Fleet Service apathy

And your point is?

Your showing nothing.

The IAM went out and organized FL and won.

The FL employees did not have the 35% threshold, that is why they are becoming TWU under WN.

Once again, you might take the time and educate yourself, cause your are making yourself look truly ignorant.

830 CWA jobs outsourced, only 400 brought back in 6 years later, job loss 430.

Negative campaigning is a distraction from the issue at hand in this election. Accusations and assults on a candidate's character forces candidates and supporters to go on the defensive. In the end none of the candidates are appealing to the membership. Maybe this is a contributing factor to the Fleet Service Apathy. There are many candidates, from all the slates involved, who want to represent the membership, in what they believe is the best way forward. The issue at hand is appealing to the membership they are the best candidates for the job. This should be able to be achieved without assulting another's character. Happy Easter to all and your families.
ograc

If you throw your hat in the political ring, your character is going to come in question. That's politics if you are running for any office. You need to embrace it or it will eat you up. When a person who is running has their platform in question. People will call BS, especially if he or she makes us think we don't know better. Just an opinion.

And your point is?

Your showing nothing.

The FL employees did not have the 35% threshold, that is why they are becoming TWU under WN.

Once again, you might take the time and educate yourself, cause your are making yourself look truly ignorant.

Frame this right 700UW. Unionism won I think. The IAM lost. I don't believe we will see a dime of dues money from FL ramp. Mr. Nelson should have realized that these members were going to be absorbed by the TWU. He already knew about the announcement of the Airtran purchase by Southwest. With this, a ton of our dues money and district resources were wasted in my opinion. During their transition period, our AGC's have been bombarded with grievance calls from what I've heard. I understand that the TWU wants to strip them of seniority and we have to represent them, but we were served a great big stinky plate of doo doo with zero returns for our efforts. Whoever was in charge of that organizing game of chess lost. Just an opinion.

If you throw your hat in the political ring, your character is going to come in question. That's politics if you are running for any office. You need to embrace it or it will eat you up. When a person who is running has their platform in question. People will call BS, especially if he or she makes us think we don't know better. Just an opinion.

UnitedWe Stand,
I understand all of that. What I don't understand, or refuse to participate in, is the negative and sometimes meritless "bashing" of the candidates involved. Questioning a slate's platform is one thing. Personal, irrelevant attacks on the candidates involved is another. It is not very responsible or helpful, of those leveling such attacks. Although, I appreciate the person's tenacity and passion, it is counter productive in the end, when we must support the membership's election of candidates. We should and must keep it civil for the sake of solidarity amoung the members. Just an opinion.
Would you agree all of the negative campaigning supports Fleet Service Apathy regarding the election?
ograc

UnitedWe Stand,
I understand all of that. What I don't understand, or refuse to participate in, is the negative and sometimes meritless "bashing" of the candidates involved. Questioning a slate's platform is one thing. Personal, irrelevant attacks on the candidates involved is another. It is not very responsible or helpful, of those leveling such attacks. Although, I appreciate the person's tenacity and passion, it is counter productive in the end, when we must support the membership's election of candidates. We should and must keep it civil for the sake of solidarity amoung the members. Just an opinion.
Would you agree all of the negative campaigning supports Fleet Service Apathy regarding the election?
ograc

I posed a question to you that you never answered as to if you would have accepted the position running with your slate if you knew about members of your team participating in anti union activities. I would have to believe that you never used the internet prior to this campaign. The vileness of which you speak is the way the head of your team operates. Have you not read the many websites that Karen and Robyn have set up to participate in only negative campaigning. They will be doing this on your behalf. Don't be an Ostrich. This is not meant as an attack on you. Just an opinion.

And your point is?

Your showing nothing.

Do you have any numbers of the outsourced IAM jobs? I know how many were brought back, ZERO..
The CWA did much better when it came to outsourcing language. They still retain jobs in the outstations where Fleet was lost years ago.
FWIW, they also still do the CSA work on the Republic side of the operation in PIT where Fleet lost out again. To the best of my knowledge the CWA group still does the work in some stations that have NO Mainline flights at all. I don't recall them having that BS 60 Day furlough rule either. The IAM represented (if you can call it that), have lost catering, cargo, express, cleaning, deicing, countless FSA station jobs, and so on.....Need I continue?

I dont believe that is true although Canale was challenged(idiot) when it came to negotiations. US fleet got the Pension in 2002. If the Canale and the transition team allowed it to be on the table, they should have been thrashed. Prez could speak to this better. I believe he was there. Or maybe he was just on the seniority team. I'm not sure.

RR was the PHX guy, I think PR was seniority committee.

s
Jester,

This is way too easy. TN comes out and says HA p/t gets half pay and how RD sucks. You have now commented on the issue no less than half a dozen times with no new information. You just spew the same crap without any background research. I would have loved to have been your boss back when you were management because you are a follower not a leader. I can see it now, hey saywhat can I have a raise this year because I am your top producer and haven't had a raise in 10 years. My response would have been, " Have another drink of my kool-aid and I'm sorry but we only made a billion dollars this year and we need to take care of the shareholders."

Saywhat,

I called "BS" on Tim when he first mentioned the treatment of PT at HAL within the Fleet Service, because I could not believe anyone representing the Membership as a whole would throw a large group under the bus in order to make a TA. Considering Car 54 made it a pledge just a few years to provide equal treatment for all of FSA and eliminate the shady deal making, the accusations levied would suggest the Leadership to be highly unethical and immoral in actions. Frankly, Tim proved me wrong by posting the section of the HAL agreement along with a link to the IAM website, and you can go review it for yourself!

Now what have YOU done to demonstrate your objectivity and leadership, except to make cheap shots claiming I was part of "management"? Are you suggesting I am really part of the US management or are you suggesting that when I was part of management in a different industry that somehow I was unable to stand for my beliefs? For the record, once again.... I have never been in a management position within US or AW, and furthermore, when I was part of a management team it was with completely different companies. In fact, I had a "bad" reputiation of not being another Corporate "Yes Man," as I believed it was a disservice to the organization and the company if they hired me for my expertise and me telling them what they wanted to hear.

So Chastises Jester.

Mr. Nelson
I went back through the 2010 posts. I did not find you posting anything about the inequities of Hawaiian. Their contract was ratified in Jan. of 2010. There was an election in 2010. Why is it an issue for you now that you are running and not then. It doesn't make sense to me when you are the outspoken one no matter who is in charge
It was a huge issue with me. Delaney wanted to support Randy K in 2010, who was Delaney's side kick who helped Delaney do the dirty deed at Hawaii. I voiced my displeasure in supporting Randy K and he ended up being drop kicked off the team. There was a reason why Randy K was not invited back in the 2010 election. And I think he ended up retiring.

The President was primarily responsible for the tragic contract but he wasn't up for election in 2010.

At any rate, I didn't run the entire District. I couldn't put out all the fires. I attended few of the eboard meetings since I wasn't on the eboard and I was out in the field with the authority and responsibility as chief in command of organizing and I was securing representational rights for 3,600 non union workers at Airtran.

Onward www.occupyiam141.com

You do realize that Tim was RD's #1 supporter and was a big reason why the ND was elected right?
Cripes, I actually agree with what you said! Yes, I did support him and spent alot of energy and passion getting Randy Canale out. It was the right decision for sure. I would have supported mickey mouse over Randy Canale and I also supported pretty much any other union over Randy Canale. What Randy Canale did to US AIRWAYS FLeet service was no less than a rape job. And the masses agreed with me and sent Randy packing, as well he should have been packing. It was the right choice to can Canale.

The truth is that the two leaders that this District has had, have been terrible. For US AIRWAYS workers, it meant being 'second best' as representational issues still aren't addressed adequately. And forget about communication altogether. And while I worked at the District I gained valuable knowledge as to why and what is the fundamental problem. The real problem isn't just name change but that this district is set up paternally with little to no relationship with its members. Because there is no relationship, there is no trust and members are dialed out. The occupy platform addresses the problem with an academic solution that centers on the processes of team building, incorporates professionals, and the building of a people by establishing relationship and giving back to the members. And throw in passion, commitment and a dogged determination for justice. The masses have to be empowered otherwise the collective bargaining agent will continue to be as soft as a baby's bottom. The power won't be in me, the head coach, the power will be with the masses. It always is.

Onward www.occupyiam141.com

Interesting reading from the last Nelson Overthrow (New Direction) of the IAM leadership in 2008!
(These are actual posts from this site during that time.)

Item 1) Date June 3, 2008: Quote:

"Roa, I think it is imperative that PHL and CLT get out a strong vote. Dare I say that the company may ask for concessions right around the corner? Although I am not sold that this company is close to liquidation, credit rating companies have reduced the stock to junk and are predicting possible liquidation by January. That being said, I see no reason for fleet service to give back one single dime. If Canale is allowed to stay in office, I find it conceivable that the Canale concession stand will remain open.

BTW, I think our overall goal should be to try to turn out a 70%+ Delaney support vote. Canale is evil and lazy and hasn't campaigned much at all, but he is good at illegal bylaw rulings when it comes to District Officer elections. If the Delaney support is only 60% then I can see Canale challenging several locals and trying for a revote.

Remember, Team 2008 can't hold the New Direction jockstrap.

Vote Delaney
Vote in a New Direction

regards,
Tim Nelson
IAM Local Chairman, 1487, Chicago" (unquote)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Item 2) June 19, 2008: Quote:

"Yes, even though Rich already knocked out canale, he's still going to SAN because every station is important to the New Direction team members. With him, it's about building solidarity and letting you guys know you mean something. He doesn't need your vote at this point. But IMO it would be great if SAN showed him respect and support by showing up and joining the rest of the stations in saluting our new union leadership like TPA and EWR did yesterday.
Delaney is no Canale. Rich has been in many breakrooms and will continue to meet with the members as he is a personal guy, as opposed to Canale who will refuse to visit SAN or much of anywhere else and is ALWAYS arm's length away from the masses.

regards,
Tim Nelson
IAM Local Chairman, 1487, Chicago " (unquote)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Item 3) Date July 15, 2008: Quote:

"District Officer Election update: Official Results

The New Direction team has officially won. Thanks to the masses and may the New Direction team serve the masses well.

regards,
Tim Nelson
IAM Local Chairman, 1487, Chicago" (unquote)

As you can see... Tim... was the architect, and main sponsor of the whole "New Direction/Delaney Movement... less than four years ago... the very same movement he wants to erase from history today!

Reactions: 3 people
He did, and Delaney didn't live up to expectations. He bailed on him afterwards. Did you ever support a politician that didn't keep his promises, and regret it afterwards?