First 757 to outsourced MRO

No ####.
Name something relevant to outsourcing of industry work, that the AFL-CIO has prevailed on.

A laundry list of those opposed has gotten us nowhere.

What did your "young IAM Member Fighting" consist of exactly? A yard sign or a petition?
Everything I have seen defined as "fighting" by the AFL-CIO or the TWU is laughable to be called "fighting".
Ask someone coming back from IRAQ or Afganistan how they define "Fight", then comapre that to TWU/IAM/AFL-CIO "fight".

It is those without spines to begin with that are playing by the rules and laws getting nowhere, while calling others spineless.
And so we are instructed to vote NO, and prepare for a "fight"....Laughable at best

The Loudest and most Favored "Fighter" in our current negotiations, obviously defines "fight" as simply being against everything offered and posting it on this bulletin board or making a YouTube Video about it.
If being against any more concessions means being against everything,thats where the majoritys at !!!

Can't fix or argue with STUPID, and compound weakness with that and you can bet there is NOT going to be a real "fight".

Free trades been GREAT ................FOR CHINA !!!
I know this is a little off the thread topic, but his will affect the way all companies in the US do business, including airlines and MRO's.

The tide will turn. When China's middle class develops, the trade imbalance will shift in our direction.

There are several issues that must be corrected to help turn around the U.S. economy and create fair trade.
First and foremost, the currency manipulation and exchange rate issues must be addressed between the U.S. and China. Chinese currency is pegged to the dollar, and China holds trillions of dollars in U.S. debt to ensure its currency stays at a low rate. This gives China an export subsidy to the U.S. that creates unfair competition.
Also, China's disregard for intellectual property must be stopped. China frequently requires foreign companies to share technology with the Chinese government, who then passes it on to Chinese companies to put the foreign company out of business. Companies such as Boeing have been foolish enough to do this, and have paid the price for seeking cheaper labor in China.

Link

Maybe it would have been better to complete the agenda of getting "ALL AMT's INTO ONE UNION" before engaging in such a "fight".
could of completed your agenda with AMFA, if it wasn't for the morons in Tulsa! same goes for AMP! maybe it's time to send the good ole boy network down there to AA medical for a psyche exam....if you just sign an AMP card it will at least send the TWU a message to get off their arses and do something constructive, and if they don't....boot'em out! WE all deserve what we're getting....we just will never learn!

Reactions: 1 person
could of completed your agenda with AMFA, if it wasn't for the morons in Tulsa! same goes for AMP! maybe it's time to send the good ole boy network down there to AA medical for a psyche exam....if you just sign an AMP card it will at least send the TWU a message to get off their arses and do something constructive, and if they don't....boot'em out! WE all deserve what we're getting....we just will never learn!

IT'S ALL TULSA'S FAULT!!!!!

The over powering strong and fearless LINE AMT can do nothing to change the direction of the profession as long as Tulsa Exist.
Tulsa holds all the power, all the cards, everything hinges on Tulsa.
There is NOTHING the line can do without Tulsa.
TULSA holds you back.
TULSA weakens you.
TULSA controls your actions.
TULSA is a bunch of morons.
Without TULSA the LINE AMT would have the balls to do something.
ONLY THE LINE AMT has Intelligence, ZERO's are in TULSA.

Does that about sum it all up?

Since you are not in TUL and have no idea of the real conditions here, maybe a little research would allow you to seek a few alliances in TUL instead of foes. Your inability to create change wherever you are stationed, does not give you an excuse to remain in your predicament.

Active TWU member in good standing at Class 1 station. Interest in restoring wages and benefits lost since 2003. Plus, gaining additional wages and benefits since the amendable date in 2008, including retro pay! No more CONCESSIONS!!!!

Why don't you do something about this?

Since you are not in TUL and have no idea of the real conditions here, maybe a little research would allow you to seek a few alliances in TUL instead of foes. Your inability to create change wherever you are stationed, does not give you an excuse to remain in your predicament.

Why don't you do something about this?
did....signed an AMFA and AMP card, and voted NO to concessionary POS deal, and will have a new president at local 563. What have you done???

I know your conditions.....

elected a fleet service president

failed to sign enough AMP cards to send a threat to the TWU

AA is farming out more AO work and some of that work is ending up in ORD.

.....did I miss anything???

did....signed an AMFA and AMP card, and voted NO to concessionary POS deal, and will have a new president at local 563. What have you done???

I know your conditions.....

elected a fleet service president

failed to sign enough AMP cards to send a threat to the TWU

AA is farming out more AO work and some of that work is ending up in ORD.
.....did I miss anything???
Yes you did miss something. You forgot to mention that you hqave been on Agency Fee for at least part of your tenure.
ME, I stood the lines and collected cards with the other AMFA organizers in some of the toughest docks and especially shops that you cannot not imagine. I was nearly ran over by Denis Burchette while picketing the TWU. Having your co-workers hate your very existance. Being threatened by co-workers concerning their "I got mine"retirements. I am sure that you had no trouble getting your station to sign. How many AMFA drives have you been through?

None of this is preventing the outsourcing of the 757's or any other parts. Is there any outsourcing at your station?

Your complaining about the work being outsourced into your station?

Do you honestly believe that the anti-TWU, AMFA/AMP supporters voted for a Fleet Service president?

Maybe I am giving the line mechanics to much credit and concern. I think maybe it is time for me to adjust my position on GEO Pay and Line Premium to no.

And no you do not know our conditions......

You must have me mistaken for someone who supports the scab afl-cio organization.

I was an IAM member by default. I fought for what I thought was right by lobbying my own congress people by visiting their office and writing and calling them. No yard signs here.

As for your war reference, I have no idea how you are drawing comparison there... :blink:

You should redirect your anger at a better target. I left the industry by walking away (strike) because I had had enough of the concession train. Somebody had to stop it and us NWA guys had the balls to act.

Funny, I don't remember any of you AA guys walking the picket line with us. Maybe you had a yard sign? or better yet, a t-shirt?

I could name at least several dozen that were walking in support.

The over powering strong and fearless LINE AMT can do nothing to change the direction of the profession as long as Tulsa Exist.
Tulsa holds all the power, all the cards, everything hinges on Tulsa.
There is NOTHING the line can do without Tulsa.
TULSA holds you back.
TULSA weakens you.
TULSA controls your actions.
TULSA is a bunch of morons.
Without TULSA the LINE AMT would have the balls to do something.
ONLY THE LINE AMT has Intelligence, ZERO's are in TULSA.

Yes you did miss something. You forgot to mention that you hqave been on Agency Fee for at least part of your tenure.
ME, I stood the lines and collected cards with the other AMFA organizers in some of the toughest docks and especially shops that you cannot not imagine. I was nearly ran over by Denis Burchette while picketing the TWU. Having your co-workers hate your very existance. Being threatened by co-workers concerning their "I got mine"retirements. I am sure that you had no trouble getting your station to sign. How many AMFA drives have you been through?

None of this is preventing the outsourcing of the 757's or any other parts. Is there any outsourcing at your station?

Your complaining about the work being outsourced into your station?

Do you honestly believe that the anti-TWU, AMFA/AMP supporters voted for a Fleet Service president?

Maybe I am giving the line mechanics to much credit and concern. I think maybe it is time for me to adjust my position on GEO Pay and Line Premium to no.

And no you do not know our conditions......
I've gone through check-off after 2003 for some period along with several others. Did it work, no.

Things will not change until the TWU is booted out....I believe we're on the same page about that.

I can only assume that Tulsa will eventually sign more cards when.....

Management farms entire lines because they like TIMCO's work. The mechanics there gave AA an excuse to look for alternatives......or maybe it's part of AA's gameplan to slowly outsource AO or gain much more concessions....either way AA will win because the TWU INTL is in their corner. I can't explain why your co-workers don't see how corrupt the INTL is......like you and I do, but one day they will and it will be too late.....for all of us.

The real deal will happen in late November when the TWU fails to secure a T/A, and it's time to send the formal letter to the NMB.....I can't wait to see the cherades! or the back peddling?

The real deal will happen in late November when the TWU fails to secure a T/A, and it's time to send the formal letter to the NMB.....I can't wait to see the cherades! or the back peddling?

Simple, the letter will be sent and James C Little will be on the phone as the OFFICIAL TWU REPRESENTATVIE requesting a denial or at least a postponement of decision.
This is a no brainer and easy for Little.

Right now, Bob Owens has been successful in blaming the non-request.
Next up is TWU deflecting blame to the NMB.

Of course to most on this board, it will be TULSA's FAULT

Reactions: 3 people

TULSA holds you back.

Absolutely!!!! You can't dispute the fact that it is Tulsa's failure to sign cards to decertify the TWU or at least send a message....can you??? So, in theory...Tulsa is holding back the people that want real CHANGE!!

Absolutely!!!! You can't dispute the fact that it is Tulsa's failure to sign cards to decertify the TWU or at least send a message....can you??? So, in theory...Tulsa is holding back the people that want real CHANGE!!
It would appear that the line has the card count all wrapped up.........................This Time.

I guess hope and change will come real soon.

It would appear that the line has the card count all wrapped up.........................This Time.

I guess hope and change will come real soon.
Even some hard core TWU lovers signed cards at ORD. No worries here, Buck! You, on the other hand have until January for hope and change.....especially if the TWU decides to bring back some POS T/A on November 17th. We're waiting on you, Buck, TWU Informer????