George Zimmerman/Trayvon Martin

tom barry

Veteran
Aug 20, 2011
This sad MESS, can turn on a dime at any moment.

As I read new reports about Martin, I'm forced to take a closer look.

In the end, I think ZIM will come up short for following Martin, which resulted in Martin's demise.

I'm gonna predict ZIM loses via a Civil Rights violation.

What say You ???????

So you just said in the manner of Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton, you prejudged the situation before learning the facts.
I'm not surprised in the least.

nbp-zimmerman-e1332652972903.jpg

Reactions: 1 person
I think the bigger issue is the stand your ground law in FL. The law is fatally flawed. If you look at section 3 of the law it essentially says that I can follow someone in a public place and if that person turns on me and I feel threatened I can can use force including deadly force to save my self. Even though I initiated the pursuit, I can still claim that I felt threatened. The fact that justifiable homicides have tripled in FL seems to have skated under the radar on this one.

I do not know what happened in this case. There were no witnesses to what happened. No one knows who threw the first punch. It does seem clear that Zimmerman was following Martin even tho9ugh 911 dispatch said not too. If I were being followed by someone at night I am not sure what I would do.

If you read the law, the police had no reason to arrest much less detain Zimmerman. A kid gets shot and the shooter is not even out on bail? WTF??? The law either needs to be struck down or modified. I do not see how someone can pursue an individual and then claim to be threatened by the individual.

Reactions: 2 people
I think the bigger issue is the stand your ground law in FL. The law is fatally flawed. If you look at section 3 of the law it essentially says that I can follow someone in a public place and if that person turns on me and I feel threatened I can can use force including deadly force to save my self. Even though I initiated the pursuit, I can still claim that I felt threatened. The fact that justifiable homicides have tripled in FL seems to have skated under the radar on this one.

I do not know what happened in this case. There were no witnesses to what happened. No one knows who threw the first punch. It does seem clear that Zimmerman was following Martin even tho9ugh 911 dispatch said not too. If I were being followed by someone at night I am not sure what I would do.

If you read the law, the police had no reason to arrest much less detain Zimmerman. A kid gets shot and the shooter is not even out on bail? WTF??? The law either needs to be struck down or modified. I do not see how someone can pursue an individual and then claim to be threatened by the individual.

If the recent accounts are accurate and Zimmerman was attacked then young Mr. Martin is right where he belongs! In the cold hard ground. If not then we see what happens when a rush to judgement is made by politicians with an agenda.

In AL a few years back they reinstated the chain gang and property crime dropped 50%, until one enterprising prisoner filed suit claiming sexual discrimination because there was now Women's chain gang and the law was overturned. Another case of Federal Government meddling in States Rights.

IF you attack someone you have to be prepared for the often deadly consequences of such a decision. I'm a huge proponent of the Castle Doctrine which the underlying principle of most "Stand Your Ground" laws. However if FL's law goes to far this case will help get it to where it should be.

If the recent accounts are accurate and Zimmerman was attacked then young Mr. Martin is right where he belongs! In the cold hard ground. If not then we see what happens when a rush to judgement is made by politicians with an agenda.

In AL a few years back they reinstated the chain gang and property crime dropped 50%, until one enterprising prisoner filed suit claiming sexual discrimination because there was now Women's chain gang and the law was overturned. Another case of Federal Government meddling in States Rights.

IF you attack someone you have to be prepared for the often deadly consequences of such a decision. I'm a huge proponent of the Castle Doctrine which the underlying principle of most "Stand Your Ground" laws. However if FL's law goes to far this case will help get it to where it should be.

How do you go looking for trouble and then claim that you are feeling threatened? If someone is chasing me there is a good chance that if I am confronted I am going to fight back. If I start fighting back and winning I do not see how you can then claim that you feel threatened? You started it, I'm going to finish it if I am able.

As for the law, go read it. Look at section 3 and see how easy it is to abuse the law. That is why the justifiable homicide rate as tripled since the law was passed. This section has nothing to do with the castle doctrine, it has gone far beyond that. Oh hell. Here it is.

(3) A person who is not engaged in an unlawful activity and who is attacked in any other place where he or she has a right to be has no duty to retreat and has the right to stand his or her ground and meet force with force, including deadly force if he or she reasonably believes it is necessary to do so to prevent death or great bodily harm to himself or herself or another or to prevent the commission of a forcible felony.

All the legislatures and Bush are saying this is not what was intended. The road to hell comes to mind. Had they actually bothered to have the law reviewed by law enforcement , OH wait they did and they were against it. They screwed up big time.

So you just said in the manner of Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton, you prejudged the situation before learning the facts.
I'm not surprised in the least.

nbp-zimmerman-e1332652972903.jpg

Jesus dell, your slipping a bit (thats not like you)

I SAID, "I almost threw ZIM to the wolves"
(interpetation) I almost pre-judged him.
Had I pre-judged him I would have posted as such,...................but....delldude, I posted NOTHING.

I mean, ME being Shy is NOT in my repertoire !

I'm still gonna stand by my prediction......Civil Rights Violation.

Zim shouldn't have followed TM AFTER a VERBAL confrontation, leading then to a Physical confrontation. ZIM is NOT a COP !

How do you go looking for trouble and then claim that you are feeling threatened? If someone is chasing me there is a good chance that if I am confronted I am going to fight back. If I start fighting back and winning I do not see how you can then claim that you feel threatened? You started it, I'm going to finish it if I am able.

As for the law, go read it. Look at section 3 and see how easy it is to abuse the law. That is why the justifiable homicide rate as tripled since the law was passed. This section has nothing to do with the castle doctrine, it has gone far beyond that. Oh hell. Here it is.

All the legislatures and Bush are saying this is not what was intended. The road to hell comes to mind. Had they actually bothered to have the law reviewed by law enforcement , OH wait they did and they were against it. They screwed up big time.

I'm waiting for more to come out before I rush to judgement.

I'm far more concerned with other things then 2 people in FL.

The deaths of thousands of US Troops fighting undeclared Wars come to mind.

Some of us can multi task. We can care about more than one issue at a time. And just as a FYI, the issue is far greater than just those two. In 2010, a little under 15,000 people were murdered here in the US.

Jesus dell, your slipping a bit (thats not like you)

I SAID, "I almost threw ZIM to the wolves"
(interpetation) I almost pre-judged him.
Had I pre-judged him I would have posted as such,...................but....delldude, I posted NOTHING.

I mean, ME being Shy is NOT in my repertoire !

I'm still gonna stand by my prediction......Civil Rights Violation.

Zim shouldn't have followed TM AFTER a VERBAL confrontation, leading then to a Physical confrontation. ZIM is NOT a COP !
Consider -

If it is proven Z was attacked by TM (and it's starting to look that way), it really doesn't matter what Z was doing as long as he didn't start a physical altercation with the kid. Being attacked, he had every right to shoot the SOB, white, black, green, purple, or any other color one can think of.

Remember - the photos plastered all over the papers are of a child about 13 years old, not 17 and over six feet tall, wandering around in a neighborhood he didn't live in with a bag of (probably) stolen stuff and a screwdriver (probably to gain entry to houses) and dressed as the stereotypical black thug. With the probability of others being armed, the sensible thing to do was be polite. He had other brushes with the law also and now, the parents want sympathy because they raised a cretin.

I don't a see a conviction for anything but I do see Zimmerman having to leave the area to keep from getting killed by the Black Panthers.

wandering around in a neighborhood he didn't live in with a bag of (probably) stolen stuff and a screwdriver (probably to gain entry to houses) and dressed as the stereotypical black thug.

Where did you hear this?

Don't know about in the hood, but the dude got popped in school with tools of burglary, jewelry which of course wasn't his, and weed in his school bag.

The nieghborhood he was in that night was one belonged and he was carrying a bag of Skittles.

Consider -

If it is proven Z was attacked by TM (and it's starting to look that way), it really doesn't matter what Z was doing as long as he didn't start a physical altercation with the kid. Being attacked, he had every right to shoot the SOB, white, black, green, purple, or any other color one can think of.

Remember - the photos plastered all over the papers are of a child about 13 years old, not 17 and over six feet tall, wandering around in a neighborhood he didn't live in with a bag of (probably) stolen stuff and a screwdriver (probably to gain entry to houses) and dressed as the stereotypical black thug. With the probability of others being armed, the sensible thing to do was be polite. He had other brushes with the law also and now, the parents want sympathy because they raised a cretin.

I don't a see a conviction for anything but I do see Zimmerman having to leave the area to keep from getting killed by the Black Panthers.

YO CHUCKIE,....welcome to the cooler.

NO Way ZIM is getting off scot free because of his own words. (Chuckie, repeat after me)....(ZIM) He's looks BLACK. ...........I'm FOLLOWING him" !

Now we have a new ethnicity. "White Hispanic" ... :lol:

Honk Hispanic?
Where TOF when you need it? :lol:

Looking like the Brother a baaad man.

Suspended THREE times for drugs, truancy and graffiti and 'caught carrying a burglary tool': New picture emerges of Trayvon Martin (and did he attack a bus driver too?)

The teen was suspended from school three times
He was on suspension when he was shot in February, after officials caught him with a 'marijuana pipe' and a baggie with drug residue
Trayvon was kicked out of school in October for graffiti after he was allegedly caught with a 'burglary tool' and a bag full of women's jewelry
Officials also suspended him once for skipping school and tardiness
Tearful parents say their son is now the victim of a smear campaign
New poll shows 73 percent of Americans think Zimmerman should be arrested

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2120504/Trayvon-Martin-case-He-suspended-times-caught-burglary-tool.html#ixzz1qL8Icxhp

Reactions: 2 people

Latest posts