Fun contest! Guess where NWA's next "incident" will be!

OK fellow posters,.............here I go.

Back when this thread first started, I "put my two cents In".

I respect all you guys/gals on this BIG RED board.

However(and It's just my lil' ol' opinion), I'm (now) hesitant about this thread.....I guess because of the recent BA 777.

I guess I'm sayin', that I'd HATE MYSELF in the MORNING, if I made a "crack", then "something" did happen.

(Again, just my humble opinion)
And everyone is certainly entitled to an opinion.

Let's see I'll go with FAR. nose/landing gear.

Tho I feel a little ripped off on this game, I know it has to make the paper in order to count, (think the news is tired of reporting them) so many don't hit the papers like this one:

http://av-info.faa.gov/isdr/LongFormView.a...n=NWAA080135515
then fire and rescue had to be called.
http://av-info.faa.gov/isdr/LongFormView.a...n=NWAA080065515

Then you got the flight crews asking to be met with emergency vehicles like this one:
http://av-info.faa.gov/isdr/LongFormView.a...n=NWAA080039751

The odds of e landings are high, the odds of it making the news papers not so high anymore.

OK fellow posters,.............here I go.

Back when this thread first started, I "put my two cents In".

I respect all you guys/gals on this BIG RED board.

However(and It's just my lil' ol' opinion), I'm (now) hesitant about this thread.....I guess because of the recent BA 777.

I guess I'm sayin', that I'd HATE MYSELF in the MORNING, if I made a "crack", then "something" did happen.

(Again, just my humble opinion)

Tough ####!

All airlines are extending their maintenance programs to save money based on the 'no one died' history!
Of course this history has been built on decades of maintenance oversight, but it done madder TaDay?

Just ask your alpo rep, ting be jus fine-N-chit..... :p

UT

Tho I feel a little ripped off on this game, I know it has to make the paper in order to count, (think the news is tired of reporting them) so many don't hit the papers like this one:

The odds of e landings are high, the odds of it making the news papers not so high anymore.

How do you think I feel?! :lol:

Lots of RTFL's and diverts in WorldFlight that "don't count," because they never make it to print.

Tough ####!

All airlines are extending their maintenance programs to save money based on the 'no one died' history!
Of course this history has been built on decades of maintenance oversight, but it done madder TaDay?

Just ask your alpo rep, ting be jus fine-N-chit..... :p

UT

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"TECH"

WHOA, easy brother,
I certainly HEAR what your sayin, and Agree with You.

Trust me. I was in NO WAY trying to change anyones mind, as far as the threasd is conerned.
NONEWHATSOEVER !

Just stating a single lowley opinion !

How do you think I feel?! :lol:

Lots of RTFL's and diverts in WorldFlight that "don't count," because they never make it to print.
Really true. Why is it that after you go through Detroit with a "minor" maintenance issue you usually break "on the way" or when you land at some airport where there is a rent-a-mechanic with a beeper?

I came across this on another site, unfortunately it's in Japanese.

http://headlines.yahoo.co.jp/hl?a=20080124-00000911-san-soci

"the article states that at 0:20 am on 1/24, a NW B747 freighter flying CAN-KIX-ANC suffered an accident and burst 8 tires. Therefore the aircraft canceled its departure. According to Japan's ministry of transportation and NW, The aircraft arrived for a refueling stop from CAN at 10:30 pm on the 24th. It then left its gate (spot) at 11:50 pm and tried to take-off but its engines were functioning properly so it canceled its departure. But on the plane had to make an abrupt stop and bursted 8 tires when stopping."

About 2 weeks ago, does anybody have the lowdown on the A319 that returned to DTW immediately after
t/o and upon landing lost the fan cowls on the runway from one engine? And then a 757 landing after it ran over one and damaged 4 tires?
:shock:

soundslike the scbas forgot to lock the fan cowls on to the plane prior to return to service. 2 planes damaged in one day whew must be scaryy times for nwa pax

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"TECH"

WHOA, easy brother,
I certainly HEAR what your sayin, and Agree with You.

Trust me. I was in NO WAY trying to change anyones mind, as far as the threasd is conerned.
NONEWHATSOEVER !

Just stating a single lowley opinion !

NHBB,

Not to be harsh at you either :up:

But 'It is what it is!"

I've been in this industry for 30+ years and have seen the 'lets do it cheap' ramifications and it aint pretty.

A few bloody noses due to pressurization problems won't stop NWA from completing its flight. Anything to keep from having to declare another emergerncy landing...

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/chronicle/5591012.html

Some suffer nose bleeds during flight to Houston

About six passengers on an incoming airline flight were checked out by paramedics today shortly after the plane landed at Bush Intercontinental Airport, authorities said.

The passengers complained of headaches after Northwest Airlines Flight 1184 experienced mechanical problems, an airline spokesman said.

"It was having pressurization problems in route," said Dean Breest, with Northwest Airlines. "There was no emergency declared."

According to initial reports, some passengers on the flight that originated in Detroit had nose bleeds, Houston Fire Department officials said.

"It was nothing serious," said HFD Assistant Chief Jack Williams.

The airplane landed about 11:30 a.m. without any problems and caused no disruption to operations, a spokesman for the city's airport system said.