First 757 to outsourced MRO

<_< ------- When AA took over maintenance of TWA LLC aircraft, you could tell they weren't getting the same attention AA aircraft were. The interiors especially were neglected because AA wasn't ordering parts for them because of the differences. After a short period of time, this was obvious because of condition! As for the maintenance program, I agree! I never did like the changes. It went from changing curtain parts on a time in use bases, to change "on condition". I felt it was just another bean-counter way to save money!
IMHO,
Don't beat yourself over it. Every airline has extended their maintenance program.
B) xUT

Reactions: 1 person
Buck Posted Today, 04:30 PM
Veteran pompous ass!!

Group: Registered Member Posts: 3,052 Joined: 20-August 02

Saving Line Maintenance One Aircraft at a Time

What a Pompous Puke!!!!
And the overhaul mechanics wonder why we the suffering line mechs have a problem with subsidising overhaul??
I worked in Tulsa and I know there are many many very skilled mechanics and I am sure Buck is not one of them.
His skills are patting himself on the back without breaking his arm. He must be double jointed. Makes me wonder what other pleasure he gives himself?
When the line sells overhaul out thank little BUCK aroo and others like him that alienate the line!!!
Is a puke or ass? SO explain to me how every line mechanic is suffering. There are a lot of mechanics throughout the system and TUL that have more skill than I and I am very proud of them. One skill I do have is the ability to piss you off and it took you long enough to respond to my signature. Actully it is difficult to pat myself on the back, having both shoulders replaced, so I don't try, that way I don't break my arms. Double jointed, I wish, how can you suffer so much? Here comes my waaaaah! Both shoulders, both hips and a kidney transplant, you suffering I don't think so. My plesure is defending the Line Mechanics position on GEO pay and Line Premiums, until the likes of you attack the OH mechanics. Now I could care less if you sell out OH, then you pick up the pieces from the MRO's just like MIA has been doing.

You get what you pay for. This makes me wonder why some of the rather knowledgeable posters here think it is okay to perform maintenance at MRO's and Foreign Repair facillities who pay less, but possibly have no FAA oversite and are allowed to operate in this country.
Because it's all about the holy dollar and nothing else. There will always be an outfit that will do Aircraft Maintenance for less than the next guy. When planes get renamed "lawndarts" that's when quality matters. The FAA can care less who performs maintenance for the carriers as long as the carriers follow their own program......no matter the cost or country. And, that's it in a nutshell, like it or not!!!!

Because it's all about the holy dollar and nothing else

Uh, isn't that the same focus in your crusade for "restore & more"?....

I can't recall ever hearing that AA's mechanics would be willing to work for 25% less to ensure the safety of their customers.

You always want the same pay as the next guy, right?

Tell me why it's OK for you, but AA shouldn't be trying to attain the same cost structure.

Never saw a customer willing to pay 25% more for a ticket on WN, the safest airline, either. :D
The safest airline? I'll take you at your word. The airline that outsources its heavy airframe overhauls to places like Aeroman in El Salvador? The airline that has this to say about its maintenance program:

The Company performs substantially all line maintenance on its aircraft and provides ground support services at most of the airports it serves. However, the Company has arrangements with certain aircraft maintenance firms for major component inspections and repairs for its airframes and engines, which comprise the majority of the Company’s annual aircraft maintenance costs.

At 12/31/10, WN had just 2,464 maintenance personnel to maintain its 548 737s.

Uh, isn't that the same focus in your crusade for "restore & more"?....

I can't recall ever hearing that AA's mechanics would be willing to work for 25% less to ensure the safety of their customers.

You always want the same pay as the next guy, right?

Tell me why it's OK for you, but AA shouldn't be trying to attain the same cost structure.
Is Horton and the boys willing to work the next nine years for 25% less???? I, along with 10,999 other mechanics did it for 9 years. Or did you forget about the cost savings APA, APFA, TWU and all the employees gave this company in 2003?? The 1.6B in cost savings management blew on non-sense items that led us to this BK. Oh that's right, it's my fault that led to the BK. I forgot.

Listen, why are you and others that don't work for AA or have an interest in AA so worried about what the mechanics earn or ask from AA????? Maybe I should complain about what you make at Metlife. Maybe if you took a pay cut my insurance costs would be less??? How about it E.....why not go to Metlife and ask for a pay cut????? Do you think you would do that E?????? I didn't think so!!!!!

Why don't you and others that don't work for AA worry about yourselves and leave the mechanics alone. We're pissed off enough. We certainly don't need more BS!!!!

What's a little more BS among cyber penpals?
E and others can talk trash.......because that's exactly what it is. People that THINK they know something about aircraft maintenance......tend to be clueless about aircraft maintenance. And, it really shows on this forum.

Cyber penpals.......I think NOT!!!!!

Is Horton and the boys willing to work the next nine years for 25% less???? I, along with 10,999 other mechanics did it for 9 years. Or did you forget about the cost savings APA, APFA, TWU and all the employees gave this company in 2003?? The 1.6B in cost savings management blew on non-sense items that led us to this BK. Oh that's right, it's my fault that led to the BK. I forgot.

Listen, why are you and others that don't work for AA or have an interest in AA so worried about what the mechanics earn or ask from AA????? Maybe I should complain about what you make at Metlife. Maybe if you took a pay cut my insurance costs would be less??? How about it E.....why not go to Metlife and ask for a pay cut????? Do you think you would do that E?????? I didn't think so!!!!!

Why don't you and others that don't work for AA worry about yourselves and leave the mechanics alone. We're pissed off enough. We certainly don't need more BS!!!!
Well said. As far as giving 25% MORE to ensure safety, how about the FAA doing their f&^%ing job and visiting these places and inspecting and fineing them? I guess nobody that works for the FAA has a passport. But that is what big business is all about today. Our management cannot manage so they hire consultants to tell them how. It has not worked yet, but they continue. How about getting rid of all of management and hiring people who want to and are willing to try to run and airline? That, seems to me, would save lots of money.

how about the FAA doing their f&^%ing job and visiting these places and inspecting and fineing them? I guess nobody that works for the FAA has a passport.
There has been a shortage of FAA Inspectors for some time now. Are you willing to pay more taxes to hire more inspectors? You know cutting government programs has consequences.

I hear this all the time. Why aren't they doing their job? Oh, and by the way, do away with more government programs and lower my taxes.

Maybe we should just get rid of the FAA. Let's have a free for all in the air and on the ground. Or better yet, let's turn it over to the lowest bidder?

Which is it?

Well said. As far as giving 25% MORE to ensure safety, how about the FAA doing their f&^%ing job and visiting these places and inspecting and fineing them? I guess nobody that works for the FAA has a passport. But that is what big business is all about today. Our management cannot manage so they hire consultants to tell them how. It has not worked yet, but they continue. How about getting rid of all of management and hiring people who want to and are willing to try to run and airline? That, seems to me, would save lots of money.
Well, you and I have both seen what Boston CG has done for AA. If I'm not mistaken Boston CG gave financial advice to MF Global.....you see where they ended up. What a waste!!!!

Latest posts