Forbes Article on Trainer

Well look at this, everyone knows how World Fraudster praises Trainer, well from DL's latest annual report.

In addition, 210 refinery employees of Monroe are represented by the United Steel Workers under an agreement that expires on February 28, 2015. This agreement is governed by the National Labor Relations Act ("NLRA") , which generally allows either party to engage in self help upon the expiration of the agreement. Formal negotiations toward a new or amended agreement have commenced.

And you know  many refinery workers are on strike at the moment, well looks like Trainer can be next, we will know by the 28th.

Reactions: 2 people
700UW said:
Well look at this, everyone knows how World Fraudster praises Trainer, well from DL's latest annual report.

And you know  many refinery workers are on strike at the moment, well looks like Trainer can be next, we will know by the 28th.
I want to point out this is how all labor unions should be. Contract ends you are on strike or working out an extension. 

RLA sucks because you have to get an okay from the NMB which doesn't give those okays anymore. 

Because the RLA was enacted into law to protect interstate commerce first and foremost and was enacted in 1926 or so when there were no airlines.

The law gave the railroad workers the right to unionize and collective bargain, but its main purpose was to stop all the wildcat strikes.

700UW said:
Because the RLA was enacted into law to protect interstate commerce first and foremost and was enacted in 1926 or so when there were no airlines.

The law gave the railroad workers the right to unionize and collective bargain, but its main purpose was to stop all the wildcat strikes.
I understand the idea. It use to work. 
Tell the airlines bought the government. Now it doesn't. 

If we were under the NLRA I can promise you that airlines wouldn't be going 8-10 years in contract negos. 

there are also open contracts at dozens of refineries as well.

given that a few people think that Trainer has no effect on the jet fuel market, let's see how fast jet fuel supplies start dropping when those refineries are on strike.

and if those refineries can keep operating, so can Trainer.

and when those other refineries sign contracts, DL will do the same at Trainer.

DL is not going to set the standard for wages at Trainer and it will follow what other refineries pay their employees.

DL's own 10k states Trainer only supplies LGA, JFK, and the Northeast cities.

not sure what your point is.

I am saying that there are open labor contracts at MANY US refineries.

Any labor issues at those refineries will affect far more of the US economy than Trainer will.

DL is not going ahead of or behind what other refineries will offer their employees.

When those refineries settle, DL will too.

No such thing as an open contract under the National Labor Relations Act.

CBAs under the NLRA have effective and expiration dates, it is totally different than CBAs under the RLA.

Contracts become amendable and expire, hence the February 28th deadline and after that date the unionized employees at Trainer can strike.

There are multiple refineries are on strike at this moment and they are on strike for safety issues, not money.

they are on strike because the contracts have expired.

The impact to national fuel supplies will be far greater than what Trainer can do.

DL has a track record of positive labor relations that is unsurpassed in the airline industry.

They are smart enough to figure out how to apply those principles to the refinery as well.

WorldTraveler said:
Any labor issues at those refineries will affect far more of the US economy than Trainer will.

And yet a few pages back you were blathering about the impact Trainer refinery has on fuel prices.
So which is it?
Either Trainer is so powerful that it has an impact or really it isn't consequential at all?

jcw was correct:  if it wasn't for double standards you would have no standards.

15735692.jpg

Reactions: 2 people
Trainer affects jet fuel PRICES.

Trainer is not the only refinery so cannot solely affect availability.

If you don't understand the difference between prices and supplies, then maybe your assessment of yourself is accurate.

why don't you recognize that once again in your attempt to try to make me and DL look bad, you have stuck your nose into a discussion that you don't understand.

Spin your way out of this

WorldTraveler said:
whether you can accept it or not, Trainer is a significant part of total jet fuel production in the US and it is controlled by one airline that has changed the pricing such that refiners have less incentive to produce jet fuel than they do diesel.

So, which is it?
Either Trainer is an all powerful refinery controlled by DL, or really not all that significant.

It;s quite obvious that you've tangled such a web of lies, misinformation, fabricated stats/numbers and ridiculous statements to push your DL uber alles narratives that you're now conveniently backed into a corner and have no choice but to resort to name calling, deflecting and spinning to try to slither away from any more posts that make you look like a fool.
a-digging-418x287.jpg

Reactions: 1 person
there is no spin... you simply don't know the English language well enough to know that being a significant supplier does not mean that other suppliers don't supply the majority of US jet fuel supplies.

Significant does not mean largest.

again, you are sticking your nose into a subject that you don't understand and you are doing it solely to throw dirt.

the only one that gets dirty is you.

So now your a commodities expert in Oil?

What financial firm do you work for and where is your degree from and are you licensed and bonded?

Reactions: 1 person
you have no idea what education and background I have.

but I can assure that I have more educational experience and degrees than you, robbed, and Kev all have put together.

and regardless of what I have or don't, you can't accept on this just like other issues that someone else knows more than you do.