Flight Attendant New Hires/Trainee

Not really. Most inflight new hire training is without pay and meals are usually not included. The training is not that long.

Not true! Most other airlines do pay for training and as a matter of fact it depends on if this poster is in training for east or west.
If it is for East they are paid for training and put up for housing, no meals. If it is for West side there is a per diem check of 100.00 a week and no housing or meals.

Not true! Most other airlines do pay for training and as a matter of fact it depends on if this poster is in training for east or west.
If it is for East they are paid for training and put up for housing, no meals. If it is for West side there is a per diem check of 100.00 a week and no housing or meals.
How much are the East trainees being paid and may I ask, how do you know this?

How much are the East trainees being paid and may I ask, how do you know this?

Apparently the East are being paid per diem like the West..when it first was announced we were hiring it was stated they would be paid a rsv salary for training, that was changed and now its just the per diem and housing. I know this because it was brought up at our union meeting on the West.

Apparently the East are being paid per diem like the West..when it first was announced we were hiring it was stated they would be paid a rsv salary for training, that was changed and now its just the per diem and housing. I know this because it was brought up at our union meeting on the West.
I checked with East inflight and they believe that only hotel is covered and no per diem unless something has changed very recently.

No per diem is paid for the east f/a's. Only room. Training, last approx. 6 weeks. Kinda long to go unpaid.
Basically month and a half with no pay check, then depending on when you get out. another 2 weeks, for a small check then another two weeks to finally get into the pay cycle. So it could go for 10 weeks.....

No per diem is paid for the east f/a's. Only room. Training, last approx. 6 weeks. Kinda long to go unpaid.
Basically month and a half with no pay check, then depending on when you get out. another 2 weeks, for a small check then another two weeks to finally get into the pay cycle. So it could go for 10 weeks.....

Ummm and go through all of that for THIS? Understanding jobs are hard to come by, how many people can actually DO that? :rolleyes:

Reactions: 1 person
When I when through training (East) in 2001 we got a hotel room and "happy hour" at the hotel.

When I went through training for "merger" to work on the West side in 2005, they did NOT provide a hotel room but we got paid training pay. The new hires then received $20/day per diem (no hotel), whereas FA's from the East received 4 hours training pay/per day.

Unfortunately, there are still separate contracts. Apparently, they put the "latest" new hires in a hotel room, but that's all your gonna get. Better than the old way.

Maybe back in the Piedmont, Allegheny, PanAm, TWA, UAL days you will get spoiled, but those days are gone!!!

Also, I would really not prefer to hear the "Way We Were" from the above-mentioned employers. :D

East new hires get no money and no per diem while in training, which lasts for 4.5 weeks. They get a hotel room (which they don't have to share...everyone has their own private room) and the hotel offers continental breakfast for them in the morning. That's it. After they graduate they're sent to CLT for 3 days of transition training (E190, A330 and Transatlantic Service) and they do get paid flat rate training pay for those 3 days, because they're employees upon graduation.

ALL US new hires are being trained in PHX and housing/hotel only provided. I was also under the impressions that only new hires given a domicile of CLT & PHL will receive the additional training in CLT. Otherwise the PHX & DCA based FAs will be qualified only on the 319/320/321,B737's,B757/767. This is an exciting time for US to be getting new hires. Congrats, remember no East/West just the BEST!!!! Wear your AFA pin!

ALL US new hires are being trained in PHX and housing/hotel only provided. I was also under the impressions that only new hires given a domicile of CLT & PHL will receive the additional training in CLT. Otherwise the PHX & DCA based FAs will be qualified only on the 319/320/321,B737's,B757/767. This is an exciting time for US to be getting new hires. Congrats, remember no East/West just the BEST!!!! Wear your AFA pin!

You're correct. Only CLT and PHL-based new hires get the additional 3 days of training. The last class to graduate (11-03) didn't have anyone for DCA, but classes 11-01 and 11-02 had a few. Not sure about base assignments for 11-04, which graduates next week. Then we still have 11-05 and 11-06 to go for East. After that they'll start training for new hires for West.