FMLA

With AA's crap vacation and sick policy can you really blame them? Not to mention the harassment one has to endure for using sick time.

Honestly with the CS policy they should have very little sick abuse. Too bad not all locations and shops have it available.
I know in my station our station manager is a very stickler to the sick thing and all of our mgmt. encourages everyone to get FMLA However what mgmt. does not want to hear is that you must have a pre existing condition to get FMLA and then the company doctors look it over and render decision I completely agree with you our sick policy is a pile of crap 1/2 pay first day I don't know how LAA sick was but overall it needs major overhaul. Our station manager is truly one of the most strickest ones even slicing OT at a time when we are severely short staffed so when one bangs out sick or FMLA they don't do much to cover Is it like that in your station?

Is it like that in your station?
The short answer is no because I have no station. I no longer work for American Airlines. I am really only interested in the contracts because my wife is still employed at American Airlines. In fact she is third generation American Airlines.

The long answer is when I was at the base every time I used sick time I would have to have a discussion (AA harassment) and every time they would push FMLA.

The company WANTS you to take FMLA...... or so it would seem.

When my spouse attempted to get FMLA the company would drag their feet, repeatedly "lose" her paperwork, and deny acceptance of her paperwork for frivolous reasons.

They push FMLA, but then when you attempt to enroll they throw up every roadblock they can.

I think in the end they just want to harass people. It is their way of trying to shove people out the door so they can hire new cheap labor.

I have never worked for a company that treats you like a 4 year old when you use sick time.

I have never worked for a company that treats you like a 4 year old when you use sick time.
Unfortunately there are those who need to be treated like 4 year old. And on subject, I need to take off my shoes to count those who I know blatantly abuse the FMLA policy.

Youre right about harassment by mgmt. Its sad and pathetic I have FMLA for my son due to his autism and associated issues What I do is have my son's psychiatrist fax the paperwork to company and I take the original and fax it to make sure it goes thru. Its even more pathetic mgmt. at least in my station will definitely come after you for just about every little dam thing but when they want something from you theyre like..... what what do you mean you cant ,,,

AANOTOK we have folks like that too too many to count but some of us have it bec its legit sad

in my station mgmt. picks on select folks and we have unequal issues still on going it ranges from FMLA and sick to everything else some folks have gone as far as calling HR which has done nothing too

You guys can absolutely stop the harassment from AA management when using FMLA by filing complaints with the gov agency covering FMLA. The gov will come down extremely hard on AA if they get enough complaints and the harassment will go away. The gov. will not stand for AA harassing employees when using FMLA, in fact they may even file a suit against AA depending on their findings. Try it and watch AA quiver in their seats while the gov is going thru all their paperwork involving FMLA as well as scolding them on how they cannot harras anyone using FMLA. It's a huge no-no with the gov...

Youre right about harassment by mgmt. Its sad and pathetic I have FMLA for my son due to his autism and associated issues What I do is have my son's psychiatrist fax the paperwork to company and I take the original and fax it to make sure it goes thru. Its even more pathetic mgmt. at least in my station will definitely come after you for just about every little dam thing but when they want something from you theyre like..... what what do you mean you cant ,,,

AANOTOK we have folks like that too too many to count but some of us have it bec its legit sad

in my station mgmt. picks on select folks and we have unequal issues still on going it ranges from FMLA and sick to everything else some folks have gone as far as calling HR which has done nothing too
What station are you at?

I know in my station our station manager is a very stickler to the sick thing and all of our mgmt. encourages everyone to get FMLA However what mgmt. does not want to hear is that you must have a pre existing condition to get FMLA and then the company doctors look it over and render decision I completely agree with you our sick policy is a pile of crap 1/2 pay first day I don't know how LAA sick was but overall it needs major overhaul. Our station manager is truly one of the most strickest ones even slicing OT at a time when we are severely short staffed so when one bangs out sick or FMLA they don't do much to cover Is it like that in your station?
I know if you are out sick longer than5 days you can request a short term leave for those days as long as your dr signs off on it. They still have to approve it though in Dallas