Fly Envoy, Get 5,000 PQMs

Pick One!

• Amazing! The seats are filled with high-yield pax!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Not bad, we're seeing happy pax and smiling faces

• Not good...we're seeing non-revs in F and a fair number of "Go Envoy" upgrades...it's some

• Horrible....there are empty seats, grumbling pax and at the end of the day, I wouldn't buy the produ

• Total voters

vantheman63

Senior
Aug 30, 2007
PVD
Okay, so question for all the rock star marketing geniuses....or rock star wanna be marketing geniuses....

How well did US Airways do with selling "The New Envoy?"

(a.) Amazing! The seats are filled with high-yield pax!
(b.) Not bad, we're seeing happy pax and smiling faces
(c.) Not good...we're seeing non-revs in F and a fair number of "Go Envoy" upgrades...it's some revenue, not a lot
(d.) Horrible....there are empty seats, grumbling pax and at the end of the day, I wouldn't buy the product

So, what's your answer....

Well, here's a hint....

======================================================================
===========

US Airways Promotions

Fly Envoy & get 5,000 Preferred bonus miles

Plan your next trip across the Atlantic in our new business class and you’ll enjoy a peaceful, personalized and productive environment. You’ll also earn 5,000 Preferred bonus miles that count toward your Preferred status! These miles are in addition to the miles you would already earn when flying Envoy class so you can earn over 20,000* Preferred bonus miles with just one roundtrip flight.

To take advantage of this offer simply register, then book your roundtrip Envoy ticket for travel between May 5 and August 31, 2008. You’ll get the bonus every time you fly Envoy during the promotion. Our new business class and 5,000 Preferred bonus miles – there’s no place like Envoy.

======================================================================
===========

So....lets see....peak travel season....strong loads....your biggest money maker...and you have to promote it to get people to buy it....with 5,000 PQMs???

I wonder if CO is doing any sort of promos....oh crap, no they aren't...they aren't even offering any sort of mileage upgrades....United? Delta? American? Northwest? Nope, nuttin.

They must be selling the product.....

Yeah, lets fly an AWFUL product...last summer...lets shrink the Envoy cabin....and lets make an "All American, Business Casual" experience....after all, why on earth would an Italian or Spanish traveler want to drink Italian or Spanish wines???

I don't know if it's me...but as a US pax, why is it every time I hear the word "enhancement" come from The Sand Castle, I wanna run and grab a barrel of KY Jelly just before bending over???

Van...I'll put down C cuz I flew in Envoy somewhere over the weekend as an nonrevenue passenger which tells me that US is not really selling the product and IMHO Envoy on the 757 does not deserve it's own merit...but that's for another thread another day.

Van...I'll put down C cuz I flew in Envoy somewhere over the weekend as an nonrevenue passenger which tells me that US is not really selling the product and IMHO Envoy on the 757 does not deserve it's own merit...but that's for another thread another day.

Has the use of the 757 on transatlantic routes been a change since the merger? I flew nonrev to AMS back in 2006 and the 767 was flying that route. Recently I went again and to my suprise it was a 757..Not a pretty site with everyone packed in there for such a long haul!

Not good. This is not the type of promotion you would expect to see in the summer.

Not good. This is not the type of promotion you would expect to see in the summer.

Exactly right....this is a tactic used in the "off" season....or MAYBE a "shoulder season.," maybe.

Hey Travis...or any other genius marketers out there....anyone even know what a "shoulder season" is?

Conventional wisdom, "Marketing 101": Do not discount or otherwise offer incentives during the peak season...max out on profit.**

Oops.....except for the fact the product was SO miserable last year...there is no "peak season" for Envoy!!! Every day's an off day...or maybe now...meaning there is no "shoulder season."

Too funny....

**Except when you have destroyed the reputation of your product and you need to create trial and awarness....because, due to a horrible prior product, you have no more "adoption, conversion and continuity."

Some other airlines are already offering better bonuses. Like double EQMs for almost all fares - coach and premium. AA and UA come to mind. This 5000 point bonus is insulting to a full fare Envoy customer.

Some other airlines are already offering better bonuses. Like double EQMs for almost all fares - coach and premium. AA and UA come to mind. This 5000 point bonus is insulting to a full fare Envoy customer.
My understanding of.AA's promotion (at least the one they emailed me about) is that it was for a limited time through part of June and was after the MD80 fiasco...not sure about UA's.

Back