Frontier Air could face serious cash crunch

Frontier is DOOMED unless it merges with another LCC and does it quickly.
Princess,
Maybe you're right. But there is very little differentiation between any of the airlines in the current industry environment in terms of LCC dynamics, therefore, maybe the ideal merger would be with the biggest LCC....UAL. Just think TED and Frontier merge and become the largest LCC to feed the largest International network in the world. Sorry Mr. Fish, I know you would not like to see this scenerio play out.

PREDICTION!!

When the industry cycles back for the legacy carriers after the shakeout is over and after all the restructuring has happened and they are flush with $$$ once more, look for the group who created this mess to be gobbled up by the "Big Boys". SWA will remain, however. HP/US, if they come thru the merger OK, will also remain.

Just a wild prediction, here.

C54Capt Say "Just think TED and Frontier merge and become the largest LCC to feed the largest International network in the world. Sorry Mr. Fish, I know you would not like to see this scenerio play out."

Your right there Capt, not under any circumstances would I EVEN think of working for ANY part of UniTED again. I'd just have to take that early retirment and move on down to Coata Rica early. Maybe for a hobby besides coffee I could open an FBO. :up:

C54Capt Say "Just think TED and Frontier merge and become the largest LCC to feed the largest International network in the world. Sorry Mr. Fish, I know you would not like to see this scenerio play out."

Your right there Capt, not under any circumstances would I EVEN think of working for ANY part of UniTED again. I'd just have to take that early retirment and move on down to Coata Rica early. Maybe for a hobby besides coffee I could open an FBO. :up:

I still like the coffee idea.

Hmm...Frontier is hiring in many areas yet they are in financial trouble. I've applied there but I'm wondering if it's a high risk to go there if hired.

Hmm...Frontier is hiring in many areas yet they are in financial trouble. I've applied there but I'm wondering if it's a high risk to go there if hired.

ANY carrier has a substantial amount of risk these days..even gloriuos AMR and under-the-radar CO. If you have chosen the airline industry, you have already chosen "high risk". It sure is exciting, though, if your stomach can handle it!

F9 has its 'challenges' ahead but what carrier doesn't?

ANY carrier has a substantial amount of risk these days..even gloriuos AMR and under-the-radar CO. If you have chosen the airline industry, you have already chosen "high risk". It sure is exciting, though, if your stomach can handle it!

F9 has its 'challenges' ahead but what carrier doesn't?

I agree Ch 12. I was in the industry 19 years and left for the past 6. Since I'm self employed, I have more to think about than the average applicant. The job offer would have to be worth it for me to close up the business, move from God's Country to the Urban Jungle (in this case DEN).I wasn't even thinking of returning until I got a call from UPS wondering if I'd be interested in being in their hiring pool (no job opening yet). That got me curious and I started looking around so I saw a couple of jobs at F9 I'd like to consider. As far as "risk" goes UPS is a much better bet. In fact, most 121 pax carriers are very high risk right now as you pointed out. I'm mainly shopping in the freight/regionals right now. I might just stay put doing what I'm doing, too. I came on here to get the latest scoop, and I'm sure learning some things.

What do you do in the airline industry? I'll help if its in my specialty.

C54Capt,
Well......I've actually done quite a few things. Most recently has been Training and Tech Pubs. But I've also done Line and Shop Maintenance, Cleaning and Ground Ops. Currently I'm in Sales and Body Work.

C54Capt,
Well......I've actually done quite a few things. Most recently has been Training and Tech Pubs. But I've also done Line and Shop Maintenance, Cleaning and Ground Ops. Currently I'm in Sales and Body Work.
If you own a successful business I would find it difficult to advise you to give it up for any airline position with any airline. However, if you dislike your business and have a passion for the airline industry, I think Frontier is as secure as most successful LCCs. If you are on the fence, I would wait until the Iran thing blows over before entering the airline gig again.

FWIW, most everyone at Frontier loves their job. The employees are treated well and it is a wonderful environment to work in. I left a great executive management position several years ago to join the airline industry, and though I'll never make the big bucks again, I have never looked back and am very much enjoying life.

If you own a successful business I would find it difficult to advise you to give it up for any airline position with any airline. However, if you dislike your business and have a passion for the airline industry, I think Frontier is as secure as most successful LCCs. If you are on the fence, I would wait until the Iran thing blows over before entering the airline gig again.

FWIW, most everyone at Frontier loves their job. The employees are treated well and it is a wonderful environment to work in. I left a great executive management position several years ago to join the airline industry, and though I'll never make the big bucks again, I have never looked back and am very much enjoying life.

I love my business. However I'm living hand-to-mouth never knowing when my next dollar will come in. I'm considering returning to get more firmly established financially again. I'm glad to hear that F9 is a great place to work. That's one of the things I came to the boards to learn. Yes, I'm on the fence, very much so. I may wait it out as you say. I'm just running me resume up the flagpole and see who salutes it at this point.

I see a merger with JetBlue being more in line. Afterall, both are Airbus players, both offer only one class, and there is little overlap in route system.