Fleet Service apathy

Guys, we don't need to rehash that one. He's admitted to supporting Delaney.

The point is we are not even 4 years into the N/D platform, and they are just getting to the point of actually being able to improve things for fleet. I find it absolutely appalling to wipe them out at this point and start from scratch! They spent the first year in training and getting the feel for their positions… so it’s actually been a little over 3 years of focused effort by the N/D team. Further, they have not even had time to go through the process of negotiating this contract in section 6.

I’m trying to reference the whole dismissal of TWO Leadership Teams in a chronological context… when you change everything top to bottom every four years… you will never reach a point of stability… it weakens and divides… simple as that!

Reactions: 3 people
He did, and Delaney didn't live up to expectations. He bailed on him afterwards. Did you ever support a politician that didn't keep his promises, and regret it afterwards?
Wings396,

the best that Roabily can do is to tell everyone that I voted for Delaney and supported him. Big Deal! When I support someone I go balls to the wall but I wasn't the sponsor and I wasn't even on the ticket. It was Delaney's ticket and Rich had all final say about everything, much like I do with my platform. As I have said, nobody wanted Rich to succeed more than myself. Things didn't work out and those things happen. Do I stand by my decision to support Delaney over Canale? Well, heck yeah I did because it was either Delaney or Canale....and Canale was terrible. I would have taken mickey mouse over Canale and I would practically considered any other union over him. He was worse than management.

Did Rich disappoint me, PHL, CLT, PHX, well heck yeah he did and that's why myself and all the US AIRWAYS hubs refused to nominate him. I'm not the only ND guy who realized Rich was incapable. And the fact that he lost the nominations of each US AIRWAYS hub is also alot more telling. Guys like Billy Kline even worked bins for him to get out the vote for Rich but try getting Billy to do anything for Rich now and he would laugh at you. Just because someone or some station gave Rich a chance 4 years ago doesn't mean that he is entitled to the same support 4 years later. If there is any breach of trust it is from RIch to us. Consider what Roabily quoted. Rich insisted that he would be around and visit Roabilys station, and my hope was that Rich would. But my hope vanished when Rich decided to stay in his ORD office for over 90% of his Presidency. And US AIRWAYS are still 'second best' in this District. That must change. The President has to be a traveling man, bottom line. YOu can't do this from an office. Maybe the biggest part of this job is the authority to delegate. My office will be my laptop as I will be on the road even moreso than when I directed the organizing efforts. I'm the General that is out there with the front line troops because I believe the art of negotiations is always outside the negotiations room and standing on the shoulders of the masses.

At any rate, for a chuckle, go back and see Roabily's last post about asking me if I was ever a shop steward. Then compare that to the one he posted where I identified myself as Local Chairman. Roabily is just frustrated, and for some reason angry on a personal attack, and is now double crossing his own post. IMO, I think he sees me behind every handle and he thinks that I'm jerking him around as "Jester". I am not Jester. And for further chuckles, go back to my post a few days ago where I quoted Roabily's recent quote about him furthering the ideas of the give back program and trusting me enough to 'take my word for granted'. Of course, after politics set in, he claimed I was just a big BS er and always for myself. How does someone go from taking my word for it, and working for me, to "Nelson is all about himself and always has been?" Such talk violates the principles of non contradiction, so something else is at play. Perhaps it is his loyalty to MF, dunno.

ONe thing is for sure, if I were for myself only, I would have put my name on Rich's ballot 4 years ago, or I would have became a bobblehead and kept my appointed job instead of getting whacked and putting on the knee pads again. I got a job to do and it is to finally lead this district and bring it to the masses where it belongs. I owe it to myself and I owe it to the masses.

Onward!

The point is we are not even 4 years into the N/D platform, and they are just getting to the point of actually being able to improve things for fleet. I find it absolutely appalling to wipe them out at this point and start from scratch! They spent the first year in training and getting the feel for their positions… so it’s actually been a little over 3 years of focused effort by the N/D team. Further, they have not even had time to go through the process of negotiating this contract in section 6.

I’m trying to reference the whole dismissal of TWO Leadership Teams in a chronological context… when you change everything top to bottom every four years… you will never reach a point of stability… it weakens and divides… simple as that!
I really wish it were that simple Roabily. But it makes no sense to keep a donkey in a horse race.

BTW, what was the platform of New Direction? All I can remember was Canale sucks vote in Delaney. Cripes, what is their platform now? I am the only one who had the decency to ever put out a platform and put forth the vision of where I want to take this district and how we are going to do it. Click Platform

With an immanent merger at US AIRWAYS, we should not be so naive to expect The New Direction to do anything other than stand on the same destructive negotiations strategy of supporting management in mergers [See United/Continental]. Giving leverage away in mergers isn't something to be taken lightly and I don't believe myself or any US AIRWAYS members will be too impressed with 3 years of negotiations at US AIRWAYS only to be dumped into transition talks with the latest BS justification and expect 3-5 more years on top of that. Sorry Roabily but that's not what our members deserve but if you educated yourself about the UA/CO merger then you would have to agree with me about the amazingly soft and management supportive stance of the New Direction. I am not surprised that you continually deny talking about how the New Direction hurricanes path wiped out Hawaiian members, then wiped out UA/CO negotiaitons and is now on a collision course with the US AIRWAYS members. Cripes, raindrops were already felt when we 'rooted out' Delaney's secret LOA supporting management's lockout of some stations!

BTW, I have no idea where you are getting your info about one year in training. You are either intentionally deceiving or someone is blowing smoke up your arse without you knowing. Whatever the case, any training that comes with the job is never going to be to the point of adequacy when all they receive is participation certificates that gives them the "Scarecrow diploma". It's amazing how you seem to think and stand on MF against a "Top" Corporate attorney. I like MF and I don't put myself above MF when dealing with a "Top" Corporate attorney who has had 20 years of reseach on the RLA and numorous degrees and seminars. But the bottom line Roabily is that this "AGC training" you seem to be standing on is certainly not capable and sets all AGC's and presidents up for failure EACH AND EVERY TIME, including me if I don't understand that myself and the membership need a professional RLA attorney by our side. This isn't Oz Roabily. And just because we hand out "Scarecrow" Diplomas complete with a nice pink bow, doesn't make a philadelphia attorney! Quit believing in fairy tales bro!

Our members pay $6 million a year in dues and it's going up again, they deserve to have a President who understands them and that he must surround himself with professionals and clean up this union by approaching the question of representation on a more academic; activism; professional level. The company thinks it is important to have attorneys on their side of the table, so should we! And another thing, I find it incredibly repulsive that our leadership has our membership standing down all the time. In 4 years, The New Direction has complained and complained about management internally but has been fearful of exercising legal solidarity actions publically. In 4 years all they have done is tell our UA members to 'sand down' except for boycotting free pizza one day. WTH? Never mind that they haven't bothered to do anything at US AIRWAYS. US AIRWAYS is in the news and plenty of it due to mergers. We need to engage the public through informational picketing and other legal civil rights activisms. Preaching to the choir isn't my style, we must let our voices and message be heard in the street.

To the audience: Stay informed and stay interactive by visiting our website and joining our facebook where you can read or even respond and comment on post. Click here

Onward!

The point is we are not even 4 years into the N/D platform, and they are just getting to the point of actually being able to improve things for fleet. I find it absolutely appalling to wipe them out at this point and start from scratch!

My Dear Mister Roabilly,

I respectfully disagree. After the HAL deal and the inaction on the Attendance Policy, I do not need to see or hear more from Car 54 to realize that he needs to go!

Furthermore, this isn't Richard Nixon, and let me explain... without a doubt, one of the most mixed Presidential administrations from a historical perspective who was rightfully dogged with Watergate, paranoia, and the bombing Cambodia, but it was also a man who also opened diplomacy to China, détente with the Soviets, created of EPA, enforced civil rights laws, etc. Basically, Car 54 is Richard Nixon, but without the good things, and Nixon was forced to resign!

I don't care about the ND "platform" as they appear unable to demonstrate ethical behaviors or enough motivation to challenge the company on issues for which they are all too willling to surrender. It is time for a change in Leadership.

So Compares Jester.

Reactions: 1 person
Mr. Nelson

I did go to your website and I looked at the video's presented. I do appreciate seeing some of the slate participants. I hope we can be able to soon see at least a picture and bio of every person. It will be helpful in recognizing them if they are flying through.
I would like to discuss your platform 1&2 video. Could you confirm to me please that your commitment is to get letters from the AGC's that they will donate post tax monies back to the district with the specific use of legal representation. That is what I get from the video and I wanted to make sure that in fact is what you were conveying.

Wings396,

the best that Roabily can do is to tell everyone that I voted for Delaney and supported him. Big Deal! When I support someone I go balls to the wall but I wasn't the sponsor and I wasn't even on the ticket. It was Delaney's ticket and Rich had all final say about everything, much like I do with my platform. As I have said, nobody wanted Rich to succeed more than myself. Things didn't work out and those things happen. Do I stand by my decision to support Delaney over Canale? Well, heck yeah I did because it was either Delaney or Canale....and Canale was terrible. I would have taken mickey mouse over Canale and I would practically considered any other union over him. He was worse than management.

Did Rich disappoint me, PHL, CLT, PHX, well heck yeah he did and that's why myself and all the US AIRWAYS hubs refused to nominate him. I'm not the only ND guy who realized Rich was incapable. And the fact that he lost the nominations of each US AIRWAYS hub is also alot more telling. Guys like Billy Kline even worked bins for him to get out the vote for Rich but try getting Billy to do anything for Rich now and he would laugh at you. Just because someone or some station gave Rich a chance 4 years ago doesn't mean that he is entitled to the same support 4 years later. If there is any breach of trust it is from RIch to us. Consider what Roabily quoted. Rich insisted that he would be around and visit Roabilys station, and my hope was that Rich would. But my hope vanished when Rich decided to stay in his ORD office for over 90% of his Presidency. And US AIRWAYS are still 'second best' in this District. That must change. The President has to be a traveling man, bottom line. YOu can't do this from an office. Maybe the biggest part of this job is the authority to delegate. My office will be my laptop as I will be on the road even moreso than when I directed the organizing efforts. I'm the General that is out there with the front line troops because I believe the art of negotiations is always outside the negotiations room and standing on the shoulders of the masses.

At any rate, for a chuckle, go back and see Roabily's last post about asking me if I was ever a shop steward. Then compare that to the one he posted where I identified myself as Local Chairman. Roabily is just frustrated, and for some reason angry on a personal attack, and is now double crossing his own post. IMO, I think he sees me behind every handle and he thinks that I'm jerking him around as "Jester". I am not Jester. And for further chuckles, go back to my post a few days ago where I quoted Roabily's recent quote about him furthering the ideas of the give back program and trusting me enough to 'take my word for granted'. Of course, after politics set in, he claimed I was just a big BS er and always for myself. How does someone go from taking my word for it, and working for me, to "Nelson is all about himself and always has been?" Such talk violates the principles of non contradiction, so something else is at play. Perhaps it is his loyalty to MF, dunno.

ONe thing is for sure, if I were for myself only, I would have put my name on Rich's ballot 4 years ago, or I would have became a bobblehead and kept my appointed job instead of getting whacked and putting on the knee pads again. I got a job to do and it is to finally lead this district and bring it to the masses where it belongs. I owe it to myself and I owe it to the masses.

Onward!
Tim

This is my first post and may be my last but I wanted to say a few things and I do think the other poster had a point about the commitment letters.

Delaney disappointed all of us so you don't have to defend yourself for supporting him over canale. In my opinion, if I were you, I would not spend so much time with the ones on this forum that are just trying to get you to waste your time answering the same questions over and over and accusing you of supporting delaney 4 years ago. Especially do not bother with 700.

I am very interested in your platform and I have a few questions and comments.

You are saying that each hub will have their own agc? And I have followed your posts and know that you shoot straight so I believe that you will give back the money you said. What about the others? I think what I would like to see is a commitment letter from each candidate. Not saying you are lying, I think you have a good chance to win but it will help out your ticket if you post those so called commitment letters on your web page.

As far as my comments, I have talked and listened to many of my coworkers and they all want change. Most feel that once we vote new officers that they just end up being like the last group and the new direction was no exception. We have to do more than just change names and you are the only one addressing that. I think things are set up for you Tim. Good luck and onward!

Reactions: 2 people
Tim

This is my first post and may be my last but I wanted to say a few things and I do think the other poster had a point about the commitment letters.

Delaney disappointed all of us so you don't have to defend yourself for supporting him over canale. In my opinion, if I were you, I would not spend so much time with the ones on this forum that are just trying to get you to waste your time answering the same questions over and over and accusing you of supporting delaney 4 years ago. Especially do not bother with 700.

I am very interested in your platform and I have a few questions and comments.

You are saying that each hub will have their own agc? And I have followed your posts and know that you shoot straight so I believe that you will give back the money you said. What about the others? I think what I would like to see is a commitment letter from each candidate. Not saying you are lying, I think you have a good chance to win but it will help out your ticket if you post those so called commitment letters on your web page.

As far as my comments, I have talked and listened to many of my coworkers and they all want change. Most feel that once we vote new officers that they just end up being like the last group and the new direction was no exception. We have to do more than just change names and you are the only one addressing that. I think things are set up for you Tim. Good luck and onward!

May you get what you deserve. US AGC candidates reportedly with zero experience. One lawyer to cover for all of them too. 2 of his candidates reportedly already saying they won't take pay cut plus 2 people from other tickets who probably won't join in which means 4 who won't take pay cuts. This is a no brainer when I believe that it is a matter of time before more fall off the giveback wagon. Tim supporters get real.

Reactions: 5 people
Wings396,

Onward!

Tim,

I glad you have successfully psychoanalyzed me… and gotten into my head! I think I’ll re-read all of your posts about me so I will know how to behave, and who to support.

And just to clear one thing up… I did not say training takes a year… I said training and position acclimation took almost a year for the AGC’s I had to deal with after your last upheaval! Don’t try to say otherwise, because I was there handling grievances and speaking with them weekly!

You love to spin information to suit your own needs… how’s that gonna work for ya with Hemmingway and Parker? They’ll chew you up and spit you out if try that crap with them!

Reactions: 4 people
May you get what you deserve. US AGC candidates reportedly with zero experience. One lawyer to cover for all of them too. 2 of his candidates reportedly already saying they won't take pay cut plus 2 people from other tickets who probably won't join in which means 4 who won't take pay cuts. This is a no brainer when I believe that it is a matter of time before more fall off the giveback wagon. Tim supporters get real.

I would venture to guess that most of the Tim supporters... are actually supported by Tim !

N/D 2012!

I would venture to guess that most of the Tim supporters... are actually supported by Tim !

N/D 2012!
To answer your question a few pages back................NO I am not on any ticket or comittee or any political group within the union, I am a fleet service agent who has sat back and listened and analyzed this apathy that has been laid before me.

Why would it not be to the best interest US flleet to have one of our own to be president of the district. The opportunty is now. Vote in your favorite AGC but don't let this presidency slip away. It could be benificial to us. Delazey has shown what we are to him, nothing. You guy's only want to beat and bash each other instead of combining all of our energy to combat the one enemy we all have ( THE COMPANY). This bullshit and childish ways are the reason I stopped being involved. We fight each other rather than fighting the company.

If the current wages and work rules are exceptable to you now, make no changes, keep the status quo, be happy and stop bitching.

Do you really think the 30,000+ of UA is going to elect a US person PDGC?

Hasnt happened yet.

You forget US only is 6,000 people, and how many of them are actually going to take the time to vote?

Do you really think the 30,000+ of UA is going to elect a US person PDGC?

Hasnt happened yet.

You forget US only is 6,000 people, and how many of them are actually going to take the time to vote?

All I know is that the caliphate of Car 54 needs to go, before we are another victim of his indifference to US FSAs with another questionable CBA!

Funny how we are "only" 6,000 people and I have heard of unions with less than a dozen people, but yet, we are too small to be a separate union away from UA, HAL and various other unions? Could we create a separate union with a separate PDGC while still under the IAM? I just feel we have been poorly represented for some time because we are too small of a group to garner much attention for those in charge.

So Proffers Jester.

And your such a union person, you sold out your fellow brothers and sisters.

Your not even involved, yet you love to bash.

Your dont have any dealings with any other group in the district nor your not even involved in US.

Your not big enough to support your own district.

Latest posts