First pic of Delta 777LR...

I've been working on that beauty for the last week (I work with interior flight line travelers in Everett) I have seen 10 or so 777 come and go for some heavy hitters (Emirates, Cathay) but the inside of the new Delta plane is the sweetest....

Thanks Slothman2000 for the insight.
I look forward to working this new bird.

Delta's new Boeing 777 can fly farther, carry more
Airline to take delivery of first new jetliner in six years

By RUSSELL GRANTHAM
The Atlanta Journal-Constitution

Published on: 02/29/08

Seattle — Delta Air Lines will get a whiff of that new-airplane smell for the first time in six years when it picks up a new Boeing 777-200LR Worldliner here Friday.

The Atlanta carrier plans to take delivery of eight of the 276-passenger jets over the next 13 months, doubling its current fleet of its flagship aircraft, which it primarily uses on international routes such as Atlanta to Dubai, United Arab Emirates.

Delta will put the new "triple seven" — as airline folks call the jet — into service March 8 with a flight from Atlanta to Los Angeles. The first international flight will be the next day, from Atlanta to Tokyo.

Delta, which hasn't disclosed the cost of the jets, takes delivery of two more this year. Boeing's list price for the jets is about $240 million, but airlines typically negotiate a substantial discount.

The jets were part of a large order Delta placed in 1997. But the carrier threw its order book into the deep freeze for years after the terrorist attacks of Sept. 11, 2001, sent the airline industry into a tailspin. To save cash as its financial condition worsened, Delta postponed deliveries or immediately sold new aircraft as they were delivered.

That hiatus ended when Delta made a wholesale expansion of its overseas network a key part of its plan to emerge from bankruptcy last year. Until now, the airline bought used jets or relied on switching jets from domestic routes to fuel its international expansion.

But with the resumption of new aircraft deliveries this week, Delta says it is targeting lucrative globe-trotting business travelers.

The new 777s can fly about 2,000 miles farther than Delta's older Boeing 777s, and they carry more than 100,000 pounds of additional cargo and passengers.

Delta executive Jake Frank said the jets will also have upgraded seats and other features aimed at luring the most demanding and profitable travelers.

Story

5343.jpg

Back