Fun contest! Guess where NWA's next "incident" will be!

Did anybody pick SFO?

Link

From the article...

Then, around 1 p.m. Saturday, the right-side engine of a Northwest Airlines flight caught fire shortly after takeoff. An eyewitness who contacted The Chronicle reported seeing two fireballs shoot from the engine as the plane left.

Airport Duty Manager Dan D'Innocenti said the fire was quickly extinguished once the crew shut off the engine. The flight - also bound for Chicago, with roughly 110 passengers - returned to the airport and taxied back to the terminal.

"Once the fire was out, it was not a problem," D'Innocenti said.

Just for a laugh...

A former NWA employee works in my department and well, we share the mishaps of the outsourcers. Comedy behind the scenes, if you will.

He told me that NWA pilots are complaining because nobody is at the gate to guide the jet in. They are out smoking, daydreaming, watching tv, etc., as the ac waits to be guided at the gate. One ac waited for quite awhile, he said. I really didn't believe it and thought it was just a crock.

Then I saw a United(that is also serviced by the outsourcers) waiting for close to five minutes facing the gate. And nobody was there.

Now this wouldn't be a problem, would it? :lol:

"Once the fire was out, it was not a problem," D'Innocenti said.[/i]

Uhhh, except for all the people that were now stuck in SFO, the workers that had to reroute everything/everyone, and so on...

Nevertheless, that's a great quote. Definitely in the traditional vein of NW sound bites. Forget being an airport duty manager; this guy has a bright future in NW's ministry of propaganda.

Somewhere Jennifer Bagdade has a single tear of joy streaming down her cheek.