Fleet Service apathy

Mike,

That's complete BS... we have many PT agents in PHX who refuse to become abused as leads, so they are picking-up hours all over the place in order to pay the bills at home. In fact, the weird thing is that some of these "new" PT people transferred in from East cities with FT positions, after being furloughed from a few years ago from West stations. As I am told, they accepted a PT position in PHX because of the attitudes they experienced working with East FSAs and Managers who treated them poorly because they were West. Now how do you think you would feel if after 10 years with the company, you were told you that you were worth half the pay as a co-worker with the same DOH, even though you worked just as many hours but lack the official label of "full-time" status?

You are complaining about the company not having enough full-time positions, but you ignore the operational schedule which dictates the number of part-time and full-time positions to be offered. So you want the company to change its entire flight bank system for a rolling bank with equal number of flights spaced evenly throughout the day at all stations, much the way SWA operations? Good luck with that one! You might be better off asking Car-54 why he screwed the part-timers at HAL, and don't let him get away with the "That's-What-The-Membership-Voted" bromide while ignoring his complicity in offering the TA in the first place!

So Corrects Jester.

Jester,

This is way too easy. TN comes out and says HA p/t gets half pay and how RD sucks. You have now commented on the issue no less than half a dozen times with no new information. You just spew the same crap without any background research. I would have loved to have been your boss back when you were management because you are a follower not a leader. I can see it now, hey saywhat can I have a raise this year because I am your top producer and haven't had a raise in 10 years. My response would have been, " Have another drink of my kool-aid and I'm sorry but we only made a billion dollars this year and we need to take care of the shareholders."

Reactions: 2 people
The upstairs gave up reservation jobs and baggage service, and only a small portion of reservations ever came back in house. Pit was closed.

And they have no pension what so ever.

Guess you dont remember mainline express?

And they never got a transition agreement after the merger, they have two unions representing them. The company threatened with a vote and the IBT and CWA got scared. They are still working under the 2005 Chapter 11 CBA.

So stop with the deflection and post the real facts.
All reservation jobs and baggage call centers are in house there no outsourcing allow. Mainline express is same a mainline with very few exceptions
CWA agents have a non-elective pension contribution of 3% to the employee’s pay (base pay, shift premium, and overtime, to a 401(k) account for each employee
CWA has TRANSITION AGREEMENT with pre bankruptcy snap backs and your on members say IAM fleet contract is a TRANSITION AGREEMENT and not a new contract.

Answer this how many jobs were lost to outsourcing and how many returned?

I know more were lost then returned, a whole res center was closed, and they didnt open a new now did they?

Your IBT members were placed under the CWA CBA, you didnt negotiate werent the west agents restricted on their pay increases to bring them up to east levels?

The IBT CWA caved as they were afraid of a union vote.

Its ok, to tell us the truth.

What are the differences between mainline and mainline express?

A 401k is a not a DCP or a DBP, if an agent doesnt have a 401k, where does the money go?

I found this:

US Airways passenger service pay step freeze will be lifted, Holiday Option II will be resumed, and Mainline Express agents will be increased to the Mainline rate of pay...
12-6-2005
The new Passenger Service Employee Association IBT + CWA has reached an Interim Transition Agreement with US Airways management on all the outstanding seamless service and transition issues, and we will accordingly withdraw our change of control grievance. After two months of negotiations by the committee (CWA Local Officers, attorneys and staff and IBT attorneys and staff) the agreement calls for the following:
1. End the pay step freeze for US Airways agents effective this coming April 1, 2006 – snap up to $18 per hour top rate from the current $17;
2. Reinstate the Vacation Option II (bid holidays as vacation) for US Airways effective the next vacation bid (Fall 2006);
3. Raise US Airways Mainline Express Agents to the Mainline pay scale in the following steps:
$.40 raise on 4/1/06;
four months later MLE Agents will be increased 25% of the difference between their current rate and the Mainline rate;
six months later MLE Agents will be increased to 50% of the difference between their then current rate and the Mainline rate;
five months later MLE Agents will be increased to 75% of the difference between their current rate and the Mainline rate;
five months later MLE Agents will be increased to 100% of the Mainline rate.
4. Raise America West Agents to the CWA US Airways Mainline pay scale in the same increments listed in #3 above.
5. Transition America West agents to all the other provisions of the CWA US Airways passenger service contract by 6/1/06, or send all unresolved issues to arbitration.
6. US Airways recognizes the CWA/IBT Association as the legal representative of the agents and the existing CWA US Airways Passenger Service contract remains in full effect.
7. “Seamless Service” provisions for cross-utilizing US Airways and America West agents at overlap stations are established.

Agreement

Reactions: 1 person
Thats not what I asked, now was it?

And now your speaking for 6,000 Fleet Agents and your not even one of them?

You can do better, lol!

Are you going to answer or not?

How many jobs were lost when they closed PIT, and outsourced Res and Baggage jobs and how many positions were returned?

The IAM at NW fared better in Chapter 11 than their non-union counterparts at DL thats a fact.

There were no IAM on the property at DL.

Airtran was an IAM victory.

And WN's CSA and Res are represented by the IAM and are the HIGHEST paid in the industry.

You make this too easy.

Once again, you take everything I say and 'quote mine' it. Yes, I will want the eboard to 'vote' my way on my proposal that the S/T needs to move to his office instead of blowing thousands of dollars with a running meter every time he goes to his office. Key word 'vote'. I thought that is what an Eboard does, ie. vote? What's your fuss with this? And yes, why wouldn't I want them to vote my way on that?? Cripes, I would think that the membership would be 100% in agreement with it! And I would have no problem 'forcing' a vote on it. Again, what's the fuss? Would you rather me just chat about it and not take any action on cleaning that and many other overspending things to the Eboard?

Yes, I quote mine. The rest of your post had no relevance to the point I was making. Just to satisfy you however...

I believe in slate voting and having a group of members with equally yoked beliefs. Our give backs will be posted on the webpage the first of each month when the check arrives. If an AGC who wasn't on the occupy ticket gets in, then he/she will be asked to join in solidarity to sacrifice also. His/her givings will be posted on the web, even if it is 0. If the current S/T gets in, I will have the eboard vote to force him to ORD to have him quit running his meter and blowing money just to do his job. I will be shutting down the other offices since it makes no sense to spend thousands and thousands of dollars on two buildings when the one in ORD has plenty of space. I will also be laying off the two $50,000 bookkepers who are presently doing the S/T job. There is a total of $2 million that we easily targeted. Getting rid of all the dead weight people who are 'off the job' because of favors will also be eliminated. The wasteful spending is actually incredible.

There's the entire paragraph. You said "I will have the eboard vote to force him to ORD to have him quit running his meter and blowing money just to do his job." Not ask, not request, not suggest. Force. You even used that exact word. You said it and quote mining doesn't take it out of context in this case. You said you will FORCE the EBoard to commit an action. Now, instead of dodging the question again, how will you force them to this action. I see in your criticism of my post mining that you only "want the eboard to vote my way". Find, I can understand that, but that's not what you said. So now, since you chose to provide two different version of a situation which is it?

You are the one seeking to be elected. You are the one that needs to answer the questions. You are the one that is subjecting yourself to the criticism. You are the one that will face even more criticism if elected. You are the one that's making statements for us to "make a fuss" over. If you don't like any of this, don't run. You have a good grasp of the English language, but you need to use it. There's a monumental difference between forcing and wanting a body to vote a certain way. You said it, so you need to make the distinction. If you make the wrong one that's your fault, not mine or anyone else. You want our vote. Sell us on it. Just remember that everything you say is being looked at and will take you to victory, defeat, or shame. Which of the three is up to you.

Negative campaigning is a distraction from the issue at hand in this election. Accusations and assults on a candidate's character forces candidates and supporters to go on the defensive. In the end none of the candidates are appealing to the membership. Maybe this is a contributing factor to the Fleet Service Apathy. There are many candidates, from all the slates involved, who want to represent the membership, in what they believe is the best way forward. The issue at hand is appealing to the membership they are the best candidates for the job. This should be able to be achieved without assulting another's character. Happy Easter to all and your families.
ograc

I don't think any of the US AIRWAYS workers are much satisfied at being the only group out of profit sharing and having 40% of their pension ripped off

Hold up. I've always been under the impression, and I don't remember who or how many told me this, that the profit sharing was given up because it was that or the pension, not both, in the TA talks. Given the two I'd take the pension without a seconds thought, especially since profits are erratic and subject to accounting gamesmanship. Second, What did the union have to do with the pension being changed? You keep saying this, band everyone else keeps telling you that this is a line of crap. The IAM had nothing to do with it. It was the IAMNPF that did, our pension remains unchanged, and only future contributions are affected starting in 2014 or at the beginning of a new contract. In addition, it may be moot because the contribution can be, and may be, renegotiated in contract talks.

830 reservation and baggage call center jobs eliminated.

Only 400 jobs returned.

Net loss of 430 jobs.

So dont tell me they brought back all the jobs, as they didnt.

Those are facts.

Hold up. I've always been under the impression, and I don't remember who or how many told me this, that the profit sharing was given up because it was that or the pension, not both, in the TA talks. Given the two I'd take the pension without a seconds thought, especially since profits are erratic and subject to accounting gamesmanship. Second, What did the union have to do with the pension being changed? You keep saying this, band everyone else keeps telling you that this is a line of crap. The IAM had nothing to do with it. It was the IAMNPF that did, our pension remains unchanged, and only future contributions are affected starting in 2014 or at the beginning of a new contract. In addition, it may be moot because the contribution can be, and may be, renegotiated in contract talks.

I dont believe that is true although Canale was challenged(idiot) when it came to negotiations. US fleet got the Pension in 2002. If the Canale and the transition team allowed it to be on the table, they should have been thrashed. Prez could speak to this better. I believe he was there. Or maybe he was just on the seniority team. I'm not sure.

Airtran was an IAM victory.

And WN's CSA and Res are represented by the IAM and are the HIGHEST paid in the industry.

You make this too easy.
TWU WN ramp and IAM FL ramp
SENIORITY INTEGRATION:
The execution of the Air Tran purchase is planned for March 1, 2011. If we are unable to come
to an agreement regarding seniority integration within 6 months of that date, Article 3.B.3 of our
contract and the McCaskill-Bond Seniority Integration Act require that the dispute be handed
over to a neutral arbitrator, who will make a final, binding decision.
http://twu555.org/LinkClick.aspx?fileticket=_QGg8yPcij8%3D&tabid=382

There were no IAM on the property at DL.
lost the vote

Latest posts