First 757 to outsourced MRO

Absolutely!!!! You can't dispute the fact that it is Tulsa's failure to sign cards to decertify the TWU or at least send a message....can you??? So, in theory...Tulsa is holding back the people that want real CHANGE!!

I don't subscribe to the idea that signing cards is the only option available to send a message or to succeed.
Maybe that narrow minded approach is the real problem.

Reactions: 2 people
I could name at least several dozen that were walking in support.

Not only did I walk the picket line with AMFA strikers I donated funds to the effort.And to this date when I ever meet a ex-NWA mech who defended the profession.....His beers are on me

Reactions: 1 person
Even some hard core TWU lovers signed cards at ORD. No worries here, Buck! You, on the other hand have until January for hope and change.....especially if the TWU decides to bring back some POS T/A on November 17th. We're waiting on you, Buck, TWU Informer????
Your not waiting on me, I have been waiting on your TWU loves for years. Actually I only have until Novemeber of next your for Hope and Change to appear, because then I am going to vote to do something about it. Your President even with the TWU has not been able to anything to correct the downfall of labor in this country. Maybe we should outsoucre the Presidency, yes the Local 514 also. Neither one has helped.

Why don't you start an "Occupy ORD" movement?

I don't subscribe to the idea that signing cards is the only option available to send a message or to succeed.
really.....so, enlighten me on what's going to change the TWU INTL or local negotiators from bringing back a POS deal or to change how the leadership will inform you and me going forward.....or hold themselves accountable to US.....or even include the membership in their secret society???

The only way is to eliminate the cancer, and if that's being narrow minded, so be it!! But, then don't complain about Bob Owens....unless that is...that you too are an insider within the TWU leadership playing off like your some rebel rouser AMFA supporter. I will expose you too TWU INFORMANT!!

Your not waiting on me, I have been waiting on your TWU loves for years. Actually I only have until Novemeber of next your for Hope and Change to appear, because then I am going to vote to do something about it. Your President even with the TWU has not been able to anything to correct the downfall of labor in this country. Maybe we should outsoucre the Presidency, yes the Local 514 also. Neither one has helped.

Why don't you start an "Occupy ORD" movement?
I got a better idea Buck.....find out where AA and TWU are meeting in November and I will meet you there to crash their party. I'll bring some friends too. How about it....I'll even buy you a beer!

I got a better idea Buck.....find out where AA and TWU are meeting in November and I will meet you there to crash their party. I'll bring some friends too. How about it....I'll even buy you a beer!
Somewhere along the RED RIO!

And I do not drink any longer, thanks.

Agreed - sometimes, other "options" are more succinctly understood by the aggressors. Unfortunately, employing those "options" requires a couple of items most haven't got anymore.

But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government (substitute "representation"), and to provide new Guards for their future security.
Thomas Jefferson, writing the Declaration of Independence​

Just another day at the pulley works ...

Reactions: 1 person
You must have me mistaken for someone who supports the scab afl-cio organization.

I was an IAM member by default. I fought for what I thought was right by lobbying my own congress people by visiting their office and writing and calling them. No yard signs here.

As for your war reference, I have no idea how you are drawing comparison there... :blink:

You should redirect your anger at a better target. I left the industry by walking away (strike) because I had had enough of the concession train. Somebody had to stop it and us NWA guys had the balls to act.

Funny, I don't remember any of you AA guys walking the picket line with us. Maybe you had a yard sign? or better yet, a t-shirt?
Several of us walked at LGA, not everyday but some guys did show up from other carriers.

Several of us walked at LGA, not everyday but some guys did show up from other carriers.
Again, I thank all that supported us.

Too bad that was all we got. Things would have changed if we did not have the F/A, ramp, pilots, and others stroll by the picket line (on the way to their flights) telling us how much they supported our cause. :eek:

Not only did I walk the picket line with AMFA strikers I donated funds to the effort.And to this date when I ever meet a ex-NWA mech who defended the profession.....His beers are on me

Same here...worked with several exNWA mechs at Boeing. Good guys & they appreciated the support.

Today is D-day for 5CK, the first Timco 757. Anybody on the line receive it yet?

Just think,..In a few months TULE might be turned into an MRO to compete with TIMCO...And other airlines will be flying their aircraft their for heavy checks and AA can make a profit....

This was discussed not too long ago -- the normal timeframe is 22-28 days for the TWU according to people here as well as one of the consultants I know who worked in TUL.

The 06Dec ETR works out to about 27 weekdays:

• Assuming they started work on 27Oct, that's 3 days in October
  • There are only 21 workdays in November when you factor out Thanksgiving
  • Assuming it is handed over to AA on the 5th, that's 3 days in December

... as do the unionized railroad employees moving it...

I live near one of the mainlines between California and Illinois: 44 trains a day, of which 30+ are container trains and another six or seven are auto-racks coming in a direction from which there are no factories... in the US, that is.

Now E, don't forget that those UP or BNSF trains go in both directions, and those containers that are most likely headed for the port of Long Beach CA. are also being EXPORTED !

Latest posts