Filling AMT position.

Discussion in 'American Airlines' started by TULMX2008, Feb 4, 2019.

1. WeAAsles

WeAAsles Veteran

Now that he’s already joining one of the Majors why should he move on to another Company he may not be interested in?

Ok FedEx pays great but pay isn’t everything. First of all how many Mechanics do they have and how difficult would it be to get in?

Second where would a new hire need to work? Maybe the dude doesn’t want to work in MEM?

Also does FedEx offer free flying all over the World? Might be something the guy is interested in?

2. Rogallo

Rogallo Veteran

pick-me-ly23w4.jpg

Weezie, is that you?

Did Tim land a right hook?

• Funny Funny x 2
  3. WeAAsles

WeAAsles Veteran

No. You can’t have it. We like you and want to keep you here till you break the Al Blackburn record.

But all kidding aside I hope those buyouts do come soon. You guys earned it and more.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  4. MetalMover

MetalMover Veteran

WeAAz, as you know I am in NY. Believe me when I tell you, nobody I work with is impressed nor motivated by his speeches or his stance. Guess we are just too old and tired to listen to a lot of rhetoric.
    As far as the younger ones go, they could care less from what i see.

• Winner Winner x 3
  5. WeAAsles

WeAAsles Veteran

That’s fine. But then in the end you all get what you deserve. You have to realize that’s how it works.

And don’t get me wrong. After my Heart Attack 2 years ago my enthusiasm in some areas has slowed down dramatically as well.

Just not ready to put my first foot in the Grave just yet though.

And I’m sure living in NYC with how much everything costs will drain you in many ways. I always miss my home but in hindsight I know I made the right move getting out when I did and never going back.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Rogallo

Rogallo Veteran

Yeah, I'll be 102 after putting in 77 years.

But I'm pretty sure they'll give me a spot right out in front of the Hangar!

mobility-scooter-parking-only-reserved-parking-sign-k2-0684.png

• Funny Funny x 2
  7. B737 driver

B737 driver Veteran

I will tell you something about Delta, UPS, and Fed Ex they pay well, and they run that place like the military, they expect you to work hard. If you don't pull you weight you are gone, even when you pass probation. SWA same way, but not as bad, I don't know about American or United.

8. WeAAsles

WeAAsles Veteran

Don’t worry. That guy Tim Nelson in Fleet will still be around to keep you company.

No parking spot for him though.

9. swamt

swamt Veteran

Just FYI. We are being told SW will be hiring mechanics IF and WHEN we get a new contract. Keep your eyes open and act quick. get in the system now. If your not in the system prior to them pulling the trigger to start hiring, it will be too late. Rumors are flying around that we may get our second offer to vote on soon, so if it were to pass, the hiring will start shortly after that. Nothing is guaranteed, but be proactive and get in the system now so all they have to do is pull your info and give you a call. After 6 months you fall off the list with SWA. Good luck to all that apply...

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. chilokie1

chilokie1 Senior

You like BBQ sanditches ? ........Sorry I had to ask, just ask your new co-workers what that was about. Welcome!

11. D7571987

D7571987 Advanced

UA not so much, almost impossible to get tossed.

• Winner Winner x 1
  12. B737 driver

B737 driver Veteran

Probably hard to get qualified guys even if they suck. It's not like they are beating down the doors of the A&P schools to work midnights, weekends and holidays, and cold and nasty work conditions like Chicago or Minnesota! :)

13. AA767JET

AA767JET Advanced

Any insight on what the future hold's for DWH headcount in relation with the company wanting to cut in overhaul headcount ??