Flyi Reports September Traffic

enilria

Advanced
Aug 20, 2002
44% Load Factor for September
46% for August
47% for July

I'm sensing a trend here. Anybody else see one? I think it was 45 days ago and they said they'd be near 60% right now.

On the plus side you can catch a roundtrip to Boston from Washington for just $90 each way...oh wait, thats the fare for flights departing in the next two hours...it goes down to $59 after that.

Sounds like this is the equation: (low load factors X low fares) - extremely high cost regional jets = staggering losses.

Class dismissed.

Linky

ITRADE said:
Linky. I like that.
[post="193291"][/post]​

Feel free to steal it.

I think they are toast. Now that UAir is looking like they *might* survive...deathwatch moves to ACA and ATA. Trouble is that ACA is going to have problems extracting ownership conncessions on those aircraft since the CRJs and 319s are new and in demand.

They are doomed if UAIR survives.

Not sure there is a need for more CRJs, secondly, that would not be good news for Bombardier. Of course, maybe U and UAL needs some more. Although, I am sure JO is chomping at the bits already.

As for the 319s they should sell like hot cakes, plenty of operators wanting those.

UnitedChicago said:
Lets not forget that they had no choice but to become iFly because of the deal United was offering right C54Capt?
[post="193620"][/post]​

Skywest reported something like a $20 million profit for the quarter. Looks like their contract with United was not that bad. Skywest also has $450 million in the bank thanks to United and Delta. The plug has been pulled on Ifly's cash..its going down the drain fast!

UnitedChicago said:
Exactly right Dark Clouds. I was being sarcastic because C54 has used that lame argument in the past.
[post="193760"][/post]​

Clearly FlyI made the worst possible choice. They could have flown for United...they could have been bought by JO and ended up rich, but they chose the riskiest option and bet the company UAIR would be dead by now.

The irony is that JO might as well have bought them because after the smoke clears Mesa will be flying essentially all the routes ACA was and losing United's money on the way to winning. United is basically subsidizing Mesa driving ACA out of business. Funny how Ch11 can be perverted, huh?

Even though I agree the CRJ50 has seen its peak, I believe Mesa or even Delta (to replace the F328Jets...yes I know they will be in ch11, but UA took 200 more RJs in ch11) will take them.

Well... I am sure the fares are not winners... But half of the problem is overcapacity caused by Independence Air. When you schedule 7 flights a day between IAD and Lansing, you are going to have empty seats no matter what the fare is.

Those fares are actually higher than what they were for an end of august sale, when the lowest fare was $29. I bought a ticket to SAV for $100 after taxes, $54 base each way, minus $25 discount. Destinations such as CRW, PIT and CLT were $50 RT with the $25 discount back then. So to FlyI, this is pricing power! :p

whlinder said:
Those fares are actually higher than what they were for an end of august sale, when the lowest fare was $29. I bought a ticket to SAV for $100 after taxes, $54 base each way, minus $25 discount. Destinations such as CRW, PIT and CLT were $50 RT with the $25 discount back then. So to FlyI, this is pricing power! :p
[post="194630"][/post]​
This airline will be gone soon.