Flight Attendants now free to Unionize at Delta

That's your opinion. The SCOTUS thinks differently, and has ruled accordingly. This was specifically addressed in the NMB's final ruling, and I have to assume you have read it, have you not?

It appears that Judge Friedman was unimpressed with ATA's argument in court yesterday over expedited discovery as their motion was DENIED.

That's your opinion. The SCOTUS thinks differently, and has ruled accordingly. This was specifically addressed in the NMB's final ruling, and I have to assume you have read it, have you not?
I have read the NMB decision and you are wrong. The SCOTUS has not ruled accordingly, rather the NMB is making assumptions. If you think differently then you should posts the specifics cases to back it up.

First, there will be NO "blank contract." You know all too well, that PMDL F/A's will not work under anything less than a jointly negotiated CBA.
So if it isnt a blank contract what is it? Where are the details to know what you are "guaranteed" before signing on the dotted line? There are none, its all after the fact.

Would you sign a mortgage contract that was negotiated after you signed your name? Not knowing what was to be included or left out?
Would you sign a insurance contract that was negotiated after you signed your name? Not knowing what was to be included or left out?
Would you sign a credit agreement/contract that was negotiated after you signed your name? Not knowing what was to be included or left out?

Strangely I didn't see any mention of that on DLNet or in Delta Daily.

I wonder why? :rolleyes:
Do you two even understand what that motion was intended? This is far from over, in fact this decision will only delay the process even further. Well done!

I have read the NMB decision and you are wrong.

Am I, or is that your opinion?

The SCOTUS has not ruled accordingly, rather the NMB is making assumptions. If you think differently then you should posts the specifics cases to back it up.

I think they did their due diligence prior to making this final ruling.

So if it isnt a blank contract what is it? Where are the details to know what you are "guaranteed" before signing on the dotted line? There are none, its all after the fact.

Um, no it's not. The terms are presented, and you either vote for the T/A or you vote no.

Would you sign a mortgage contract that was negotiated after you signed your name? Not knowing what was to be included or left out?
Would you sign a insurance contract that was negotiated after you signed your name? Not knowing what was to be included or left out?
Would you sign a credit agreement/contract that was negotiated after you signed your name? Not knowing what was to be included or left out?

Really?

That's rich coming from someone who tirelessly advocates for at will employment, and DL's ever shifting "policies and procedures."

Do you two even understand what that motion was intended? This is far from over, in fact this decision will only delay the process even further. Well done!

I'm well aware of both it's intent, and the repercussions (sp?). It only makes my call of hypocrisy on DL's part that much stronger.

That aside, you know that my post was a tongue in cheek nod to the fact that "bad" news rarely makes DLNet. After all, it'd make it that much more difficult for the company to manufacture opinion.

I think they did their due diligence prior to making this final ruling.
Come Kev, back up the specific SCOTUS decisions that backs up the assertions made via NMB. (You really didn't read the decision in detail did you?)

Um, no it's not. The terms are presented, and you either vote for the T/A or you vote no.
And those terms are presented when? Before or after the vote? Wheres the infamous guarantees that are in place prior to vote?

That's rich coming from someone who tirelessly advocates for at will employment, and DL's ever shifting "policies and procedures."
And at the same time the union doesn't even follow thru on whats in their supposed iron clad contracts.

I'm well aware of both it's intent, and the repercussions (sp?). It only makes my call of hypocrisy on DL's part that much stronger.
Of course you would think that.

That aside, you know that my post was a tongue in cheek nod to the fact that "bad" news rarely makes DLNet. After all, it'd make it that much more difficult for the company to manufacture opinion.
Really, i couldn't have guessed. lol I thought it would be just another in and endless supply of things to complain and whine about. Knock yourself out!

Come Kev, back up the specific SCOTUS decisions that backs up the assertions made via NMB. (You really didn't read the decision in detail did you?)

I'll take that one.

Bhd of Ry. and S.S.Clerks v. Assn. for the Benefit of Noncontract Employees, 380 U.S. 650, 668-669 (1965)

I'm not going to tell you how it applies. You'll just have to do a little digging on your own. Of course, it is the NMB's (2 of them anyway) interpretation but it seems pretty clearly spelled out. However, Judge Friedman will be the deciding factor.

From what I read, in court yesterday, the Plaintiff's (ATA) request for expedited discovery appears to have been weighted heavily on dissenter Dougherty's opinion. Judge Friedman found, shall we say, no compelling reason based on her dissent.

I'll take that one.

Bhd of Ry. and S.S.Clerks v. Assn. for the Benefit of Noncontract Employees, 380 U.S. 650, 668-669 (1965)

I'm not going to tell you how it applies. You'll just have to do a little digging on your own. Of course, it is the NMB's (2 of them anyway) interpretation but it seems pretty clearly spelled out. However, Judge Friedman will be the deciding factor.
And thats what it is, an interpretation only as to which is in conflict with the clearly defined explanation in the RLA.

From what I read, in court yesterday, the Plaintiff's (ATA) request for expedited discovery appears to have been weighted heavily on dissenter Dougherty's opinion. Judge Friedman found, shall we say, no compelling reason based on her dissent.

I think your a bit confused on what happen yesterday and its scope in the process.

And thats what it is, an interpretation only as to which is in conflict with the clearly defined explanation in the RLA.

I think your a bit confused on what happen yesterday and its scope in the process.

How is it in conflict with the "explanation" in the RLA? The "explanation" is not that clear; that's why all this is happening. But I'm not going to feed you any more information. All you do is parrot what comes out of DL mgt and the ATA.

I am not confused about what happened in court yesterday, dapoes. It's in the records, which I've read as well as accounts of those present. Again, do your research.

So let me get this straight. If I work at a company with 10,000 employees and I'm the only one that goes to the voting booth, out of those 10,000 employees, I decide, for "ALL" 10,000 employees whether or not we unionize?.......................................boy, that sounds fair.................................not !

My guess would have been the other 9,999 employees were "NOT" interested in having money taken out of their paycheck via the Union Corporation !

Southwind..............get "REAL" Important decisions, or elections are most likely not decided on "BEST GUESS". If that kind of majority failed to get involved in a decision that would so severely effect their futures, it is obvious that the apathy factor at Delta airlines is such that maybe a third party influence would benefit the workforce as a whole. If monthly dues responsibility is YOUR major concern........Why wouldnt you take a few seconds....pick-up the phone.........and vote your choice ???????

please get real enough so that logging into this board makes sense..................

Reactions: 2 people
Southwind...I forgot to mention................................Since it is apparent that the Delta CLT has a bad track record at "BEST GUESSES"....check out our stats. In the future, maybe they could convince the supreme court that COIN-TOSSES are the most fair and equitable function in which to decide life-critical issues. What's your guess??????? I;ll take tails.

[ Heil the Red-Tail

Reactions: 2 people
Southwind...I forgot to mention................................Since it is apparent that the Delta CLT has a bad track record at "BEST GUESSES"....check out our stats. In the future, maybe they could convince the supreme court that COIN-TOSSES are the most fair and equitable function in which to decide life-critical issues. What's your guess??????? I;ll take tails.

[ Heil the Red-Tail

"Delta is proud of its 60-plus years without a strike, compared with 11 strikes in 50 years at Northwest Airlines!"

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052748703957604575272444013395792.html?mod=dist_smartbrief

Hmm......................and what did the unions and those 11 strikes get you in the end ?

I was talking things over with a red tail fa. we did the math and it turns out, the union is going to be in at delta. dl's >40% + nw marjority for the union = a company that is better for us all.

Reactions: 1 person
I was talking things over with a red tail fa. we did the math and it turns out, the union is going to be in at delta. dl's >40% + nw marjority for the union = a company that is better for us all.
Your math assumes that 100% votes yes with NWA, don't bet on it. There are a lot who are not happy with AFA. Also AFA already flew that trial ballon and that's why they keep delaying and trying to rig the election process. If the numbers where there, the election would have been over months ago.