FF with Something Nice to Say About US

So true, but as a fa, i agree it can be sucky, but only if you had to do it 5 or 6 days a week. I know some fa's that do work 150 plus hours per month now that is sucky!!

And at the bottom of the article:

Related Reads

New Study: Penis Size Does Matter to Women
New Report Shows More Americans Are Fed Up With Airlines
Why I'll Never Be Caught in a Cruise Ship Disaster

I get the connection between this article and the second two, but the first one?

Reactions: 1 person
So true, but as a fa, i agree it can be sucky, but only if you had to do it 5 or 6 days a week. I know some fa's that do work 150 plus hours per month now that is sucky!!

We have one that works over 200 hours a month (back-to-back TLV with no break....arrive PHL at 5 am, back out that night at 9 pm.)

His paycheck is larger than the F/Os.

We have one in MIA over 70 and flys 150 plus every month and that's domestic! To each his own but 55 or 60 per month is good, I almost enjoy it. Of course Im not driving a BMW LOL

Same thing with the one in MIA, every month! I've worked with this one, some of the pax are afraid to ask for anything. We actually have a few more that work 135 -150 but they are not in their 70s. I don't know how they do it. One of them in MIA commutes and practically lives in ops, I actually like her but she is kinda mean to the pax sometimes.

Same thing with the one in MIA, every month! I've worked with this one, some of the pax are afraid to ask for anything. We actually have a few more that work 135 -150 but they are not in their 70s. I don't know how they do it. One of them in MIA commutes and practically lives in ops, I actually like her but she is kinda mean to the pax sometimes.

That's quite different than our TLV marathoner. This F/A usually does a pretty nice job, and treats the pax well. I doubt a passenger could ever tell that the F/A lives on that airplane.

Reactions: 2 people
As long as the f/a does not fly more than 6 calendar days in a row, the FAA regulation regarding f/a legality is "is the flight attendant upright and are the eyes open?...then they are legal to fly." :lol: (Though I don't know if a 24 hour layover in TLV counts as the legal break. I know that on domestic, a layover longer than 24 hours counts as a break.)

I too know a f/a who flies 130-140 hours/month (deadbeat ex and 2 small children to raise). I'm a whiz at trip trading, and I don't know how you get that many hours on your schedule without creating a legality problem.

As long as the f/a does not fly more than 6 calendar days in a row, the FAA regulation regarding f/a legality is "is the flight attendant upright and are the eyes open?...then they are legal to fly." :lol: (Though I don't know if a 24 hour layover in TLV counts as the legal break. I know that on domestic, a layover longer than 24 hours counts as a break.)

I too know a f/a who flies 130-140 hours/month (deadbeat ex and 2 small children to raise). I'm a whiz at trip trading, and I don't know how you get that many hours on your schedule without creating a legality problem.

The transatlantic layovers count as a 24 hour break for pilots. I imagine the flight attendants are the same. If this TLV F/A can manage pay in excess of 200 hours in one month, then there must be overlapping trips with the legal break taken in TLV. Mathematically impossible to do it otherwise.

But pilots cannot do this due to a required break after the 12 hour plus flight westbound.

When the new rest rules go into effect in January, there's no telling how it will work. Even the company hasn't divulged this information. I doubt the FAA really even knows what they've done in terms of the real world (but that is typical FAA.)

Off topic, but that last statement is more true than one would imagine. For instance, a flight attendant on reserve, but on 24-hour call, may be sitting at home watching tv and eating bon-bons, but to the FAA that counts as being "on duty"; therefore, the f/a may not sit reserve or fly (or a combo of the two) for more than 6 calendar days in a row without a 24-hour duty-free break. A flight attendant on an extra long (more than 24-hour) layover does not count as "on duty"; even though the flight attendant is away from their base, must answer the phone if crew scheduling calls, is subject to reassignment at any time, and can be disciplined for inappropriate behavior that might bring ill repute upon the airline.

Latest posts