Fun contest! Guess where NWA's next "incident" will be!

This somewhat reminds me of a fond board game I use to play called CLUE, im sure many here remember it.

Whodunit? Where? With What? Was it Colonel Mustard in the Conservatory with the candlestick?... Nay, I tell you it was PTO in Detroit with a torque wrench. :shock:

i must say that there could be a lot of problems with NWA especially if that plane did leave without the pressurization being fixed. Glad no one was seriously injured. As for the next destination for an emrgence landing, I'd say may be LAX with hydralic problems, no nose gear!

This somewhat reminds me of a fond board game I use to play called CLUE, im sure many here remember it.

Whodunit? Where? With What? Was it Colonel Mustard in the Conservatory with the candlestick?... Nay, I tell you it was PTO in Detroit with a torque wrench. :shock:

NO, NO, NO It was PTO two whole days later on the engine change, with some mel tape! :up:

I don't want to rob Kev and Robbed of their prizes but as you can read in the article the nwa spin doctor Breest was in fine form. Note no use of the word "emergency". So does this count toward the contest?? After all it was just one of those "normal incidents". Those happen everyday. Or was the contest for published incidents of any kind? If I'm wrong I'll lay the prize at Kev's feet. :rolleyes:

This is one contest where the real prize would have been if none of us ever won....

By the way, the flight left today-18+ hours late-but at least it'll count toward the ever important "completion factor." :down:

(sigh) For round two, I'll go with Fargo, and just to add a fun twist, I'll go with Minister of Propaganda Jennifer Bagdade as my pick to give the usual "normal incident" speech.

This is one contest where the real prize would have been if none of us ever won....

By the way, the flight left today-18+ hours late-but at least it'll count toward the ever important "completion factor." :down:
(sigh) For round two, I'll go with Fargo, and just to add a fun twist, I'll go with Minister of Propaganda Jennifer Bagdade as my pick to give the usual "normal incident" speech.

Kev, thanks for the update on the status of the flight.

I agree with you on your first comment - and I'd add that the ultimate prize would be bringing back all of the striking technicians and for all of the scabs to be shown the door!

This time, I'll pick MKE and it'll be due to an IFSD (In Flight Shut Down) on a DC-9 because some scab forgot to put the oil cap back on after he serviced an engine :wacko:

we dont want to have an accident resultingin death or injuries. this thread is simply about where will the next incident occur which is an emergence landing or an aborted take off.
;) I would say the real idiots are the pax riding this airline for a cheap ticket with out a real mintenance program in place. JMHO!

This thread is a quasi-death pool and you posters are colossal idiots for such speculation.
Theres quite a difference between desire and expectation. While we don't desire an incident we do certainly expect them to happen. Given the frequency of the incidents this thread seems like a natural outcropping of those expectations. So lets "play" in the spirit it was intended...switch to decaf and lighten up a little WKoFH.

Theres quite a difference between desire and expectation. While we don't desire an incident we do certainly expect them to happen. Given the frequency of the incidents this thread seems like a natural outcropping of those expectations. So lets "play" in the spirit it was intended...switch to decaf and lighten up a little WKoFH.

Of course you are correct, as are all reasonable sorts, but it is no use. No debate possible with this long-time ( dud ) barb-throwing troll. It's just another ( dud ) hit and run attack disguised as meaningful discussion. This internet git never fails to dump on every labor group at every airline except UAL...long before this twerp used a UAL inspired avatar. Trolling twins with "dc3fanatic": Drop by to throw a dart...and run. Never a debate, nor follow up.

With the recent occurances of "normal" emergency landings, aborted takeoffs, diversions, etc. that NWA has encountered in the past few weeks, I thought that it would be a good idea for someone to start a thread in which we could speculate where the next "incident" will happen.
One thing that I would find interesting is the statistics on the number of official FAA documented "incidents" that are occurring now vs. pre-strike. I've checked the FAA Accident/Incident Data System (AIDS). There is only one entry in there for NWA in 2006, so I'm assuming there is a reporting lag before these incedents get included in this database. When enough time has passed that the lag is caught up, this appears to be the only place where a person can truly determine the increase/decrease in safety at NWA since August 2005. Otherwise, everything is anecdotal and at the whim of selective reporting, both pre-strike and post-strike.

Does anyone know how long the lag is on the FAA website, and how complete the final information ends up being? Just to give a scale, there was a total of 16 incident reports for NWA in 2004 detailed on that website. Does this sound about right?

If anyone's interested, here's the link to the query tool that can be used to pull incidents by airline by time period.
http://www.nasdac.faa.gov/portal/page?_pag...;_schema=PORTAL

Latest posts