of renewable energy sources, such as wind and solar power, underlies this past week’s grid failure, but others have quickly pointed out that renewables are not the dominant power source in the state. What is your perspective?

I agree that the renewables claim is factually bogus. In the wintertime, renewables comprise about 8 percent of the energy in the ERCOT-managed grid, and that’s primarily from wind sources. It’s true that some wind turbines are frozen or were frozen. But the failure this week has been primarily a failure in natural gas generation. There are a bunch of reasons. First of all, Texas is heavily dependent on natural gas. It’s a big natural gas production state as well as consumption state, but it doesn’t need a lot of storage for the natural gas, because production facilities are in-state. Most of Texas is very dependent on real-time production of gas. And the gas production infrastructure, as well as the electric power infrastructure, has been hobbled by freezing. Also, the state’s gas production requires electricity supplied by the state’s isolated independent grid for its operations. So when you shut down the grid, you shut down gas production, and it becomes a house of cards. Heavy dependence on natural gas, along with the lack of natural gas storage, has really put the state in a difficult position here.

Don't forget to factor in renewables didn't help much in a time of dire need as a form of backup.

"Let them eat cake."

I'd give Cruz some (begrudging) credit if he'd just been honest about it. NFW he was planning to just pop down there for a night and come right back.

You can't ignore how wind failed as a surge source. Likewise for solar. When it really mattered, fossil fuel plants were essential. The big problem eco-warriors are trying to sweep away is not only were fossil fuel plants needed to maintain the baseload, they were also needed to maintain the surge.

20% of Texas's coal plants were closed down over the last 24 months, and that 20% would have made all the difference between catastrophe and inconvenience this week.

For that, I blame Obama for setting in motion the EPA regs that made coal an evil form of energy. I blame energy companies for how they've prioritized "green" projects over improving existing natural gas infrastructure.

If only 10% of the money used to construct new turbine farms had gone towards winterization of the pipelines, we wouldn't be talking about this.

Fortunately, that money will now be spent. And I'm sure Texans will eventually pay for that via higher energy costs, just as they've paid for those "useless when it matters" wind farms.

And since the only thing that Cruz could have influenced (EPA regs passed before he was even a Senator), it sort of renders moot all of the criticism. Smart people evacuate in a storm if you have the means and ability to do so. Let's give it a week and see which DemoRats fled the state for warmer climates. I'm sure they're out there.

You can't ignore how wind failed as a surge source. Likewise for solar. When it really mattered, fossil fuel plants were essential. The big problem eco-warriors are trying to sweep away is not only were fossil fuel plants needed to maintain the baseload, they were also needed to maintain the surge.

20% of Texas's coal plants were closed down over the last 24 months, and that 20% would have made all the difference between catastrophe and inconvenience this week.

For that, I blame Obama for setting in motion the EPA regs that made coal an evil form of energy. I blame energy companies for how they've prioritized "green" projects over improving existing natural gas infrastructure.

If only 10% of the money used to construct new turbine farms had gone towards winterization of the pipelines, we wouldn't be talking about this.

Fortunately, that money will now be spent. And I'm sure Texans will eventually pay for that via higher energy costs, just as they've paid for those "useless when it matters" wind farms.

And since the only thing that Cruz could have influenced (EPA regs passed before he was even a Senator), it sort of renders moot all of the criticism. Smart people evacuate in a storm if you have the means and ability to do so. Let's give it a week and see which DemoRats fled the state for warmer climates. I'm sure they're out there.

Wow. just wow. Quick question..was Trump cheated out of the last election?

Some people can’t wait to change the topic from Ted Cruz is a moron for flying to Cancun while his constituents froze.

Only excuse for that is Cruz would have been worthless in Texas, might as well go to Mexico.