E-Mail:
Employer: SWA
The numbers are in for the SWA Contract extension Letter of Agreement:

1517 eligible voters
1088 votes cast

579 votes FOR the Extension LOA
509 votes AGAINST

The LOA passes with 53% in favor of the Contract Extension Letter of Agreement

Remember people. YOUR VOTE COUNTS! 429 people chose NOT TO VOTE!!!!!

I was so hoping to negotiate an AMFA contract. Now my hopes are dashed.

Guess the old IBT contract was good enough for the amfa pukes. Fear of opening up negotiations is a new one. Way to go amfa!

Well at least over at Southwest their pay is keeping up with inflation, while over here at AA we are being buried alive with this abomination of a TWU contract. AA mechanics(the ones that are left) are getting poorer by the second.

OMG nightwatch!!!!! i didn't think anyone would DARE post that!!!HAHAHAHA....
yeah pretty LAME huh? but, i think SW can see the writing on the future as can we @ AA...........NO i said NO amfa(PUKE)
hang on THEY will be after you, no worry tho they're just SCABS & YOU CAN SCRAPE 'EM :up: keep it "nightwatch" you are too good. i think that PUNK in afw don't like you much. what's with that? i love your bottom line...TRUTH you "strake" keep me LOLATT :D
TWU/AFL/CIO/ATD=UNION=SCABFREE :up:
gee i hope i spelt everything ok, o well i'm sure they can finger it out. btw i saw O SCABmaster (dAAve stewart & tommie boy) heading out to hangar 6 to meet with that mark inman to give a spelling lesson. you know how they are....SCABS HAHA

Hey decision, can you believe that the SW mechanics turned down the opportunity for the amfa to negotiate a contract for them...??? I sure can..! You know, this again brings to mind the September 2003 amfa informational meeting held in Tulsa. Was'nt there two SW mechanics present when Wildermouth stated that amfa members at NW elected to give up Seniority rights for the money...??? Must have scared the begeeber's out of them...! What'cha think there decision..??? :blink:

You are a real hero decision 2004 ;)

------------------------------------
amfa: The YUGO of the labor movement
Where bargaining means YOU GO....!

High Speed Steel said:
Hey decision, can you believe that the SW mechanics turned down the opportunity for the amfa to negotiate a contract for them...??? I sure can..! You know, this again brings to mind the September 2003 amfa informational meeting held in Tulsa. Was'nt there two SW mechanics present when Wildermouth stated that amfa members at NW elected to give up Seniority rights for the money...??? Must have scared the begeeber's out of them...! What'cha think there decision..??? :blink:

You are a real hero decision 2004 ;)

------------------------------------
amfa: The YUGO of the labor movement
Where bargaining means YOU GO....!
[post="181083"][/post]​

I am glad the SWA Mechanics were given the chance to decide their future course. Unlike the "without further ratification" agreement we have.

If you understood half as much about unionism as you claim then you wouldn't even ask such silly question.

You see when a REAL Union is on the property, the mechanics are the union. Yet, in typical industrial union fashion and belief system, you pose a question that actually seperates the union from the mechanic.

Explain to me "who" you think AMFA is, and I will attempt to answer your question. In my mind, the member is the union, and therefore your question is a paradox and cannot be answered accurately. In fact, why don't you attempt to explain who you think the "TWU" is while you are at it? I don't get it High Speed Steel, you walk around wearing a t-shirt with a TWU logo, and the slogan claims "I am the Union" on it, yet your belief system clearly indicates a belief that you are not the union, and neither is the SWA Mechanic AMFA. SO who is the "UNION" in your mind?

I find it interesting that TWU Cultist constantly make references to the union and the member being two seperate bodies of direction. This is no doubt true if you are a TWU member given the overwhelming power and control the "union" compared the the weak rights and powers of the member. But you keep thinking that is the way ALL unions operate, and that is why you cannot understand what the debate is even about, much less what would be best for your future.

Maybe you should return to the Labor Studies Books regarding the History, Organization, and Function of Unions, and then return to this bulletin and ask yourself, why you have been trained to believe that a union organization and the member is not a unification of one, but instead two seperate powers.

In other words, learn the difference between Craft Unionism and a Membership Empowered CONSTITUTIONAL Structure vs. Industrial Union Dictatorships before you apply your frivulous and skewed logic when asking such a lame brain, uniformed question.

Given the current environment of the Airline Industry, if you had been offered the chance to extend your 2001 Agreement, and were getting a raise to do so, would have voted yes and turn down the opppurtunity for the "TWU" to negotiate a new contract? Given you voted yes to take an industry leading concession to extend your agreement, I think the answer is clear. So why ridicule another Mechanic group that is fairing a hell of alot better than you are?

Given the current environment, with AMFA as a BA, they voted the only way they could....AMFA's track record is getting better known everyday, and it scares the H out of it's members.

Besides...now they can blame the IBT through 2008! Hallelujah

Received: 09/16/04 00:24:25 EDT
Name:
E-Mail:
Crossthread,

I appreciate and respect your opinion, but I for one fought too hard and long to defeat the teamsters and bring AMFA in! All of this work is for not if we can't negotiate an AMFA contract in good will. The company invited AMFA for a meet and great prior to the AMFA contract negotiation. Instead, SWA gave us this "non negotiable" contract extension and AMFA National DROPPED THE BALL and Aquiessed to the President of Local 11 requireing this to be brought to a vote by the members. The airline reps responsibility is to decide if this is accepted or denied at the table. This is why we vote to have people in high level positions to make vital decisions for us. This isn't rocket science. This is in the AMFA constitution! AMFA is NOT a "Direct Democracy" AMFA is designed like our country as a Constitutional Republic! This is why we vote in Airline Representative to vote for our best interests, ie senators/representatives.

We have played into the company's hand by voting for this LOA. Now we have to negotiate with no less than 5 other labor groups in 08 including the cleaners which we fought long and hard two contracts ago to separate from!

Do you really believe we will be negotiating a contract in 08? I laugh at this! We already accepted a contract extension. What makes you think that we wouldn't collectively turn down another extension? When was the last time we settled a contract prior to the contract expiring? Never in my more than 14 years with this company and that has been with no other labor groups at the table! Now we have 5!!! Honestly, you have to realize that we would be lucky to have a contract offer on the table by 2010! This has to be one of the proudest moments in teamster history. They will have a contract in force well after 5 years after it should have been terminated! Even worse. We fought for honest representation and now we have AMFA defending a teamster contract for possibly five more years!

Shame on my lazy brothers and sisters that couldn't even bother to pick up the phone and punch in a few numbers, but even worse SHAME ON THE AIRCRAFT MECHANICS FRATERNAL ASSOCIATION FOR ALLOWING THIS TO HAPPEN IN THE FIRST PLACE!!!!!!!!!!!!

Please, someone step up to the plate so we can unseat O.V. Delle Femine in the next election? We did well getting rid of some of the incumbants, now we need to clean house!

Received: 09/16/04 10:00:44 EDT
Name: Constitutionalist
E-Mail:
No need for the next Convention or National Officer Election to unseat a Representative! Refer to AMFA Constitution Article VII, Recall of National Officers. Ref: Article XIV for Recall of Local Officers and Reps. Wasting more time is NOT what AMFA needs!!! What AMFA needs at this critical time, is some CLEAR direction! RIGHT NOW. Not tomorrow, not months and years from now! Let's collectively come together and get this Association working for the membership. The Constitution is our only salvation. Don't let the Leadership run away with OUR rights!!

Received: 09/16/04 11:15:00 EDT
Name:
E-Mail:
Employer: swa
thanks to the SWA sheeple mechanics for a 7 year teamster contract. we never wanted one 3 years ago, and fought tooth and nail to keep it from happening. now you decided you want one? why not just request an additional 10 year contract extention on top of this? as long as you bozo's see money on it you'll take it. this was never about money. And you voted on the first offer?
We are a bunch of fools with such a low rate of votership. i am ashamed to be part of the SWA mechanics group. what a bunch of SHEEP. I blame the amfa leadership from the shop stewards on up for not taking the time to go around and remind the sheep that they need to pick up a phone and vote. and reminding the rank and file on the importance of this vote. it can't get any easier than making a phone call.
what kind of message does this send to the upper management? that you are either desperate for an additional 20 cents or lazy or both.

Let the crying game begin. First we'll blame Delle, then Jim Young, AMFA and even the teamsters for the outcome of this vote. If you have grave difficulties in the outcome of the vote you may resign your position at SWA and I'm quite positive that an unemployed AMFA brother/sister will gladly fill your shoe's.

Isn't this a riot? Now he wants to blame the floor...HAHAHA

hey SCABmaster, decision'04 answer the ? HSS put before you!!!!!!
you never asner any ? that puts you SCABS where you belong....in a YUGO
reply to some nightwatch posts..*snif* *snif* is that FEAR i smell??? amfa(PUKE) FEAR!!!!! SW dumped you 'cause you douped into voting you in & now they (SW) CLEARLY see what a MISTAKE it was. there is an old saying that fits you SCABS just right."rave on catsh*t, someone will come along & cover you up" we're not gonna just cover up up SCABS we're bury you....HAHAHAHA yeah go read the decision'08 on SW again & read the post by HSS & answer his ? & read nightwatchs' post & ask yourself>>>"WHAT PART OF UNIOND DON'T "I" UNDERSTAND? LOLROFLOL btw SCABmaster did you & tommie get make inman lined out on proper posting? & it looks like hopeless & boobyboy got reamed pretty good on the American Airlines site...ah DUH :shock: seems like they don't buy in to all their blah,blah,blah,blah, blah' either remember this >>>>>>>>>>
TWU/AFL/CIO/ATD=UNION=SCABFREE :up:
btw "nightwatch"/ HSS.....i for one ENJOYED your posts.. KEEP IT UP :up:

Back