Freesom alliance

Garfield1966

Veteran
Apr 7, 2003
Texas
Some people were talking about this charity at work and I did some searching. Here are the tax returns for 2007. I'm not the best at reading these things but from what I can tell they either took in $10 million or $19 million and only gave out $879 thousand.

Out of $7 million in expenses they paid over a million for postage, a million for publications, $700k on wages too name just a few.

2007 Tax return

2008 seemed to be a bit better but not too much. Looks like they took in $8 million and gave out $1.3 million. The wasteful expenses seemed to be consistent.

2008 return

I have long been leery of charities. I prefer to donate time. I have helped on several habitat homes. The idea of giving cash to line someone elses pocket does not appeal to me. I am starting to wonder if most charities are like this.

You have done a service fo all of us. Picking a charity to support financially requires a great deal of due dililgence in order to be certain that your hard earned money is well spent as intended.

One group that is above reproach is the Salvation Army.

There are a lot of top heavy charities.
Here is one that I support in the Bay Area:

Second Harvest Food Bank

You can donate food, money and/or time in stocking and distribution.

B) xUT

What I do not know is how to verify that they do what they say. This Freedom Alliance group claims to give most of the money raised to charity as well but from their tax form it's obvious that they do not. If you go to their site there is a link on the left side for "Charity Navigator" that rates charities. They gave Freedom a high marks. How I do not know.

I decided a while ago that I will not donate money, only time or goods.

I also discovered today that Oliver North was the founder of this charity and that Sean Hannity lends his name to this organization as well. They should be ashamed of them selves. North especially since he was former military.

What I do not know is how to verify that they do what they say. This Freedom Alliance group claims to give most of the money raised to charity as well but from their tax form it's obvious that they do not. If you go to their site there is a link on the left side for "Charity Navigator" that rates charities. They gave Freedom a high marks. How I do not know.

I decided a while ago that I will not donate money, only time or goods.

I also discovered today that Oliver North was the founder of this charity and that Sean Hannity lends his name to this organization as well. They should be ashamed of them selves. North especially since he was former military.

Yes, I agree. These 'charities' should be removed from tax protected status if they can not achieve at least a 75% donation and less than 25% 'administration' ratio.

There are numerous faux charities that bleed money for administration.

Kind of like our gooberment... :lol:

B) xUT

I have long been leery of charities. I prefer to donate time. I have helped on several habitat homes. The idea of giving cash to line someone elses pocket does not appeal to me. I am starting to wonder if most charities are like this.

You have to remember that Liberals don’t give to charity, so in order to feel better about their selfishness, they must force government to steal my money and give it to their causes. Case in point, the massive entitlement crap sandwich that got shoved up my a$$ tonight.

I don MY mask before helping others.