Flight Attendants now free to Unionize at Delta

Unhappy? We care about our company, and understand that "PEOPLE" make the company. Not a 4 to 5 year C.E.O.

"Take care of the employees, and the employees will take care of the customers".

It will be different dapoes if you didn't know the truth, but you do and they pay you to confuse those who ask for the truth.

Once again you come up with "If you don't like it, leave". That what people say when someone speaks the truth at Delta.
So thanks dapoes for understanding and realizing the truth, too bad it won't set "YOU" free

By your version of the truth,you mean, "people that agree with you 100%, make the company". And to hell with those who don't.

It wasn't the AFA (or IAM) issuing memo after memo saying that "if it were up to us, you'd all vote right now." Both unions said they'd refile for Single Transportation System requests as soon as the NMB rule change went into effect. Who's taking it to court? DL, it's representative, the ATA, and 5 chumps who think they belong on the cross w/ Joan of Arc.

Who is "he?"

Kev.......If I recall correctly, it was the IAM and the AFA that withdrew their original filings when the NMB said they were going to look at modifying the rules of the RLA. If that isn't dragging their heels, I don't know what is.

The IAM never filed for an election as I believe the AFA didnt either, they filed for single carrier status, not an election.

Kev.......If I recall correctly, it was the IAM and the AFA that withdrew their original filings when the NMB said they were going to look at modifying the rules of the RLA. If that isn't dragging their heels, I don't know what is.

Exactly!

According to which side of the issue you are on, both sides could now be seen as "dragging their heels."
The distinction though, is that I don't recall the unions ever whining about "let's get this done," " we need to vote NOW", etc...
So the hypocrisy lies within the fact that the very same entities that wanted this to be over with last year are now fully behind any delays that may occur due to the ATA/NRTW/5 -DL employee Lawsuit.
(BTW, I know at least 3 of those 5 DL employees who joined the lawsuit complained ceaselessly about how long it was taking for AFA to file a SCD/election, and then again how long it was taking the NMB to make the final ruling.)

According to which side of the issue you are on, both sides could now be seen as "dragging their heels."
The distinction though, is that I don't recall the unions ever whining about "let's get this done," " we need to vote NOW", etc...
Except that's exactly what they are doing the minute the NMB reached the decision they were hoping for.

So the hypocrisy lies within the fact that the very same entities that wanted this to be over with last year are now fully behind any delays that may occur due to the ATA/NRTW/5 -DL employee Lawsuit.
(BTW, I know at least 3 of those 5 DL employees who joined the lawsuit complained ceaselessly about how long it was taking for AFA to file a SCD/election, and then again how long it was taking the NMB to make the final ruling.)

Somewhat loose interpretation of the word hypocrisy. But that is to be expected from some. The only way this should be decided is by congress, and you can bet that it wont happen before Nov elections. If AFA was so confident this would have been over and done with. But obviously they don't.

Except that's exactly what they are doing the minute the NMB reached the decision they were hoping for.

Somewhat loose interpretation of the word hypocrisy. But that is to be expected from some. The only way this should be decided is by congress, and you can bet that it wont happen before Nov elections. If AFA was so confident this would have been over and done with. But obviously they don't.
dapoes,
In 100 words or less, could you please explain why dl employees should remain non-union?

dapoes,
In 100 words or less, could you please explain why dl employees should remain non-union?
Because the AFA cant promise us anything. Would you sign a blank contract (only to be filled in later) that you will be forced to pay a monthly dues for? Thats exactly what AFA is proposing. World Class Contract my butt, they have zero examples, except an Apron grievance, a Red Dress grievance...thats about it. Im willing to take my chances without them then get chained to them with zero results. There are so many NWA FA's that are disgusted with them in such a short time. All they do is divide the work groups and cause discourse when there is none. Its pathetic.

Actually, it's not. The only time they've mentioned it is in response to the hypocrisy of Mgt's past complaints about needing representation issues resolved so everyone can benefit from the "synergies" of the merger.

"Somewhat loose interpretation?" That's code for you don't know how to respond because deep down you know this is the CORRECT interpretation. Answer me this: the clowns over at NoWayAFA.org or whatever it is, have, on more than one occasion, put forth the theory that AFA has drawn this out to take advantage of the PMNW f/a's by reaping the financial gains from the dues they are still paying and that's why they have enjoyed this thing dragging on. By your account, AFA is saying they want the election done now (which they have not said, except as I have mentioned in the paragraph above)...so which is it?? Do they want it to drag on so they can keep collecting all those monthly dues from PMNW..or......do t hey want to get it over with??

"Somewhat loose interpretation?" That's code for you don't know how to respond because deep down you know this is the CORRECT interpretation. Answer me this: the clowns over at NoWayAFA.org or whatever it is, have, on more than one occasion, put forth the theory that AFA has drawn this out to take advantage of the PMNW f/a's by reaping the financial gains from the dues they are still paying and that's why they have enjoyed this thing dragging on. By your account, AFA is saying they want the election done now (which they have not said, except as I have mentioned in the paragraph above)...so which is it?? Do they want it to drag on so they can keep collecting all those monthly dues from PMNW..or......do t hey want to get it over with??

No idea, maybe you should ask them since you seem so overly consumed by what they say...or do.

No idea, maybe you should ask them since you seem so overly consumed by what they say...or do.

You have "no idea" because you've been stumped, yet again. Because you are now being faced with your own hypocrisy...just like they are. Only something tells me you are a little bit sharper than most of them. (Yes, that's a compliment.)
I wouldn't say I am "consumed", rather more intrigued...slightly. After all, three of their founding members joined the ATA as Plaintiffs in sueing the NMB in Federal Court.

You have "no idea" because you've been stumped, yet again. Because you are now being faced with your own hypocrisy...just like they are. Only something tells me you are a little bit sharper than most of them. (Yes, that's a compliment.)
I wouldn't say I am "consumed", rather more intrigued...slightly. After all, three of their founding members joined the ATA as Plaintiffs in sueing the NMB in Federal Court.
Bad choice of words on my part. More like overly obsessed with what they are doing. My apoligies. ;)

Bad choice of words on my part. More like overly obsessed with what they are doing. My apoligies. ;)

I think it's shame that you would resort to this type of juvenile tactic-- inserting a link to a condition that actually causes many people pain in their lives, all because you can't come up with a sound, logical response to my post. This is indicative of someone who has a problem with self-esteem and therefore, must do anything, no matter how tacky or distasteful,in order to TRY to feel superior to others. Class act, you are not. In fact, you're just like 7up..."never had it; never will."

PS: Take a look at the number of posts you've made compared to me (more than 2x as many)...and I've been a member longer than you. THEN, we can talk about who is "obsessed."

I think it's shame that you would resort to this type of juvenile tactic-- inserting a link to a condition that actually causes many people pain in their lives, all because you can't come up with a sound, logical response to my post. This is indicative of someone who has a problem with self-esteem and therefore, must do anything, no matter how tacky or distasteful,in order to TRY to feel superior to others. Class act, you are not. In fact, you're just like 7up..."never had it; never will."

PS: Take a look at the number of posts you've made compared to me (more than 2x as many)...and I've been a member longer than you. THEN, we can talk about who is "obsessed."
Feel free to bask in your own (self imposed) superiority. I care in the least what others think or say about me. My skin is much thicker then others.

See below Mayor... As for "heel dragging," see Luke's post just below that.

The IAM never filed for an election as I believe the AFA didnt either, they filed for single carrier status, not an election.

Correct.

EXACTLY. What's sad is how many people don't make that same connection.

The only way this should be decided is by congress...

That's your opinion. The SCOTUS thinks differently, and has ruled accordingly. This was specifically addressed in the NMB's final ruling, and I have to assume you have read it, have you not?

Because the AFA cant promise us anything. Would you sign a blank contract (only to be filled in later) that you will be forced to pay a monthly dues for? Thats exactly what AFA is proposing. World Class Contract my butt, they have zero examples, except an Apron grievance, a Red Dress grievance...thats about it. Im willing to take my chances without them then get chained to them with zero results. There are so many NWA FA's that are disgusted with them in such a short time. All they do is divide the work groups and cause discourse when there is none. Its pathetic.

First, there will be NO "blank contract." You know all too well, that PMDL F/A's will not work under anything less than a jointly negotiated CBA. As for divide and conquer, I have to say that the company has been doing a whole lot more of that than either union ever could.

Latest posts