Filling AMT position.

Parker has said straight up, of course he wants in the Contract to help the Contract pass. It’s a lot of money.

Got this text from a buddy I thought I’d share with you.

“Dig in your heels Brother. Gonna be a long ride”

“There’s no way that my signature’s gonna go on a piece of crap Contract, regardless of who wants it or who doesn’t want it”

John Samuelsen TWU International President.

Of course his signature won't go on a piece of crap contract, or any contract for that matter. Since when does a TWU INTERNATIONAL PRESIDENT sign an airline contract where it is usually an ATD director who signs? Our current POS contract has two signatures. And I don't see any international president's signature.
As a matter of fact it is signed by the ATD DEPUTY director.

Reactions: swamt
Of course his signature won't go on a piece of crap contract, or any contract for that matter. Since when does a TWU INTERNATIONAL PRESIDENT sign an airline contract where it is usually an ATD director who signs? Our current POS contract has two signatures. And I don't see any international president's signature.
As a matter of fact it is signed by the ATD DEPUTY director.

Whether it’s Samuelsen himself or the ATD Director you should get the point of what he’s saying. Samuelsen can either delegate the authority or come in and sign it himself?

And our current POS Contracts are Bankruptcy contracts. Might be the reason why it was signed by the Deputy Director.

Edit for correction. James C Little.

B3A6F608-515A-43FD-A510-BFDCAD0B1AFE.png

Last edited:
Whether it’s Samuelsen himself or the ATD Director you should get the point of what he’s saying. Samuelsen can either delegate the authority or come in and sign it himself?
And our current POS Contracts are Bankruptcy contracts. Might be the reason why it was signed by the Deputy Director.

Edit for correction. James C Little.

View attachment 14103

Even if the members vote for a POS contract? Will he override the will of the members?
Would he do that to the bus and train workers?

Yes the International owns the contract. But he is able to blow his horn much louder hard when he is dealing with city of NY where there is only one MTA to deal with!
If the day ever comes where we get arbitrated, I believe the company will prevail.He might get an education on the Railway Labor Act.
If, under the RLA, a PEB is appointed, I believe the company will prevail. If, in the end, we are released and engage in self help, the company will prevail as they will also be free to impose new work rules and replace whoever they wish.
These scenarios are of course years away.
So he can beat his chest all he wants, however well intentioned.
Fighting the public sector is way different than fighting the private sector.

Last edited:
Even if the members vote for a POS contract? Will he override the will of the members?
Would he do that to the bus and train workers?

Yes the International owns the contract. But he is able to blow his horn much louder hard when he is dealing with city of NY where there is only one MTA to deal with!
If the day ever comes where we get arbitrated, I believe the company will prevail.He might get an education on the Railway Labor Act.
If, under the RLA, a PEB is appointed, I believe the company will prevail. If, in the end, we are released and engage in self help, the company will prevail as they will also be free to impose new work rules and replace whoever they wish.
These scenarios are of course years away.
So he can beat his chest all he wants, however well intentioned.
Fighting the public sector is way different than fighting the private sector.

I suspect if both the IAM and the TWU agree to send out something for a vote it wouldn’t be a complete “Piece of Shite”?

But why in the World if we voted either way would the guy override that decision?

BTW I think by now the guy knows how the RLA works. He’s been with the International long enough now and has lots of advisors. Besides that the guy isn’t as much of a Bozo as maybe you think he is. They don’t have Turnip Trucks in NYC.

BTW you really think all these news reports spotlighting Aircraft Maintenance issues are suddenly some random coincidence?

BTW how about you guys welcome this more than likely young Mechanic into the Company?

Just because we may be a little sour doesn’t mean we have to rain on his parade. Do we.

BTW how about you guys welcome this more than likely young Mechanic into the Company?

Just because we may be a little sour doesn’t mean we have to rain on his parade. Do we.

Build your resume' up, and leave AA as soon as you get an offer from any other decent paying AMT employer. The company leadership sucks, and if that isn't bad enough, the so called union that represents us - doesn't really! They are; however, very adept at collecting dues. Don't get bogged down with seniority at AA like the rest of us. Especially if you hired on under the TWU contract! Seriously, this contract is years away at best.

In time this company will crush his spirit. I had an old timer tell me that when I hired in 29 years ago. He was pretty much right. I`d tell our new coworker to be prepared to be disappointed in both the company and "union".

I suspect if both the IAM and the TWU agree to send out something for a vote it wouldn’t be a complete “Piece of Shite”?

But why in the World if we voted either way would the guy override that decision?

BTW I think by now the guy knows how the RLA works. He’s been with the International long enough now and has lots of advisors. Besides that the guy isn’t as much of a Bozo as maybe you think he is. They don’t have Turnip Trucks in NYC.

BTW you really think all these news reports spotlighting Aircraft Maintenance issues are suddenly some random coincidence?
Never called him a Bozo. My point is what may work against the MTA and city of NY won't necessarily work against an airline.
Also my point of an override reminds me of Little letting us know of his constitutional powers.

Never called him a Bozo. My point is what may work against the MTA and city of NY won't necessarily work against an airline.

“Won’t necessarily”

Don’t know if you don’t try?

Also my point of an override reminds me of Little letting us know of his constitutional powers.

Should a Coach or a General give a Wishy Washy speech?

It’s called trying to motivate people to take action. Particularly for themselves.

If people don’t do shite, they don’t really deserve any more than shite.

Still one of the best films ever made.

Last edited:
In time this company will crush his spirit. I had an old timer tell me that when I hired in 29 years ago. He was pretty much right. I`d tell our new coworker to be prepared to be disappointed in both the company and "union".

Can you explain then why after 24 years my spirit isn’t crushed? Am I really any different than some of you guys?

What I’ll tell this guy is you make out of life whatever you give to it. And since it’s your spirit to break you don’t let any Company or any miserable bastard who didn’t get what he wanted out of life or it didn’t live up to his maybe too high expectations break you down.

Can you explain then why after 24 years my spirit isn’t crushed? Am I really any different than some of you guys?

What I’ll tell this guy is you make out of life whatever you give to it. And since it’s your spirit to break you don’t let any Company or any miserable bastard who didn’t get what he wanted out of life or it didn’t live up to his maybe too high expectations break you down.

Nope. I cant answer that for you Weez, other than you're an exception. Imho he shouldn't get too comfortable. Given the company intent on cutting 3100 maintenance jobs, he wont make 6 months once the jcba is signed. Just my 2 cents of course.

Get some experience and go to Fedex whos top out is over $57 hr now and will probably go up to match UPS new $66 hr top out.

Dont go work for UPS, we have heard the place is like a prisoner of war camp and sucks so bad it doesnt matter how much it pays its not worth it.

Tell me something positive please. Haha

Nope. I cant answer that for you Weez, other than you're an exception. Imho he shouldn't get too comfortable. Given the company intent on cutting 3100 maintenance jobs, he wont make 6 months once the jcba is signed. Just my 2 cents of course.

The Company will not get rid of one single new hire. Any cuts are going to be through attrition getting out the higher paid Mechanics and lowering their overall labor costs.

The Company will not spend X amount of Dollars putting them through all the training just to send them to the street so they run the risk of them moving on to other Companies.

AA has a lot of older Mechanics who are chomping at the bit to grab that 100K + buyout they know is coming.

Latest posts