Fun contest! Guess where NWA's next "incident" will be!

I can't believe this was started almost a year and a half ago! Speaking in the future, it still holds true today. Do we want to talk about the 'incident' they catch, or those that are swept under the rug? The breaches of security alone are mind boggling!

There are two words that describe the new NW employees...F*C* UPS!

I can't believe this was started almost a year and a half ago! Speaking in the future, it still holds true today. Do we want to talk about the 'incident' they catch, or those that are swept under the rug? The breaches of security alone are mind boggling!

There are two words that describe the new NW employees...F*C* UPS!

Well, per the rules of this contest, in order to win a round, there must be a published (or aired) article on a particular incident....

Having said that, feel free to share any and all "swept under the rug" incidents. :)

From last weekend (for those of you who still care about NWA's safety performance)...

http://kstp.com/article/stories/S89138.shtml

NWA flight makes emergency landing

CHEEKTOWAGA, N.Y. (AP) - A Northwest Airlines flight made an emergency landing at Buffalo Niagara International Airport Friday.

A 12-inch hole opened up in the plane's fuselage, Niagara Frontier Transportation Authority officials said.

Northwest Airlines Flight 1411 experienced a loss of cabin pressure and smoke filled the cockpit during a flight between Syracuse and Detroit, airport spokesman Doug Hartmayer said.

The airport went on alert, and the plane landed safely with 95 people aboard.

The hole in the plane's hull was found after it landed.

Eagan-based Northwest Airlines Corp. issued a statement saying it was conducting an internal review. The airline said it brought in another plane from Detroit, and the passengers arrived in Detroit from Buffalo at 6:15 p.m. Northwest said it apologized to them for the inconvenience.

Clearing my mind a bit...Happy New Year btw...I had to remember and research the article, because something needs to be noted. Same article but read this, because this is what I remember reading and I know this to be true...

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,277741,00.html

Now here is what sticks out-

The ground crew working in Syracuse for Northwest Airlines is employed by Air Wisconsin, the nation's largest independently held regional airline, which also provides ground handling services for United Airlines. Air Wisconsin spokeswoman Barb Jones did not immediately return a phone call seeking comment.

Maybe my info is wrong but I heard Air Wisconsin is responsible for all ground handling airlines out of Syracuse. Now it gets weird, because I've seen NW crews doing ground services, counter and gate service, and baggage claim. They also seem to be distinguishible as far as which outfit various airlines crews wear. My thought may be that Air Wisconsin is like a Rent-A-Scab, or NW pays less than AW! Either way the people who work the counters only don't seem like happy campers!

Clearing my mind a bit...Happy New Year btw...I had to remember and research the article, because something needs to be noted. Same article but read this, because this is what I remember reading and I know this to be true...

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,277741,00.html

Now here is what sticks out-

The ground crew working in Syracuse for Northwest Airlines is employed by Air Wisconsin, the nation's largest independently held regional airline, which also provides ground handling services for United Airlines. Air Wisconsin spokeswoman Barb Jones did not immediately return a phone call seeking comment.

Maybe my info is wrong but I heard Air Wisconsin is responsible for all ground handling airlines out of Syracuse. Now it gets weird, because I've seen NW crews doing ground services, counter and gate service, and baggage claim. They also seem to be distinguishible as far as which outfit various airlines crews wear. My thought may be that Air Wisconsin is like a Rent-A-Scab, or NW pays less than AW! Either way the people who work the counters only don't seem like happy campers!

My info tells me that there are No Northwest employees in some hubs. This is a type of airline privatization. Maybe there is a NW presence in management, but who knows. Air Wisconsin does not fly in or out of the hub mentioned in the article. Don't know if they are union, but they are much, much underpaid, compared to their predecessors. AW seems to lease out it's airline services, thus carrying the burden of whatever happens, like the hole in the fuselage.

Since they are not NW employees, I guess the hole doesn't count. Neither does the fact that 2 employees were fired for smoking in NW's breakroom rather than in front of terminal. There are all sort of rumors surrounding the incident from the room was filled with smoke to their was a small fire. Either way the alarms sounded and the firecrews arrived. With this major violation, termination is inevitable. :( I really don't want to see anyone lose their job, but for God's sake, use common sense!!!

My info tells me that there are No Northwest employees in some hubs. This is a type of airline privatization. Maybe there is a NW presence in management, but who knows. Air Wisconsin does not fly in or out of the hub mentioned in the article. Don't know if they are union, but they are much, much underpaid, compared to their predecessors. AW seems to lease out it's airline services, thus carrying the burden of whatever happens, like the hole in the fuselage.

Since they are not NW employees, I guess the hole doesn't count. Neither does the fact that 2 employees were fired for smoking in NW's breakroom rather than in front of terminal. There are all sort of rumors surrounding the incident from the room was filled with smoke to their was a small fire. Either way the alarms sounded and the firecrews arrived. With this major violation, termination is inevitable. :( I really don't want to see anyone lose their job, but for God's sake, use common sense!!!

An Air Wisconsin employee, who handles NW in SYR "tapped" the side of the plane with the bag cart and told his co worker not to say anything. Plane departed and made the emergency landing. I believe both were terminated. Did not hear the smokin' story. You are right about the current counter/gate/ramp handlers being underpaid.... $8.00 hr to load bags in our lovely NY winter when Mickey D's in the terminal starts at $10. So the airlines are getting the people that can't get hired at a fast food joint...

An Air Wisconsin employee, who handles NW in SYR "tapped" the side of the plane with the bag cart and told his co worker not to say anything. Plane departed and made the emergency landing. I believe both were terminated. Did not hear the smokin' story. You are right about the current counter/gate/ramp handlers being underpaid.... $8.00 hr to load bags in our lovely NY winter when Mickey D's in the terminal starts at $10. So the airlines are getting the people that can't get hired at a fast food joint...

Its just a matter of time before the cost cutting bites bigtime.

OK, I double checked this incident to make sure that it was current... :)

http://www1.wsvn.com/news/articles/local/MI73650/

Plane makes emergency landing at MIA

Video: Plane makes emergency landing at MIA (If you watch the video, you'll see fuel streaming from the #2 engine on landing!)
MIAMI (WSVN) -- A scare in the sky for hundreds of people aboard a plane that made an emergency landing at Miami International Airport Wednesdsay afternoon.

A Northwest Airlines plane en-route to Detroit from San Juan, Puerto Rico made an emergency landing in Miami because of a fuel leak.

Fire Rescue crews at the airport surrounded the aircraft and immediately foamed it down as a precaution.

None of the 118 people onboard were hurt.

Who picked MIA?

United uses the same AW. I see NW and UA employees at each other's counter.

The smoking incident not only has been confirmed, but apparently was going on for sometime. Let me clarify-a fire did start when an employee disposed of a lit cig. Two were fired. Apparently this smoking in their breakroom has been going on because a few times Crash Rescue showed up to try to find where a report of smoke in the area came from. Many got blamed, but NOBODY even considered NWA, or AW.

OK fellow posters,.............here I go.

Back when this thread first started, I "put my two cents In".

I respect all you guys/gals on this BIG RED board.

However(and It's just my lil' ol' opinion), I'm (now) hesitant about this thread.....I guess because of the recent BA 777.

I guess I'm sayin', that I'd HATE MYSELF in the MORNING, if I made a "crack", then "something" did happen.

(Again, just my humble opinion)