FLIGHT ATTENDANTS NOT ALLOWED TO STRIKE

That sounds like a winner.

Communist economic policies, and social policies as dictated by Pat Robertson and Jerry Falwell.

Sign me up!
Going to to the other extreme with Bear 96, as expected. No communes or collective work farms, no thanks to communist dictators either.

Just a political party for the masses of the working class, instead of the ultra rich and big business who control 90% of the country.

But hey, China and the third world will soon be (or has) surpassing the US in all manufacturing and technology. They need our jobs too. This is great for the big fat cats that hide their billions in off shore accounts and get Jimmy Buffet to play at the golddiggin' wife's birthday party for $2 million or so of the companies dime.

That is until the executive greed boils over and the judges' gavel falls. Bubba needs a new cell mate, he done worn out the last CEO. :shock:

Going to to the other extreme with Bear 96, as expected. No communes or collective work farms, no thanks to communist dictators either.

Just a political party for the masses of the working class, instead of the ultra rich and big business who control 90% of the country.
Forgive me if I overstated.

So that I understand you better, specifically what economic policies would you like to see this political party advocate? By "specifically" I mean something more definitive than "policies that benefit the 'working class.'" And while we are at it, how do you define "working class" (i.e., what income level are you talking about?).

Forgive me if I overstated.

So that I understand you better, specifically what economic policies would you like to see this political party advocate? By "specifically" I mean something more definitive than "policies that benefit the 'working class.'" And while we are at it, how do you define "working class" (i.e., what income level are you talking about?).
Well, among the numerous policies I would like, I'll name a few that would get my vote.

1.Stop big businesses and the filthy rich from hiding their billions off shore in fake corporations. Pay taxes like the rest of us.

2. Make hiring scabs during a strike illegal. If a corporation can't negotiate in good faith, then liquidate.

3. Make the minumum wage an actual living wage. We have far too many people that are working 2 and 3 jobs and are still not able to make it. This is one reason kids are so screwed up today and crime is so high....parents are never home.

4. Put some kind of law on management bonuses and stock options. If a company is crying poor mouth, then no bonuses
for any one until solvent. If the workers have to sacrifice, then so does management.

5. Limit outsourcing. We are losing our manufacturing base to China and the third world because of corporate greed.

This is a short list, this country has been run by corporate greed long enough. :down: :angry: :down:

Let the management flaming begin.... ;)

I'm not all for raising the mininum wage. That will just raise prices across the board... now that is basic economics.

I can't believe some of these politicians want that.... of course probably wants votes from all the poor people... and is probably a good stratgey since most of the country is poor now.

Boy... some of this stuff is starting to look like Flyertalk. <_<

I'm not all for raising the mininum wage. That will just raise prices across the board... now that is basic economics.

I can't believe some of these politicians want that.... of course probably wants votes from all the poor people... and is probably a good stratgey since most of the country is poor now.

Boy... some of this stuff is starting to look like Flyertalk. <_<
<_< ---- Don't you mean the politicians want the illegal alien vote!!!! :shock: Ironic! But probably true!

Bigger problem is the poor people don't vote. In my political experience, they (insert politian of choice) bus the poor folk to the polls and pay them to vote for whoever you tell them to. Sounds illegal to me, but who's there to stop it? no one. :angry:

And don't even get me started with absentee ballots. :shock:

Heaven forbid NW management screw the F/A's over but the hell with the guy that's only bringing home a little over $200.00 a week and is barely above the US poverty levels.
Why... how much do you think our starting wages are now? We qualify for federal aid now. Maybe that was the plan to begin with.... boy you managers at NW are really smart!

Bigger problem is the poor people don't vote. In my political experience, they (insert politian of choice) bus the poor folk to the polls and pay them to vote for whoever you tell them to. Sounds illegal to me, but who's there to stop it? no one. :angry:

And don't even get me started with absentee ballots. :shock:

True! But I've seen campaigns that focus on poor people... in all sorts of languages.

What about the mayoral race in Memphis where the Mayor won with all the THOUSANDS of absentee ballots from the dead? Pretty amazing stuff that people creep out of the Forrest Hill cemetary just to fill out an absentee ballot and go back to being dead.

Ok never mind, the whole SYSTEM is corrupt.

*going to row my boat down the Mississippi and out into the Gulf of Mexico now....*

Ah . . . so you want your wages raised, but not the wages of people who may be making even less than you.

Got it.

Well, the crooked judge has ruled that airline employees have no right seek self help(strike that is) if their contract is wiped out. This is a VIOLATION of the RLA! Judges cannot simply make up laws as they or NWA sees fit. The Judge was already in violation of the Norris-LaGuardia Act and now with this B.S. ruling has broken the law again!This corrupt judge needs to be arrested and thrown in jail along with Doug Stealin and his NWA cronies. NWA flight attendants had better get striking, IMMEDIATELY! Of course, the AFA is gonna let this judge get away with it and won't do anything. The AFA only wants that dues money and a strike would not bring in any dues money. All airline employees are in serious trouble,if the AFA doesn't do something and do it quick! :rant: :rant: :rant: :rant: :rant: :rant: :rant: :rant: :rant:
AFA are bull----! Dues money, thats all. NW FA's were taken for a ride...

Now if you think he got the law wrong, feel free to point out where he did so, and cite to a (legal) source that supports your position.

Read the RLA. Its clear. Remember that its the RLA that determines the conditions that need to be present for workers to strike. Bankruptcy code does not include any language on strikes. As far as whether or not a strike would hurt commerce thats up to the President and Congress to decide and act on, but even then the RLA guarantees that the status quo of what they agreed upon prior to the dispute remains in place. The Judge is rewriting the law and usurping authority.

(And BTW I do not yet have an opinion on whether or not he got the law wrong in this case as I have not had time to read the opinion. From what I have read of it, I agree with him that the BK judge had the "jurisdiction" to decide the issue.

Yes he can rewrite the terms for the period in which the company remains in BK, however the other party has the right to reject those terms. Like I said, if he can do that then why cant he make Exxon sell NWA fuel for 50cents a gallon? Sure he can rip up the current contract they have and he can write onr that says that NWA only has to pay 50cents but Exxon can walk away.

Read the RLA. Its clear. Remember that its the RLA that determines the conditions that need to be present for workers to strike. Bankruptcy code does not include any language on strikes. As far as whether or not a strike would hurt commerce thats up to the President and Congress to decide and act on, but even then the RLA guarantees that the status quo of what they agreed upon prior to the dispute remains in place. The Judge is rewriting the law and usurping authority.
Yes he can rewrite the terms for the period in which the company remains in BK, however the other party has the right to reject those terms. Like I said, if he can do that then why cant he make Exxon sell NWA fuel for 50cents a gallon? Sure he can rip up the current contract they have and he can write onr that says that NWA only has to pay 50cents but Exxon can walk away.
What I've said all along. Judges making law. The very least that should have come from him was an order to NW to return to status quo, get back to the NMB, get your 30 days cooling off period - then impose your contract. F/A's then you can CHAOS or Strike, if the Pres or congress want to then get involve - so be it. Follow the law, but this judge sees things that are not there. :down:

Read the RLA. Its clear.
Unfortunately for you, there are three other statutes at issue that the judge had to reconcile. I finally had time to read the whole decision. I would recommend you set aside a couple of hours and do the same. You might learn something.

For the zillionth (and last) time, it is just not as simple as chanting "RLA RLA RLA" over and over (which, BTW, does NOT protect the right to strike the same as the NLRA does, according to this judge -- read the decision for more info).

Remember that its the RLA that determines the conditions that need to be present for workers to strike.
The judge found that those conditions have not yet been met. Read the decision for more info.

Bankruptcy code does not include any language on strikes.
And (for the zillionth and last time), the RLA does not contain any language on bankruptcy. But you are obviously incapable of grasping the implications of that. Read the decision for more info.

As far as whether or not a strike would hurt commerce thats up to the President and Congress to decide and act on, but even then the RLA guarantees that the status quo of what they agreed upon prior to the dispute remains in place.
And the status quo is . . . AFA not engaging in CHAOS. This judge did not consider it to be a unilateral action (i.e., a disruption of the status quo on management's part) to terminate the AFA contract, because it was done by operation of law (i.e., in accordance with a court order consistent with the BK code -- but of course the BK code has nothing to do with a company in BK in your eyes, so I doubt you will understand this). Read the decision for more info.

Yes he can rewrite the terms for the period in which the company remains in BK, however the other party has the right to reject those terms.
The court said yes, at some point . . . but not yet. Read the decision for more info.

Like I said, if he can do that then why cant he make Exxon sell NWA fuel for 50cents a gallon? Sure he can rip up the current contract they have and he can write onr that says that NWA only has to pay 50cents but Exxon can walk away.
You continue to be unable to grasp that collective bargaining agreements are treated differently than other executory contracts under the BK code. But then again, you are incapable of seeing the relevance of BK law at all here, so this is not surprising.

For the record, I do not particularly like the outcome here, but at least I have taken the time to understand the issues and read the opinion instead of just blindly and reflexively criticizing something I haven't even read or understood yet.

Latest posts