Good Stuff

Glenn Quagmire

Veteran
Apr 30, 2012
How about we just post good stuff here.

Here is a sportsmanship lesson that may not be Mother Teresa like, but hey, we could use more like him in sports.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/blogs/mlb-big-league-stew/after-alds-loss-astros-bullpen-catcher-makes-classy-gesture-to-royals-fans-184058013.html

"Bracamonte didn't leave the bullpen with his tail between his legs. In fact, according to an account from Royals fan David Dahmer, Bracamonte emptied his bullpen bag, giving every single baseball and piece of gear he had to children in the stands. Royals fans, mind you."

KCFlyer said:
They were talking about that on the radio here this afternoon.  And I agree - it's a refreshing break from most sports stories we see.
Maybe instead of getting thrown at for his first at bat next season, he may actually get a walk. ;-)

Maybe instead of getting thrown at for his first at bat next season, he may actually get a walk. ;-)
As a 45 year old bullpen catcher I find it hard to believe he will make rooster. :)

What a cool thing to do! I'm sure those kids will remember that for the rest of their lives...

Great thread idea, btw... Good news is often in short supply around here.

There was a story about this in the Sunday KC Star.  I rode my bicycle yesterday and came across what is left of them (the video implies that the city made them take them all down).  This woman brought joy to so many, despite the personal pain she was going thru.  

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 1 person