Frontier Ramp chooses TWU

Is the announcement for the outsourcing in Denver include the newly organized ramp workers?

Swissport will take over the airport operations work. Nashville-based Sitel is the new contractor for Frontier reservations in Denver and Milwaukee.
According to Swissport's website, the company provides ground handling and cargo services to carriers including Aeroméxico, Air Canada, Alaska Airlines, American Airlines, British Airways, Delta Air Lines, ExpressJet Airlines, FedEx, Go Jet, Icelandair, Lufthansa, SkyWest Airlines, Southwest Airlines, United Airlines, UPS, US Airways and Volaris.
Swissport USA also provides ramp and passenger services for Frontier in Chicago, Anchorage, Orange County, Calif., Omaha, St. Louis, Cleveland, Albuquerque, San Francisco and Los Angeles.

http://www.denverpost.com/business/ci_27334589/frontier-outsource-denver-airport-ramp-reservations-work?source=rss

"This announcement isn't about job losses at the airport as our business partner will begin hiring many of our employees," said Frontier spokesman Todd Lehmacher. "Hiring will be up to the business partner. Our hope is that many will continue on. These employees have the knowledge of the Frontier operation and the skills needed to make the transition a successful one."

Just at a much lower hourly wage.  We, of course, expect them to stay on at the "just above slave" wages  to make sure there is a seamless transition.  Then and only then will their jobs be eliminated.

Cynical?  Moi?  How could you say such a thing?

Reactions: 2 people
Frontier: Employee Cuts ‘Crucial’ To Cost-Cutting Moves

DENVER (CBS4) – In another round of belt-tightening becoming all too familiar at airlines, Frontier essentially laid off 1,100 employees in Denver on Friday.
The Denver-based discount airline told the employees they could reapply for their jobs through outsourced contract positions.
In a statement, Frontier said the cuts are “crucial for Frontier to successfully compete in the marketplace as an ultra-low cost carrier.”
It added: “Low fares are only achieved through low costs.”
The airline said it hopes many of those employees will continue to keep their jobs through their new business partnership. If they don’t, they will be offered a severance package.
Meanwhile, on Friday the airline issued employees generalized pamphlets on how to cope with the grief of losing a job, noting that it’s common to feel shock, sadness, anger and loss of control.

This sucks...
B) xUT

Reactions: 1 person
On March 11, 1994, the Union was certified as the exclusive bargaining agent for certain aircraft maintenance personnel of the Airline.   After commencing collective bargaining under the provisions of the RLA, but prior to reaching an agreement, the Airline unilaterally changed certain terms of employment pertaining to the bargaining unit.   The Union sought a preliminary injunction prohibiting the changes on the ground that the RLA requires each of the parties engaged in collective bargaining to maintain the status quo until dispute resolution under the RLA is completed.   In AMFA I, we affirmed the district court's denial of preliminary injunctive relief. -

See more at: http://caselaw.findlaw.com/us-2nd-circuit/1195307.html#sthash.HQlwBKu9.nsjElYwD.dpuf

NYer said:
Is the announcement for the outsourcing in Denver include the newly organized ramp workers?
Since the date posted on the new ramp TWU representation is dated 7-10-2014 and the outsourcing was just announced in the past few days, I would have to say yes, this has taken place while under the representation of the wonderful TWU.  

Thanks to AMFA losing the ACA case has set precedent that a newly organized group is not u see status quo provisions.

swamt said:
Since the date posted on the new ramp TWU representation is dated 7-10-2014 and the outsourcing was just announced in the past few days, I would have to say yes, this has taken place while under the representation of the wonderful TWU.  
I guess you prefer to ignore the possible case setting precedent that AMFA initiated that perhaps will allow this to happen? Shame, shame, shame on their foolishness.

WeAAsles said:
I guess you prefer to ignore the possible case setting precedent that AMFA initiated that perhaps will allow this to happen? Shame, shame, shame on their foolishness.
Not ignoring anything.  What case setting precedent are you talking about? Was not aware of anything.

700UW said:
Thanks to AMFA losing the ACA case has set precedent that a newly organized group is not u see status quo provisions.

WeAAsles said:

Frick & Frack,

Nice spin. Yea, blame AMFA, GOD forbid you put any blame on the gooberment system that
systemically hamstrings unions at every opportunity.
Certainly don't blame the companies that take advantage of their employees.
Just blame AMFA for trying to protect their membership in court.
Your industrial unions have such a hard on for AMFA I wouldn't;t doubt that they supported
the ruling just to attempt to make AMFA look as the villain do they could sit on their a$$, do nothing and point fingers.
Just like you unionistas cheer-leading NWA as they took AMFA down (with the help of unions).

Yea just blame AMFA.
I'll let my best friend know when he was laid off from his company when it was sold
disbanding his union and the next day they opened with a new name and hired him for 30% less.

You industrial union guys suck!

B) xUT