FAs reach TA

I don't remember the last time anyone got bumped on AA due to weight restrictions. AE doesn't count because rj's don't have extra jumpseats anyway.  Is that still an issue for other airlines?  Maybe in the winter with snow and ice issues? 

I don't get it. If the plane holds 150 and say there are 150 fare paying passengers on board, and the plane is weight restricted to 150, adding a nonrev to the jumpseat will exceed the restriction. I always thought only the normal crew complement did'nt count toward the weight restriction?

If its a hot high altitude airport depending on airplane type occasionally its not going to be able to carry everything or everybody. It may have to leave with empty seats or leave the mail and cargo. 

swamt said:
Do you have where UAL is now at 13 years and final top out rate?  And do you have where CAL is before this contract at year 13 and top out (end of contract)?   Just curious on the amount of increases being offered as a %. Thx.
OOps forgot to add this.  That is very odd on the no signing bonus.  I disagree with the unions explanation of why no signing bonus. But, we will see if it bothers the members enough, that could be a motive for some NO votes

swamt said:
Do you have where UAL is now at 13 years and final top out rate?  And do you have where CAL is before this contract at year 13 and top out (end of contract)?   Just curious on the amount of increases being offered as a %. Thx.
OOps forgot to add this.  That is very odd on the no signing bonus.  I disagree with the unions explanation of why no signing bonus. But, we will see if it bothers the members enough, that could be a motive for some NO votes
eolesen said:
It's a pretty hefty raise, so maybe they (AFA) decided it's better to take money over the duration of the contract than up front?UA just did a buyout a year or so ago, so why include another one when they're already hiring vs. furloughing?

jeep, you need to learn how to answer and post. Your not making any sense. 

According to the article below, the members do not seem to be thrilled at all about their new contract offer.  Will this be another contract being offered in the airline industry, fully recommended by the nego. cmte., rejected by the membership?   Our Pilots and F/A's, Delta's Pilots, and I think another group somewhere.  

Business

United Airlines flight attendants find the devil is showing up in tentative contract details

Business

United Airlines flight attendants find the devil is showing up in tentative contract details

swamt said:
According to the article below, the members do not seem to be thrilled at all about their new contract offer.  Will this be another contract being offered in the airline industry, fully recommended by the nego. cmte., rejected by the membership?
It passed with 53% on 90% participation, so I'd say that those reports were slightly exaggerated...

Between this and the TA with the IBT, it's looking more and more like there could actually be labor peace at UAL.

I have seen the numbers, and this barely passed by 3%, which means 47% will have to live by a contract they did not want. Just shows that the F/A's will be divided by 1/2 of happy and not happy members.  I know most co's want the 50% plus one to vote yes as they think that was the cheapest way to get a contract, but it does come with a split membership.  Soon we will find out about the mechanics offer.

swamt said:
barely passed by 3%
Where I come from, 1% or less is barely passing. When you consider the non-voting 10%, there's an argument that this really won by 13%, since that 10% didn't seem to care one way or the other.

But I get your point -- how successfully this is executed does depend somewhat on what drove ~42% of the employees to vote no.