Filling AMT position.

Get some experience and go to Fedex whos top out is over $57 hr now and will probably go up to match UPS new $66 hr top out.

Dont go work for UPS, we have heard the place is like a prisoner of war camp and sucks so bad it doesnt matter how much it pays its not worth it.

Now that he’s already joining one of the Majors why should he move on to another Company he may not be interested in?

Ok FedEx pays great but pay isn’t everything. First of all how many Mechanics do they have and how difficult would it be to get in?

Second where would a new hire need to work? Maybe the dude doesn’t want to work in MEM?

Also does FedEx offer free flying all over the World? Might be something the guy is interested in?

AA has a lot of older Mechanics who are chomping at the bit to grab that 100K + buyout they know is coming.

pick-me-ly23w4.jpg

Ok FedEx pays great but pay isn’t everything.

Weezie, is that you?

Did Tim land a right hook?

“Won’t necessarily”

Don’t know if you don’t try?

Should a Coach or a General give a Wishy Washy speech?

It’s called trying to motivate people to take action. Particularly for themselves.

If people don’t do shite, they don’t really deserve any more than shite.

Still one of the best films ever made.

WeAAz, as you know I am in NY. Believe me when I tell you, nobody I work with is impressed nor motivated by his speeches or his stance. Guess we are just too old and tired to listen to a lot of rhetoric.
As far as the younger ones go, they could care less from what i see.

WeAAz, as you know I am in NY. Believe me when I tell you, nobody I work with is impressed nor motivated by his speeches or his stance. Guess we are just too old and tired to listen to a lot of rhetoric.
As far as the younger ones go, they could care less from what i see.

That’s fine. But then in the end you all get what you deserve. You have to realize that’s how it works.

And don’t get me wrong. After my Heart Attack 2 years ago my enthusiasm in some areas has slowed down dramatically as well.

Just not ready to put my first foot in the Grave just yet though.

And I’m sure living in NYC with how much everything costs will drain you in many ways. I always miss my home but in hindsight I know I made the right move getting out when I did and never going back.

Reactions: B737 driver
No. You can’t have it. We like you and want to keep you here till you break the Al Blackburn record.

Yeah, I'll be 102 after putting in 77 years.

But I'm pretty sure they'll give me a spot right out in front of the Hangar!

mobility-scooter-parking-only-reserved-parking-sign-k2-0684.png

Now that he’s already joining one of the Majors why should he move on to another Company he may not be interested in?

Ok FedEx pays great but pay isn’t everything. First of all how many Mechanics do they have and how difficult would it be to get in?

Second where would a new hire need to work? Maybe the dude doesn’t want to work in MEM?

Also does FedEx offer free flying all over the World? Might be something the guy is interested in?
I will tell you something about Delta, UPS, and Fed Ex they pay well, and they run that place like the military, they expect you to work hard. If you don't pull you weight you are gone, even when you pass probation. SWA same way, but not as bad, I don't know about American or United.

Build your resume' up, and leave AA as soon as you get an offer from any other decent paying AMT employer. The company leadership sucks, and if that isn't bad enough, the so called union that represents us - doesn't really! They are; however, very adept at collecting dues. Don't get bogged down with seniority at AA like the rest of us. Especially if you hired on under the TWU contract! Seriously, this contract is years away at best.

Get some experience and go to Fedex whos top out is over $57 hr now and will probably go up to match UPS new $66 hr top out.

Dont go work for UPS, we have heard the place is like a prisoner of war camp and sucks so bad it doesnt matter how much it pays its not worth it.

Just FYI. We are being told SW will be hiring mechanics IF and WHEN we get a new contract. Keep your eyes open and act quick. get in the system now. If your not in the system prior to them pulling the trigger to start hiring, it will be too late. Rumors are flying around that we may get our second offer to vote on soon, so if it were to pass, the hiring will start shortly after that. Nothing is guaranteed, but be proactive and get in the system now so all they have to do is pull your info and give you a call. After 6 months you fall off the list with SWA. Good luck to all that apply...

Reactions: TULMX2008
UA not so much, almost impossible to get tossed.

I will tell you something about Delta, UPS, and Fed Ex they pay well, and they run that place like the military, they expect you to work hard. If you don't pull you weight you are gone, even when you pass probation. SWA same way, but not as bad, I don't know about American or United.

UA not so much, almost impossible to get tossed.
Probably hard to get qualified guys even if they suck. It's not like they are beating down the doors of the A&P schools to work midnights, weekends and holidays, and cold and nasty work conditions like Chicago or Minnesota! :)

Any insight on what the future hold's for DWH headcount in relation with the company wanting to cut in overhaul headcount ??