First 757 to outsourced MRO

boeing767mech

Aug 4, 2008
Oct 26th 5CK flew out to REAMCO oh wait I mean TIMCO. Lets see if it makes its December 6th ETR!!!!!!! So lets keep a eye out to see what kind of shape these airplanes are when they come back to home soil.

Oct 26th 5CK flew out to REAMCO oh wait I mean TIMCO. Lets see if it makes its December 6th ETR!!!!!!! So lets keep a eye out to see what kind of shape these airplanes are when they come back to home soil.

It won't matter at all how they come back.

In my area (tooling), much has been ROd only to come in wrong - we always had the time to fix someone else's screw-ups but never the time to do it right the first time.

The bottom line is the bastards don't care what happens as long as the work is being sent outside to their friends and butt-buddies. The "right" people need their corporate kickbacks to live, don't you see?

Reactions: 1 person

In my area (tooling), much has been ROd only to come in wrong - we always had the time to fix someone else's screw-ups but never the time to do it right the first time.

The bottom line is the bastards don't care what happens as long as the work is being sent outside to their friends and butt-buddies. The "right" people need their corporate kickbacks to live, don't you see?
I wonder what the RO committee has to say about this?

I can assure you, TIMCO will have those planes looking nice...
but what they accomplished "underneath & behind" is another story.

As long as the cards are signed off...you know the deal.

Is AA sending anyone from QA in to oversee the first four?
I am sure "someone" will be sent to check on the work. Someone with a nice new pen. There will be a grand signing ceremony for acceptance.

Seriously, I will see what I can find.

Looks like DL is expanding their aircraft maintenance relationship with Aeromexico. DL just announced a big investment in the MX MRO so they can do 737 and MD80 work. Article said widebody capacity will be added in the second phase. Gotta love that NAFTA! Is this part of that big flushing sound Ross Perot talked about?

Read in Aviation Week

Looks like DL is expanding their aircraft maintenance relationship with Aeromexico. DL just announced a big investment in the MX MRO so they can do 737 and MD80 work. Article said widebody capacity will be added in the second phase. Gotta love that NAFTA! Is this part of that big flushing sound Ross Perot talked about?

Read in Aviation Week

Wasn't it the TWU supported William Jefferson Clinton that signed N.A.F.T.A. into law while President?
Gotta Love those AFL-CIO results!

Frank,

Over two months ago I gave your Day shift Crew Chief prints on some CFM-56 tooling, in addtion I gave him OEM cost, and OEM Lead Times, and asked him to quote your shop doing the work. I have received NOTHING and now the need for the tooling is about to reach a crisis. There was nothing more I could have provided him to get the work in-house.

I have no confidence in your shop leader, or the skill level of over half of your shop due to TWU upgrade programs.

If your fellow Union Worker has no confidence in your area, how can we expect management to have any?

So timco is getting well over a month for a C check? Where is the savings in that?

Wasn't it the TWU supported William Jefferson Clinton that signed N.A.F.T.A. into law while President?
Gotta Love those AFL-CIO results!

Actually, the treaty was signed by Pres. George Bush, the first--a Republican. It was not ratified by the U.S. Senate until after Clinton took office--ratified by a REPUBLICAN controlled U.S. Senate. N.A.F.T.A is a treaty, not a law. Since it is a treaty, there was no need for President Clinton to sign it. It had already been signed by President Bush. It only needed ratification by the U.S. Senate.

Reactions: 2 people
Actually, the treaty was signed by Pres. George Bush, the first--a Republican. It was not ratified by the U.S. Senate until after Clinton took office--ratified by a REPUBLICAN controlled U.S. Senate. N.A.F.T.A is a treaty, not a law. Since it is a treaty, there was no need for President Clinton to sign it. It had already been signed by President Bush. It only needed ratification by the U.S. Senate.

IT was signed into law by Bill Clinton

Clinton signed it into law on December 8, 1993; it went into effect on January 1, 1994.[1][2] Clinton while signing the NAFTA bill stated: "...NAFTA means jobs. American jobs, and good-paying American jobs. If I didn't believe that, I wouldn't support this agreement."[3]

If there was no need to sign it into law, the what was he doing on December 8th, 1993?

Where do you poeple get this crap you believe anyway?

U.S.
1993 U.S.A. NAFTA

December 8th, 1993 : The North American Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA) ( United States, Canada, and Mexico ) is signed into law by US President Bill Clinton. In terms of gross domestic product (GDP) it is the largest trading bloc and trade agreement in the world

while what you say is true dont for a second think Mr. Clinton wasnt for this, here is a snipit of his speech on signing day

Many Americans are still worried that this agreement will
move jobs south of the border because they've seen jobs move south of
the border and because they know that there are still great
differences in the wage rates. There have been 19 serious economic
studies of NAFTA by liberals and conservatives alike; 18 of them have
concluded that there will be no job loss.

Businesses do not choose to locate based solely on wages.
If they did, Haiti and Bangladesh would have the largest number of
manufacturing jobs in the world. Businesses do choose to locate based
on the skills and productivity of the work force, the attitude of the
government, the roads and railroads to deliver products, the
availability of a market close enough to make the transportation costs
meaningful, the communications networks necessary to support the
enterprise. That is our strength, and it will continue to be our
strength. As it becomes Mexico's strength and they generate more
jobs, they will have higher incomes and they will buy more American
products
http://www.historycentral.com/Documents/Clinton/SigningNaFTA.html

President Obama can stop NAFTA by Excutive Order, just like he is enacting laws today by bypassing Congress.