Furloughed US Airways

USCREW

Veteran
Hi,

I get to see lots of our furloughed pilots and flight attendants non-revving on our shuttle flights. How is it going at JetBlue and when you are recalled, will you be coming back to US? Things seem to be happening very fast in PHX. Just curious...bet you must have mixed feelings. :huh:

Hi,

I get to see lots of our furloughed pilots and flight attendants non-revving on our shuttle flights. How is it going at JetBlue and when you are recalled, will you be coming back to US? Things seem to be happening very fast in PHX. Just curious...bet you must have mixed feelings. :huh:

Happening very fast in PHX? What would that be? Management cashing in or future plans to get rid of the B737's? ;)

The jetBlue pilots would most likely be smart to hang on to jetBlue as long as possible, in my estimation.

Our payscales are widely known, our reserve system is horrendously...bad... :)

Yea, things are happening fast...

SoftLanding

Is it really so much better over there? Not trying to start a flamewar, just curious.

Let me check.... line holding Captain on the 320 at over $120 per hour ($180 over 70 hours)16 to 18 days off, 3% 401K match, 15% discount on stock + stock options vs. junior F/O on on reserve (you fill in the amount) No matching 401K and union dues to boot. I'll be back as soon as they call. :D

Is it really so much better over there? Not trying to start a flamewar, just curious.

The problem for me is that if I return it would be a HUGE paycut. It would be ten plus years to upgrade then another 5-7 on reserve. It would almost be time to retire at that point. At best, right now my carrer expectations(at retirement)would be reserve Cpt on the 75.Not how I had hoped to live out my days in this biz for sure!!

The problem for me is that if I return it would be a HUGE paycut. It would be ten plus years to upgrade then another 5-7 on reserve. It would almost be time to retire at that point. At best, right now my carrer expectations(at retirement)would be reserve Cpt on the 75.Not how I had hoped to live out my days in this biz for sure!!
:D :D :D Stay where u are! US is still a mess and has along LONG way to go. My money is on Jetblue, too many labor and mgmt problems at US. Here's hoping JB expands more to the caribbean and latin america!!!

Staying....for as long as they will have me.

Any chance of me returning will be dashed by the pending seniority integration which will make a return to U a forgone conclusion. Since ALPA has shown such a propensity to take care of the furloughed guys......you know the deal.

Boomer

Arbitration is what will dictate the seniority list and effect furloughed (and all pilots)...not ALPA.

Until ALPA has a national seniority list (which will probably never happen) these mergered list will reflect the Arbs view of fair...vs, the fear and greed of each individual pilot and or the will of each pilot group.

Sadly these events are dictated by every man for himself attitudes. Even with your own airline there is very different views that are held onto like the holy grail.

IMHO

Any chance of me returning will be dashed by the pending seniority integration which will make a return to U a forgone conclusion. Since ALPA has shown such a propensity to take care of the furloughed guys......you know the deal.

Boomer

Boomer

The only wrench is should Jetblue be sold which is likly with consolidation, you would be stapled to the bottom of any list. So maybe USair might be more attractive.

Let me check.... line holding Captain on the 320 at over $120 per hour ($180 over 70 hours)16 to 18 days off, 3% 401K match, 15% discount on stock + stock options vs. junior F/O on on reserve (you fill in the amount) No matching 401K and union dues to boot. I'll be back as soon as they call. :D
I was under impression that a returning 14-15 year F/O would get around 15 to 16K per year put into a new retirement plan the company can not touch. (Unlike the last plan). Also you can still put the max in your 401k as well with no company match. You get your sick time back as well as a bulk of your vacation for your longevity. (I may me wrong however).

JetBlue and the pilot issue was discussed on June 21st on the town hall webcast. thehub.usairways.com. CLT summer town hall session. It was interesting to hear what Doug Parker had to say in response to a pilot's remark concerning the culture difference, the shortage issue, and the state of B6.

It was interesting to hear what Doug Parker had to say in response to a pilot's remark concerning the culture difference, the shortage issue, and the state of B6.

For those of us who can't log into The Hub, what did he have to say?

For those of us who can't log into The Hub, what did he have to say?
I hope I don't butcher the quote, but basically he was comparing the earning US had vs. B6's six cent per dollar loss and projected losses. The pilot made a remark about his furloughed US pilot friend who is at B6 . The friend said that the culture at B6 was great, that the management actually listen, and other nice things. DP said that we are "creaming" them, and our goal is to one day have his friend wanting to get back into US.

JetBlue and the pilot issue was discussed on June 21st on the town hall webcast. thehub.usairways.com. CLT summer town hall session. It was interesting to hear what Doug Parker had to say in response to a pilot's remark concerning the culture difference, the shortage issue, and the state of B6.

Parker talks and talks...What else is he going to say? "We're going to park B737 until the cows come home! Starting within 2 years, so tell your friends at JBLU to stay put"??? ;)

Just let us all remember, don't fall in love with him or anyone else of the management team, same goes for you guys at JetBlue...

President Reagan said; "Trust, but Verify"!

Parker is negotiating at every stop...Let's call a spade a spade...

That being said, the JBLU guys should do well over the next few years, maybe a union is needed for potential merger protection, though even that might not help.

SoftLanding

Latest posts