F' LYIN TED, CRUZ('n) to CANCUN.

I'm fine with no Federal bailout for Texas electric bills as long as Texans don't have to contribute anything towards the bailouts of NY, IL, and CA in the current "Covid Relief" bill that's more about pork than it is relief.

If a state caused its own problems thru lack of regulation or poor decision making, then clearly IL, NY, and CA dug their own grave long before COVID hit.

I'm fine with no Federal bailout for Texas electric bills as long as Texans don't have to contribute anything towards the bailouts of NY, IL, and CA in the current "Covid Relief" bill that's more about pork than it is relief.

If a state caused its own problems thru lack of regulation or poor decision making, then clearly IL, NY, and CA dug their own grave long before COVID hit.
Yet they didn't turn away FEMA. And remember...Ted didn't want New Jersey to get hurricane aid.

Did you get a Covid check last year? If so, did you send it back?

Yet they didn't turn away FEMA. And remember...Ted didn't want New Jersey to get hurricane aid.

Did you get a Covid check last year? If so, did you send it back?

Bought an AR-15 with my covid check.

Don't think it was as cut and dry as you attempt to make it. I thought there was all kinds of Pelosi/Schumer 'non emergency related' spending in the bill.

Bought an AR-15 with my covid check.

Don't think it was as cut and dry as you attempt to make it. I thought there was all kinds of Pelosi/Schumer 'non emergency related' spending in the bill.
Since you obviously didn't need your check, do you plan on turning down the one you'll get in this next bill?

The feds didn't shut down any other states grid. Texas wanted to do their own thing....and since it's usually hot there, we don't need to plan for cold weather...and if it gets cold, we can always invoke "The Green New Deal" and blame the windmills.

I wonder how many Texans who feel the free market is the best and used one of the "you pay wholesale" electric companies will fell when "wholesale" was $1,000 per day. Imagine...hundreds of thousands, if not millions of Texans who might be facing a $10,000 electric bill for February. If they can't pay, will Texas urge the Federal government to offer a little 'emergency relief' for those folks?

Lol

“Texas thought it could go it alone,” Senator Schumer declared on the Lower East Side. “Now Texas is paying the price. I hope they learned a lesson."

But Democrats never learn their lesson. And they’re never expected to learn.

In 2003, New York City’s power went out because of a mistake by an operator in Ohio as part of the second biggest blackout in history which took down the grid in eight states and in Canada.

Texas’ decision to go it alone was a whole lot smarter than tying the fates of eight states and two countries to a control room in Akron. An interstate power grid means that a problem in a whole other state or country that you have no control over can leave you in the dark.

What was Schumer’s response to the 2003 blackout? He blamed President Bush for a “free market” approach of “allowing the states and utility industry to deal with it by themselves”.

Schumer and the Democrats extracted somewhere in the neighborhood of $100 million to further integrate the power grid across a quarter of the country and parts of Canada.

In 2012, Hurricane Sandy hit taking out power, leaving hospitals and residents in the dark. The East River power substation’s underground equipment was flooded by a “wall of water”, and the explosion that took out power across a large part of Manhattan could be seen for miles.

The station is located in the Lower East Side: the location of Schumer’s smug taunt to Texas.

You might imagine that after all that, Schumer’s home city and state would have moved the power substation away from the river. And you clearly don’t know New York City.

Instead, $1 billion was invested in a “storm hardening program”. The goal of the program was to make sure that the underground substation located right by the river in an area that regularly experiences hurricanes won’t be flooded because it will now meet current storm surge predictions. The substation was already built to withstand a predicted storm surge of 12.5 feet. Hurricane Sandy’s storm surge hit 14 feet. If another hurricane beats the predictions, then Manhattan will be in the dark again because of an underground power substation by the river.

But, it’s Texas that isn’t “learning its lesson”.
======================================================================

Last year, New York’s power failure left a quarter of a million in the dark.

https://www.frontpagemag.com/fpm/20...t-capital-america-sneering-daniel-greenfield/

Lol

“Texas thought it could go it alone,” Senator Schumer declared on the Lower East Side. “Now Texas is paying the price. I hope they learned a lesson."

But Democrats never learn their lesson. And they’re never expected to learn.

In 2003, New York City’s power went out because of a mistake by an operator in Ohio as part of the second biggest blackout in history which took down the grid in eight states and in Canada.

Texas’ decision to go it alone was a whole lot smarter than tying the fates of eight states and two countries to a control room in Akron. An interstate power grid means that a problem in a whole other state or country that you have no control over can leave you in the dark.

What was Schumer’s response to the 2003 blackout? He blamed President Bush for a “free market” approach of “allowing the states and utility industry to deal with it by themselves”.

Schumer and the Democrats extracted somewhere in the neighborhood of $100 million to further integrate the power grid across a quarter of the country and parts of Canada.

In 2012, Hurricane Sandy hit taking out power, leaving hospitals and residents in the dark. The East River power substation’s underground equipment was flooded by a “wall of water”, and the explosion that took out power across a large part of Manhattan could be seen for miles.

The station is located in the Lower East Side: the location of Schumer’s smug taunt to Texas.

You might imagine that after all that, Schumer’s home city and state would have moved the power substation away from the river. And you clearly don’t know New York City.

Instead, $1 billion was invested in a “storm hardening program”. The goal of the program was to make sure that the underground substation located right by the river in an area that regularly experiences hurricanes won’t be flooded because it will now meet current storm surge predictions. The substation was already built to withstand a predicted storm surge of 12.5 feet. Hurricane Sandy’s storm surge hit 14 feet. If another hurricane beats the predictions, then Manhattan will be in the dark again because of an underground power substation by the river.

But, it’s Texas that isn’t “learning its lesson”.
======================================================================

Last year, New York’s power failure left a quarter of a million in the dark.

https://www.frontpagemag.com/fpm/20...t-capital-america-sneering-daniel-greenfield/

Yes...Texas learned it's lesson...they should have had better winter contingency plans. But there will be more...Texas is a mecca for the free market lovers. The ***** about low income people and tell them to get rid of their cell phone (which I don't think is possile these days), so they try to save money where they can. They see that they can save by going to a wholesale electricity provider. Then the get screwed and the response form teh ever caring right is "you took the gamble and lost". I still bet Takes Ass will come to Uncle Sam to "help them" with their citizens who got gouged.

Yes...Texas learned it's lesson...they should have had better winter contingency plans. But there will be more...Texas is a mecca for the free market lovers. The ***** about low income people and tell them to get rid of their cell phone (which I don't think is possile these days), so they try to save money where they can. They see that they can save by going to a wholesale electricity provider. Then the get screwed and the response form teh ever caring right is "you took the gamble and lost". I still bet Takes Ass will come to Uncle Sam to "help them" with their citizens who got gouged.
Maybe you should move out of Texas.

Class action suit filed.

https://abcnews.go.com/US/ercot-faces-class-action-lawsuit-resignations-wake-texas/story?id=76082010

Latest posts