Forbes Article on Trainer

WorldTraveler said:
so, it is ok for me to give you a pass - which I did - because you pulled an estimate out of your head, I corrected it, and we moved on but you want to continue to hammer away on the fact that my estimate pulled from memory was for 40% instead of the actual 38.1?

you call people liars and fools but want to be excused for back of the envelope math that is just plain wrong, no matter how long you worked at it.

and DL absolutely did say that it expects to see $200 million in increased revenues at LHR because of the VS partnership. before you call me a liar, I would VERY STRONGLY suggest that you review DL's earnings call transcript.

it ain't my estimate.

the part that is my estimate is the revenue value of DL's operation at NRT vs. LHR.

perhaps you can tell us how many seats DL has at each of the two cities - for LHR now vs. NRT a couple years ago at its peak.

Don't forget to factor in that NRT average fares are far higher than at LHR.

do the math with more than just a napkin and some estimates you pull out of your head before you say that someone else is making up stuff.

You just don't get it.

First, I admitted my post was an estimate. 
I stated the purpose of my exercise.
And I challenged you to post the correct data/numbers, etc., which you haven't done, and you wouldn't even admit you were lying unless somebody called you out.
Second - regarding the DL-VS JV.  You claimed that $200 million generated in that amount of time is greater than any other airline partnership has managed to do over the same time frame. 

Now being the scoundrel you are, you're backpedaling into accuracy that the $200 million is the estimate made by DL, not the actual revenue the JV has brought in.

You're a class act.

Quit deflecting to NRT.

Back up your claim or forever remain a fraud.

I triple dog dare you!

Reactions: 2 people
WorldTraveler said:
and DL absolutely did say that it expects to see $200 million in increased revenues at LHR because of the VS partnership. before you call me a liar, I would VERY STRONGLY suggest that you review DL's earnings call transcript.

And yet you already declared that the $200 million in additional revenue was already generated - not an estimate - and that this was a larger $$$$ than any other airline partnership has ever accomplished in the same time frame.

You are a liar and a fraud.

movinggoalpost.gif

Reactions: 3 people
no, you don't get it.

You made an estimate, it was wrong, I corrected you but excused you, and moved on.

I made a statement which you didn't bother to verify but called it a lie.

I never quoted a value of what the JV brought in because DL has never said that. I did say what the JV has done to help DL to quote that.

I am indeed a class act that uses facts and you are classless and use character assassination when you step into a subject about which you don't have the right information and are shown to be incorrect.

here is the quote about LHR from DL's earnings transcript

"Second, we have strong opportunity in our joint venture and our investment with Virgin Atlantic which we expect to produce $200 million of benefit this year alone. We just celebrated the first anniversary of our joint venture and we are gaining familiarity and expertise as we cooperate on pricing, scheduling, and capacity decisions. Delta and Virgin combined will increase our US to Heathrow capacity by 10% in 2015. Our increased service to London Heathrow, a key market that Delta didn’t serve just a few years ago, has been a stronger driver of the momentum we’ve seen in our corporate sales growth."

http://seekingalpha.com/article/2834526-delta-airlines-dal-ceo-richard-anderson-on-q4-2014-earnings-results-earnings-call-transcript?part=single

DL will offer on its own metal just over 2600 seats per day from LHR this summer.

in the summer of 2011, DL offered nearly 7300 seats per day from NRT and even this summer will still offer almost 5000 seats per day, more than double what DL offers from LHR.

so, if NRT contributed $4 billion in annual revenues to DL before the yen crisis with what is more than 3 times more seats than DL offers from LHR right now, a $200 million increase in revenue at LHR today is a very hefty percentage increase in revenues.

So you did lie.

It says ESTIMATED to make THIS YEAR, this year has just begun.

Here is the Whole Truth

WorldTraveler said:
DL's strategy with VS has already generated far more revenue for DL than any other airline partnership has for any other airline in the same period of time.

WorldTraveler said:
I never quoted a value of what the JV brought in because DL has never said that. I did say what the JV has done to help DL to quote that.

Show us the factual data you based your conclusion on. I triple dog dare you to.

Deflecting to NRT is apples and oranges.

And before you or anybody jumps on me and tries to say I'm disparaging DL, no I am not.  DL is a great airline.  The LHR slot purchase (via the VS JV) was a good corporate decision, almost as good as fleecing US for the LGA slots.

which is exactly what I did say.

you wanna bet that DL hasn't made comments about the increased revenue in LHR?

you have no clue about what you are talking about with union issues, let alone market issues.

You have a big enough whole to crawl out of with the falseholds you are spreading about what a union can do without trying to jump into an argument about market performance which you are even more ignorant about.

I know it is a tough road for you to take but how about you admit that you are simply wrong about a host of things, most notably including the value of union representation.

Defend the arguments you made about the value of union representation.

DL employees aren't voting on whether I am right or wrong about the value of LHR.

They will decide how to vote based on the accuracy of what you say - or more accurately by the repeated errors and lies that you have made

More lies from WT.

My mother told me something when she was alive, she said "If you are going to be a liar, you better have a good memory."

she is right. You didn't listen to her.

you have weaved so many lies that you can't begin to unravel them all.

and, once again, DL employees are not going to vote on representation based on my statements about DL's profitable at LHR.

they will vote on unions based on claims that you and other union salespeople have made, including that unions can make a difference in executive compensation, that DL pilots were given more because DL non-contract employees didn't have a union, and that the APFA negotiated an industry leading contract - all of which are false.

quit sticking your nose into market issues about which you are clueless and provide fact based answers to the 3 questions and more which I have posed here - and that impact DL employees and the representation campaign

LRH isn't about Trainer either but you didn't jump in before.

now that it is apparent that 699 has dug himself into a whole that he can't get out of, don't decide you want to cut off the conversation that he decided to jump into.

and to your credit, Kev, part of the reason why you have earned my respect and few others here have not is because you rarely make factually based statements that are incorrect.

you are smart enough to pick your arguments accurately and focus on issues about which you know, not try to discredit people on subjects about which they are clearly more knowledgeable.

there are a host of people on this forum who would do well to follow your example - including trying to argue about Trainer, LHR, and a dozen other revenue and finance related topics about which they have little to no knowledge.

Is this about unions or is it about DL's failed investment in Trainer?

Dodge, Deflect and change.

No you just threaten Kev about once a month on calling Delta and snitching on him about this or that.

It is about those who CLAIM that DL's investment in Trainer was flawed but refuse to acknowledge the facts, including that DL's fuel bill went down by well over the cost of the refinery.

feel free to answer the questions about unions anywhere you would like... the "grassroots" campaign would be a great place to add your contributions which are anything but grassroots.

WorldTraveler said:
... ... ..., part of the reason why you have earned my respect and few others here have not is because you rarely make factually based statements that are incorrect.

Then I don't know how you can live with yourself.

Kev3188 said:
Wrong thread. This one's about Trainer.

This was about Trainer.

But just like every other thread on every airline forum, a certain poster decided to make a fictitious statement(s).  Once he got caught/confronted with the truth he has refused to admit his mistake(s) but instead keeps on digging and spinning trying to weasel his way out of the quandary he created in the first place.