Glo-Bull Warming and Science

Really?   I have no control over how sovereign nations we should not worry about the the air/water/ground here?  That just stupid.  Technology we develop here can be used abroad.

I do.  Can I help you pack?

Science has never been wrong? Flat Earth mean anything. How about the sun revolving around the earth?

SparrowHawk said:
Science has never been wrong? Flat Earth mean anything. How about the sun revolving around the earth?
You think that was based on science?  lol  By the way, who were the folks telling Galileo that he was wrong?

Yes science has been wrong, is wrong on stuff now and will continue to be wrong on stuff.  That is the nature of science.  They are right on a whole lot more stuff than they are wrong on.  

MCI transplant said:
Has anyone noticed that the term "global warming" is not being used by he tree huggers as much  anymore! The term used now is "climate change"? ------- Why is that?  

Due to the fact that the facts supporting the theory didn't.

It changed about the same time those scientists got popped for rigging the data if you noticed...

Notice how Tree and 700 go running to NOAA who the article sited for altering data? LOL

SparrowHawk said:

Science in this case has been caught cooking the books......not some strange unexplained anomaly but deliberate actions for an agenda.

SparrowHawk said:
Just recently science discovered a huge ocean of water within the mantle. If I had said a year ago that there is water in mantle twice as much water that's in earth's oceans now. The same ppl here declaring glob warming is undisputed fact. Would say science long since proven the makeup of the mantle. then berate me endlessly..

Science is ever evolving. Global warming is based on computer models 20 years ago. Think about it. Those models were made on computers running state of the art operating system... Windows 3.1 unless they had the beta version of Windows 95.

SparrowHawk said:

YES REALLY and here is why I know this.

I live 41 miles away from center city Philadelphia. My car has to pass an emissions test. We have an air quality measurement system. So until downtown Beijing, Quito, Ecuador and any other number of third world banana republics national air pollution index matches the air quality index of PHL then one can only conclude you are a selfish liberal bastard thinking of only your own habitat.

I'm not in favor of paying more domestically so the rest of the world can do as it pleases at my expense. The government keeps coming up with ways to steal your money. That being the case maybe I should just move to Quito and choke on the diesel fumes. I'll be retirement age, my pension will buy more than twice as much and if the smog finally gets me I'll be dead a year or two earlier.. Once you hit 80 it's borrowed time.

Tell them about if you lived 42 miles away, you wouldn't have to test.

delldude said:

Tell them about if you lived 42 miles away, you wouldn't have to test.
 Actually it would be the Lehigh County line about 11 miles away. But you get my point. Carlin was right.

PHXConx said:
Just recently science discovered a huge ocean of water within the mantle. If I had said a year ago that there is water in mantle twice as much water that's in earth's oceans now. The same ppl here declaring glob warming is undisputed fact. Would say science long since proven the makeup of the mantle. then berate me endlessly..
Science is ever evolving. Global warming is based on computer models 20 years ago. Think about it. Those models were made on computers running state of the art operating system... Windows 3.1 unless they had the beta version of Windows 95.
There is a difference between saying something and discovering something. Hence the different responses.

So those models are not being updated? Cars are running on 100+ yr old technology. Model T is not the same as a 2014 Jetta TDI.

MCI transplant said:
Has anyone noticed that the term "global warming" is not being used by he tree huggers as much  anymore! The term used now is "climate change"? ------- Why is that?  
No no no, it's "carbon pollution" !  According to information posted on Obama's "Climate Change" website, carbon pollution is the biggest driver in climate change. Did you know that in 132 years, the earth's surface temperature (land and ocean surfaces) have risen 1.5 degrees F !! In 132 years and after hundreds of billions of tons of CO2 dumped in the atmosphere the temperature has risen steadily 0.011 degrees F per year for the last 132 years. I'm scared . . . real scared!

http://www.whitehouse.gov/climate-change

Knotbuyinit said:
No no no, it's "carbon pollution" !  According to information posted on Obama's "Climate Change" website, carbon pollution is the biggest driver in climate change. Did you know that in 132 years, the earth's surface temperature (land and ocean surfaces) have risen 1.5 degrees F !! In 132 years and after hundreds of billions of tons of CO2 dumped in the atmosphere the temperature has risen steadily 0.011 degrees F per year for the last 132 years. I'm scared . . . real scared!

http://www.whitehouse.gov/climate-change
Maybe you should read up on how temp variances can affect coral reefs.

Ms Tree said:
Maybe you should read up on how temp variances can affect coral reefs.

With changing climate for over a billion or so years, some areas and some species fall prey to these changes......what happened to the Sahara? Or Great Salt Lake?