F' LYIN TED, CRUZ('n) to CANCUN.

Again...was it the windmills fault that the natural gas plants froze up? And was Obama dictate that shutting down coal had to be immediate?

You can't dismiss the notion that when there are incentives to favor one form of energy production over another, that's where money will be spent first.

And yeah, Obama bears some responsibility for those wind farms -- wind investment was part of the ARRA in 2009, and his administration came up with a benignly named program called the Investment Tax Credit which gave wind investment projects a 30% tax credit. There's also the Production Tax Credit, which dates back to Bill Clinton's EPA, but was extended several times under Obama.

There's no question that utility companies made a conscious choice to invest in renewables instead of "this might only be necessary every 10-50 years" projects like the winterization of the fuel supply lines and turbine gearboxes & blade deicing.

'Touch me babe'......

Heard your penis had died........when you saw that picture, you suddenly realized rigor mortis had set in....

" B ".
I've got to be honest with you, Fake ta-ta's do Nothing for me. (Not that that person couldn't make some things interesting ) !!!

I'm a 34 B man myself, 5' 7'', 125-130 lbs, and of COURSE, a 100%, All NATURAL BLONDIE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Texas couldn't get the the gas to turn it on.

I don't really give a damn about green enegy except when people try to use it to cover for their failures in so many areas in Texas.

Also....if Texans thought those days without power were bad, just wait until they get their electric bill this March. I wonder if they'll be praising deregulation then.

Some folks have been receiving bills as high as 3k 5k even over 10k

Some folks have been receiving bills as high as 3k 5k even over 10k

Yeah...I wish we weren't on a public utility and could have the benefits of the free market here. Then again, my last gas bill was $115 and my last electric bill was $71. I guess I'm glad we have to deal with all this onerous regulation.

His Lights Stayed on During Texas' Storm. Now He Owes $16,752.

“My savings is gone,” said Scott Willoughby, a 63-year-old Army veteran who lives on Social Security payments in a Dallas suburb. He said he had nearly emptied his savings account so that he would be able to pay the $16,752 electric bill charged to his credit card — 70 times what he usually pays for all of his utilities combined. “There’s nothing I can do about it, but it’s broken me.”

The steep electric bills in Texas are in part a result of the state’s uniquely unregulated energy market, which allows customers to pick their electricity providers among about 220 retailers in an entirely market-driven system.

Welcome to the free market...:eek:

Read the fine print when you think you are saving money on a electricity or gas plan.

It's the free markets fault for these people making unresearched choices to save monies? All the answers were out there, they made their choice.
There was an article last week about a TExas energy company telling their customers to switch. In it, a woman said she did save money....untill.

And who says people didn't?. The free market is great. Supply and demand. Why....there was a demand for natural gas in Texas....here's what Jerry Jones did to help

https://www.si.com/nfl/2021/02/19/j...cations&utm_source=pushly&utm_campaign=828380 .

If a free market power supplier has to pay free market rates for gas....I guess this could happen. Of course, ERCOT could have spent a bit of money winterizing and preparing Texas for a "once every 50 year event"....but why do that- just pass it on to the customers. Ain't the free market great?

Yep, the free market *is* great. My 401K and IRA are proof of that.

There's a reason people want to live here, aside from the liberals like you who whine about the greatest country on Earth. If you don't want a market economy, move to Cuba. The weather's nice when there isn't a hurricane.

It's those same liberals who argue about supply and demand pricing, yet don't blink about paying a someone like Patrick Mahomes >$400M or Zeke Elliot >$90M with the justification that supply and demand for talent is what makes the NFL great....

There was an article last week about a TExas energy company telling their customers to switch. In it, a woman said she did save money....untill.

And who says people didn't?. The free market is great. Supply and demand. Why....there was a demand for natural gas in Texas....here's what Jerry Jones did to help

https://www.si.com/nfl/2021/02/19/j...cations&utm_source=pushly&utm_campaign=828380 .

If a free market power supplier has to pay free market rates for gas....I guess this could happen. Of course, ERCOT could have spent a bit of money winterizing and preparing Texas for a "once every 50 year event"....but why do that- just pass it on to the customers. Ain't the free market great?
Meh....like I said, they should have researched the terms 'variable' and fixed rate'. I did.

There were freakouts here during periods of high demand......Texas was off the charts.

I think there are laws regarding the jacking up prices during emergencies. Where's your glorious president and his investigative department? Or do they have to get their news from CNN before they act?

You may think this funny, but during the toilet paper crisis of 2019, stores were jacking up the prices to 40-50 bux for a 8 pack. PA AG jumped in.

Dell, since TX isn't part of the national grid and this was done via intrastate commerce, I'm not so sure the Feds have jurisdiction to investigate. Won't stop 'em but it might not be constitutional... Most states have laws against price gouging on essential supplies during an emergency, and I'd guess that few of those $10K gas and electric bill horror stories will actually be paid, which makes the price gouging argument moot.

Executive orders should be viewed as failures -- it means that you couldn't use the legislative process to effect an agenda...

Meh....like I said, they should have researched the terms 'variable' and fixed rate'. I did.

There were freakouts here during periods of high demand......Texas was off the charts.

I think there are laws regarding the jacking up prices during emergencies. Where's your glorious president and his investigative department? Or do they have to get their news from CNN before they act?

You may think this funny, but during the toilet paper crisis of 2019, stores were jacking up the prices to 40-50 bux for a 8 pack. PA AG jumped in.
Can Biden jump in? AFter all, the whole reason got in this mess is because they didn't want federal regulations.

Can Biden jump in? AFter all, the whole reason got in this mess is because they didn't want federal regulations.
Little states rights issue.Guess they didn't want the feds to have the power to shut down their grid at will.

Fed regulation wasn't the cause of the problem. It was the adaptability of a power system to extreme weather, and a failure of green energy as backup sources.
The Texas power grid is set up for performing in hot weather, more than anything.

Little states rights issue.Guess they didn't want the feds to have the power to shut down their grid at will.

Fed regulation wasn't the cause of the problem. It was the adaptability of a power system to extreme weather, and a failure of green energy as backup sources.
The Texas power grid is set up for performing in hot weather, more than anything.
The feds didn't shut down any other states grid. Texas wanted to do their own thing....and since it's usually hot there, we don't need to plan for cold weather...and if it gets cold, we can always invoke "The Green New Deal" and blame the windmills.

I wonder how many Texans who feel the free market is the best and used one of the "you pay wholesale" electric companies will fell when "wholesale" was $1,000 per day. Imagine...hundreds of thousands, if not millions of Texans who might be facing a $10,000 electric bill for February. If they can't pay, will Texas urge the Federal government to offer a little 'emergency relief' for those folks?