F' LYIN TED, CRUZ('n) to CANCUN.

For the last 33 years, my home has been the initials at the start of my name.
And you been bitchin' about Texas that long too? Had me fooled.....thought you lived there........
biggrin.gif

Why is it named Johnson? Just curious.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thomas_Johnson_(Kansas_politician)

Although this may open a can of worms. I did not know he owned slaves, so I'm sure there will be a call to rename the county.

While I don't think we should celebrate an enemy of the US (confederacy) I think some things have gone a bit too far. Modern Kansas City was basically created by a guy named J.C. Nichols. He basically created subdivisions. He also pretty much created homes associations. And some of the "deed restrictions" prevented blacks from living there. It was the early part of the 20th century, and while the restrictions were wrong, it's the way the country was back then. Rather than celebrate that we have moved on, they renamed JC Nichols Parkway, a major throughfare in the Plaza District to Mill Creek Parkway, and they striped his name AND plaque from the JC Nichols Fountain...perhaps the most iconic image representing Kansas City. So we are to forget the man who created the city for doing nothing more that what was normal for the times...as bad as it might have been.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thomas_Johnson_(Kansas_politician)

Although this may open a can of worms. I did not know he owned slaves, so I'm sure there will be a call to rename the county.

While I don't think we should celebrate an enemy of the US (confederacy) I think some things have gone a bit too far. Modern Kansas City was basically created by a guy named J.C. Nichols. He basically created subdivisions. He also pretty much created homes associations. And some of the "deed restrictions" prevented blacks from living there. It was the early part of the 20th century, and while the restrictions were wrong, it's the way the country was back then. Rather than celebrate that we have moved on, they renamed JC Nichols Parkway, a major throughfare in the Plaza District to Mill Creek Parkway, and they striped his name AND plaque from the JC Nichols Fountain...perhaps the most iconic image representing Kansas City. So we are to forget the man who created the city for doing nothing more that what was normal for the times...as bad as it might have been.
I think you'll find many from those midwest areas, in those times, who were slave owners....See where they stood on the Confederacy.
I think erasing history is a bad idea....you learn and move forward from it.