Flight Attendant Sentenced For Spiking Toddler's J

twaokc

Senior
Aug 19, 2002
OKC
-- A flight attendant from ________ was sentenced Wednesday for spiking a toddler's apple juice with an anti-anxiety drug to stop her crying. ________ ______will spend four months in home confinement, and was fired from _______ Airlines.

Cunningham pleaded guilty in May to federal charges that include assault and distribution of a controlled substance on an aircraft.

The case stems from an incident last August. The 19-month-old's mother noticed the juice that was given to her daughter on a Northwest flight was bitter and foamy and had blue and white specks floating in it.

The FBI said lab tests confirmed the presence of Xanax, which is prescribed for panic attacks and anxiety. It can cause drowsiness and lightheadedness.

The girl wasn't seriously hurt.

This person must be sick.....

Why did you bother with all the blanks when you revealed in the story it was a Northwest flight?

This is one area where I pity flight attendants, who are imprisoned on board with screaming brats.

When I travel with my pets, they are required to be tranked . . . I've seen many instances on board where I wish it were the same for kids as well.

I was a non rev on a flight recently, and we had one of "those" kids on board. People were clearly starting to get annoyed, but then the strangest thing happened; the FA came down the aisle, and without missing a beat, picked the child up, and held him (gently, of course) until he calmed down. Very matronly, very professional, and no Xanax required. :rolleyes:

Kev3188 said:
I was a non rev on a flight recently, and we had one of "those" kids on board. People were clearly starting to get annoyed, but then the strangest thing happened; the FA came down the aisle, and without missing a beat, picked the child up, and held him (gently, of course) until he calmed down. Very matronly, very professional, and no Xanax required. :rolleyes:
Probably because the mom in this case had the Xanax :shock: .

Unfortunately, the parents are usually at fault because not only are most overstressed on the airplane, but they come unprepared.

Had the devil child...Rosemary's baby.. on board once..screamed for 8 hours...fully expected a head spinning and pea soup spitting.

Gave 4 rows earplugs.

Oh life in the air. :p

Back