Frontier Losing Ground

C54Capt said:
Mr. Fish,

It looks like this thread has run its course. Time to start a new one, as the October numbers have been posted and it looks like F9's performance now resembles an Indian Summer. Also, I think that F9's relatively strong performance in the September quarter has taken the wind out of the sails of the naysayers.

Finally, I do not share your wish for the demise of United as I have several friends and previous coworkers that depend on UAL for their livelihood. I also think that UAL is the ideal competitor for F9, providing for an environment both can succeed in. I would reccomend that you make amends with Fly and Busdrvr so that an intelligent and informative discussion can prevail.
[post="198465"][/post]​

Mr. C54Capt. ,

Unlike you, I don't think Mr. Fish has any friends at United. Even though he worked there a few years, I think his fellow employees probably hated him...gee I wonder why? That's why he has so much venom for United employees, nobody could stand to be around him.

I think any reasonable person reading his posts realizes he has some sort of personality disorder. Unfortunately, he is unable to recognize it himself.

C54Capt said:
Mr. Fish,

It looks like this thread has run its course. Time to start a new one, as the October numbers have been posted and it looks like F9's performance now resembles an Indian Summer. Also, I think that F9's relatively strong performance in the September quarter has taken the wind out of the sails of the naysayers.

Finally, I do not share your wish for the demise of United as I have several friends and previous coworkers that depend on UAL for their livelihood. I also think that UAL is the ideal competitor for F9, providing for an environment both can succeed in. I would reccomend that you make amends with Fly and Busdrvr so that an intelligent and informative discussion can prevail.
[post="198465"][/post]​

C54, good thoughts!! :up: I'll add one thought though, we won't know the "real" story on this Q until the end of the fiscal year. For example, it is "legal" to count fuel costs as an assumed amount, with the actual amount being significantly higher. the diff is usually "fixed" at EOY.

If the LF isn't what you expect after 6 months of service than yes it is smart to drop it. We do better flying passengers out of Denver exclusively anyway. I am sure that the Legacy Carriers fly MORE flights that are un-profitable but aren't smart enough to drop them and regroup, HENCE THE MASSIVE BLEEDING!

mrfish3726 said:
If the LF isn't what you expect after 6 months of service than yes it is smart to drop it. We do better flying passengers out of Denver exclusively anyway. I am sure that the Legacy Carriers fly MORE flights that are un-profitable but aren't smart enough to drop them and regroup, HENCE THE MASSIVE BLEEDING!
[post="202791"][/post]​

mrfish3726 posted Nov.5 :blink:

[[ Looks like the LF is doing just fine here dude! We'll see what those 4Q results have to say about who is healthier as a company. So far your doom and gloom of how screwed F9 is hasn't come true. State of the airline here is pretty good really. Everyone here is VERY optimistic about what the NEW YEAR will bring. We won't face the same realities that you will be facing AGAIN here before the holidays. Remember BUSDRVR have a great X-MAS and a VERY HAPPY NEW YEAR!!! ]] :blink: