Free lunch by investment advisor - CLT

Wondering if other mechanics were at work in CLT and saw the free food brought in by an investment advisor? I was told by a co-worker he did this for all three shifts and was present each time. Never saw this before and he's not affiliated with AA (like Fidelity is for the 401-K's). He works with a few mechanics on their finances and also underwrote a retirement gathering for a retiring mechanic earlier this year. It seems odd he would be on the property since I've not seen any others come in.

Looking over his materials and his website, it seems like his focus is on fixed income annuities.

Did anyone speak with him or use him already as an advisor?

bob@las-AA said:
Index funds are better, after paying fees for every 1k they manage, your better off eating his free food and consider yourself ahead.
Got a Suntrust annuity few years back I didn't know what I was doing big mistake. My own fault. Know what you are getting into. 

Well, I didn't eat his food. It was subs and chips, nothing really that tasty. My wife's packed lunch for me looked more appetizing!

Bob, I'm with you on index funds, specifically Vanguard.

Agreed, people shouldn't invest in something they don't understand, Worldport, but it's happened to all of us at one time or another. I did something similar with life insurance when I was young and wised up quickly.

Just curious if anyone thought this was weird to have someone on the property pushing this stuff. Maybe free food is the ticket to get inside?

Latest posts