Feb / Mar 2013 US Pilots Labor Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Analysts expect merged AMR to earn close to $3 billion in 2014

Airline analysts Jamie Baker and Mark Streeter of J.P. Morgan released a revised report on how they see AMR performing in coming years after the American Airlines-US Airways merger. Generally, they see good things.

Their model projects that AMR will have pro forma net income of $2.35 billion in 2013 and $2.90 billion in 2014.

They estimate that earnings before interest, depreciation, taxes, depreciation, amortization and rents (EBITDAR) will reach $6.0 billion in 2013 and $6.8 billion in 2014. EBITDAR margins would be 14.9 percent in 2013 and 16.1 percent in 2014, ahead of their estimates for Delta Air Lines and United Airlines in those years.

One thing that will help AMR’s bottom line is that the unions negotiated away profit sharing, the elimination of which he estimated added $300 million to $450 million in EBITDAR for AMR. In addition, the new American’s pilot costs will be lower than Delta’s and United’s until 2016

Reactions: 1 person
The union you helped create has cost each of us tens of thousands of dollars, weeks of time off we'll never get back, and made us the laughingstock of the industry.

Thanks for furthering our cause.
USCABA. Has cost you HUNDREDS of thousands of dollars....and they're not done yet. Just wait and witness the madness as their expiration date approaches. Kind of makes me wish Cleary was still around. He was so fking stupid he would probably have ended up in jail instead of the Loony bin he's in now.

Reactions: 3 people
USCABA. Has cost you HUNDREDS of thousands of dollars....and they're not done yet. Just wait and witness the madness as their expiration date approaches. Kind of makes me wish Cleary was still around. He was so fking stupid he would probably have ended up in jail instead of the Loony bin he's in now.

Nicolau lottery ticket 2007. Six years later, Nicolau scratch and sniff ticket for you, courtesy of USAPA.

Do the math.

http://web.mit.edu/airlinedata/www/2010%2012%20Month%20Documents/Employees%20and%20Compensation/Pilots/Average%20Annual%20Wages%20and%20Salaries%20-%20PILOT%20AND%20CO-PILOT%20PERSONNEL.htm

What struck work? Maintenance on aircraft? nope. Pushbacks? Nope. Pass out parts? Nope. What then? Also, you have no clue to how often an autopilot MEL is turned down. It depends on many factors...weather, turbulence, duty day... I've flown several legs without an autopilot, but now days we have two, not one, like on the 727 and 737-200 so MELs are rare. But I guess you wouldn't know that since you are NOT A PILOT.
700 just wants your pay because he is related as a parts boy he gave a Mechanic a part to install on the AIRCRAFT and you use it so he is entitled to your pay.

Will you finally submit to the polygraph Doyal?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts