Flight Attendants now free to Unionize at Delta

"Delta is proud of its 60-plus years without a strike, compared with 11 strikes in 50 years at Northwest Airlines!"

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052748703957604575272444013395792.html?mod=dist_smartbrief

Hmm......................and what did the unions and those 11 strikes get you in the end ?

So you wanna go from fairness to Job actions...........Whatever, but by making a statement like that, you obviously havent been in this industry long enough, and there really isnt enough band-width to give a history lesson here. Just remember, you are working for a management team that AT BEST thinks they are being very generous by bringing you up to an AVERAGE wage level. Your pay will and always has at delta been determined by the top dogs..............and the top dogs didnt get what they had without a fight.

you will find out soon enough that being a union member is not that scary......most of us are extremely proud of our involvement.

Reactions: 1 person
So you wanna go from fairness to Job actions...........Whatever, but by making a statement like that, you obviously havent been in this industry long enough, and there really isnt enough band-width to give a history lesson here. Just remember, you are working for a management team that AT BEST thinks they are being very generous by bringing you up to an AVERAGE wage level. Your pay will and always has at delta been determined by the top dogs..............and the top dogs didnt get what they had without a fight.

you will find out soon enough that being a union member is not that scary......most of us are extremely proud of our involvement.

Not to sure I'd be proud of a union (IAM) that didn't back another union (AMFA) at the same airline and caused thousands to lose their jobs all because the IAM didn't like being kicked out in favor of AMFA !

Talk about that one, with your out of work union-brethren !

Not to sure I'd be proud of a union (IAM) that didn't back another union (AMFA) at the same airline and caused thousands to lose their jobs all because the IAM didn't like being kicked out in favor of AMFA !

Talk about that one, with your out of work union-brethren !

Sorry.....that old angle has been exhausted on these boards for a long time now, yet some p eople still dont seem to be willing to accept the actual history. Be careful when referring to the loosely-knit association that represented pmnw amts as a union. The AFL-CIO to this day doesnt recognize them as anything more than a storefront, And if you knew what you were talking about...........you would know why they quit their jobs. Some of those guys were good brothers, but certainly not because of their alegiance to AMFA.

"Delta is proud of its 60-plus years without a strike, compared with 11 strikes in 50 years at Northwest Airlines!"

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052748703957604575272444013395792.html?mod=dist_smartbrief

Hmm......................and what did the unions and those 11 strikes get you in the end ?

I don't get it? I recognized a long time ago that if it wasn't for those strikes and strikes from other unions in the airline industry and the fact that Delta is keeping up with the contracts of the Dispatchers and Pilots, I wouldn't have a "Industry Standard" to look for coming October 1. Between the Airlines that Delta put themselves against when it comes to compensation, Delta is the only non-union company right? So that means that Delta builds its wages around union pay wages, right? And if I am wrong, please, please let me know, but who in the world want to be "Standard"? I know I am not "Standard" and I go to work everyday to my best. I don't go to work just to do enough to get by the day. Why would a company with a slogan "Above and Beyond", recognize its workers as the industries standard. If you agree that compensation is (work=pay), then we are the "Biggest", "Global" company with the "industry standard" workers. The only way a company can recognize or speak is threw money and judging on what's going on Delta is not saying much about our works as employees. Sorry SOUTHWIND, the union is coming in buddy. Hopefully you get to keep your job as a blogger/forum writer :)

Sorry.....that old angle has been exhausted on these boards for a long time now, yet some p eople still dont seem to be willing to accept the actual history. Be careful when referring to the loosely-knit association that represented pmnw amts as a union. The AFL-CIO to this day doesnt recognize them as anything more than a storefront, And if you knew what you were talking about...........you would know why they quit their jobs. Some of those guys were good brothers, but certainly not because of their alegiance to AMFA.

You can paint it any color you want to and hide it under the rug , but in the end , the IAM was never concerned with their "Union-Brethren" at AMFA, simply because they were voted out and then proceeded to cross the picket line set in place by the mechanics !

You sound as if you were anti-AMFA and din't have a problem crossing the picket line......................am I right ?

And to this day the majority of American citizens don't recognize the AFL-CIO as anything more than thugs, who are no better than the companys they despise !

You can paint it any color you want to and hide it under the rug , but in the end , the IAM was never concerned with their "Union-Brethren" at AMFA, simply because they were voted out and then proceeded to cross the picket line set in place by the mechanics !

You sound as if you were anti-AMFA and din't have a problem crossing the picket line......................am I right ?

And to this day the majority of American citizens don't recognize the AFL-CIO as anything more than thugs, who are no better than the companys they despise !

Yes they are..Funny the Teamsters are no longer AFL-CIO but I haven't heard anyone call them a fringe organization. There are plenty of independant unions that do well for their members that are not AFL-CIO. The IAM were tossed out on their ass because they totally disrespected the mechanic group. The only time they gave a crap was when they really saw AMFA as a threat. Then they all of a sudden cared was going to give us our 'own' district just for MX..lol...Too little too late. The IAM lost a lot of dues money because after we threw them out so did the MX at UAL. So they had an ax to grind with AMFA. The IAM were just as much scabs as the individuals who crossed. I hope they get their collective asses handed to them in the end.

The IAM vs AMFA battle has nothing to do with the subject of this topic, more diversionary tactics by the anti-union folk.

And the IBT crossed the AMFA picket line and IBT represented pilots flew flight for NW via Champion Air, and your PFAA FAs crossed the line too and that was a union created by McCormick, the creator of AMFA.

The IAM vs AMFA battle has nothing to do with the subject of this topic, more diversionary tactics by the anti-union folk.

And the IBT crossed the AMFA picket line and IBT represented pilots flew flight for NW via Champion Air, and your PFAA FAs crossed the line too and that was a union created by McCormick, the creator of AMFA.

One of the words in subject of this topic is "Unionize", so I think it is more than appropriate to discuss how one union treats another union!

And as far as saying, "Well they crossed the picket line , so we should too" BS your shoveling here, that dog don't hunt !

Ever heard the saying "Two wrongs don't make a right ?

One of the words in subject of this topic is "Unionize", so I think it is more than appropriate to discuss how one union treats another union!

And as far as saying, "Well they crossed the picket line , so we should too" BS your shoveling here, that dog don't hunt !

Ever heard the saying "Two wrongs don't make a right ?

Sorry 'southwind' did the research and studies on pros and cons of having a union and not having a union and I am going with the obvious. I am voting YES

As long as you are trying to push the DL F/A group to unionize it is relavant.

I think it is important for them to know that they are on there own against the company. The IAM has proven they will not honor a picket line. Ironically the IAMs lack of solidarity put the F/A group in the same spot with or without a union. Dealing with the company within there own group. I would advise them to put there dues money in the bank.

For the record, the AMFA has honored every picket line it has come across. Including the IAMs at Ozark.

Let me get this straight. It's ok for the unions to drag their feet, waiting on a voting rule change, but everyone wants to whine when Delta and other companys drag their feet, getting the new rule changed back..................typical hypocrits !

Latest posts