Facemasks now required at work.

Rogallo

Veteran
Mar 3, 2009
Face coverings required for team members beginning May 8

The safety and well-being of our team and customers is our unwavering focus and priority always, but especially in response to coronavirus (COVID-19). We continue to refine our approach to account for updated guidance from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and other health officials. That’s why, last month, we began providing face masks for team members who wanted to wear them while at work. That’s also why, beginning May 8, face coverings will be required for all team members while at work. Learn more about the new requirement on Jetnet.

#freedomoverfear

Same story at SWA. Not mandatory, but everyone is wearing them for safety and respect. Started back in April here for us, I think it was around the 3rd week of April. Everyone who shows for work are still getting temps checked when arriving with 99.6 being the cutoff point to be sent home.
No one can leave their work area to go work in another work area. In other words, a structures mechanic can not go work in a shop location, hgr ron, c-check, line ron, line, and vise-versa. All day trades are still allowed but mechanics stay in their original work areas to do the day trades.

If the antibody testing results coming out are an indicator, the large spread already happened, Jim.

Lots of people are testing with antibodies who were asymptomatic, so it's entirely possible that spread went undetected for weeks if not months before hospitalizations started.

Anyone have any data on prolonged wearing of masks on SpO2 levels? Probably not a good idea to have pilots with possible hypoxia in the cockpit?

If the antibody testing results coming out are an indicator, the large spread already happened, Jim.

Lots of people are testing with antibodies who were asymptomatic, so it's entirely possible that spread went undetected for weeks if not months before hospitalizations started.
Well, I'm not one to say I told you so, but....:rolleyes:

Every article about testing and studies I’ve read always have the caveats attached (tests may not be 100% accurate, even if you test positive you may not be immune, blah blah blah).
This is very irritating to me, we fund all of these organizations with billions and they say that getting accurate testing is months away. Come On, isn’t that what they do?

Latest posts