Furloughed US Airways

I basically look at it like this......

If I go back to U, I sit reserve for what, another 5 years. Then if I am lucky I can get an upgrade before I am 50. (and a lot of that depends on where I end up on the merged list). I might see left seat blockholder the last 5 years of my career. ( I started at U when I was 25) and end up in the top 500.......

or I can stay at Blue, stay in the left seat, stay a blockholder, and not look back.

I look at the staple thing this way.....I get stapled in the U/AWA deal for sure, or I get stapled IF Blue merges.

I will take my chances. Further, JB has a culture that would not fit well with a merger. Can it happen....sure. But will it? It is anyone's guess.

As far as U "creaming" JetBlue, where do we compete directly? We just started PIT and CLT is this month. Time will tell.

Nonetheless, I wish my buds at U the best. And thanks for all the rides to work.

Boomer

I basically look at it like this......

I look at the staple thing this way.....I get stapled in the U/AWA deal for sure, or I get stapled IF Blue merges.

Boomer

Boomer,

Why would you be stapled with U/AWA?

ALPA merger policy with (2) ALPA groups is Date of Hire.

If you're a US pilot, they may even 'Fence' off a portion of the wide-body jets for the US pilot list. For example, NWA/Republic - Roberts Award. If I had to guess, it will be a combination of career expectations when hired and DOH.

Boomer,

If you're a US pilot, they may even 'Fence' off a portion of the wide-body jets for the US pilot list. For example, NWA/Republic - Roberts Award. If I had to guess, it will be a combination of career expectations when hired and DOH.

Not true my friend. Not to be smart but go read your contract.

Boomer,

Alpa merger policy:

The merger representatives shall carefully weigh all the equities inherent in their merger situation. In joint session, the merger representatives should attempt to match equities to various methods of integration until a fair and equitable agreement is reached, keeping in mind the following goals, in no particular order:
a. Preserve jobs.
b. Avoid windfalls to either group at the expense of the other.
c. Maintain or improve pre merger pay and standard of living.
d. Maintain or improve pre merger pilot status.
e. Minimize detrimental changes to career expectations.

Boomer,

ahh, i think united changed that.

Come back to U?

I can't believe anyone would even ask the question.

What is there to come back to?

Any "policy" is non-binding. It will be considered along with other previously mentioned factors.

I am going back and wouldn't stay here at JB if you begged.

For those that know -- JB is not even close to a job as a real pilot at a real major.

My two cents.

Dog

:D :D :D Stay where u are! US is still a mess and has along LONG way to go. My money is on Jetblue, too many labor and mgmt problems at US. Here's hoping JB expands more to the caribbean and latin america!!!

It depends on how old you are where you should go.

If{ you are < 45

goto U

else
stay at blue
}

Latest posts