Grassroots Efforts at DL for ACS and FAs, no personal attacks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can you not add something of value to the topic?

We are trying to have an adult debate with facts and real life experience.

Reactions: 2 people
If this is a grassroot campaign, why are 10 out of the 16 posts on this thread posted by a non-DL employee?

and, Kev, tell me what parts of the safety requirements that are cited are objectionable and cannot be followed? seat belts, rails up when walking on belt loaders....?

The "punishment" should be inconsequential if safety is followed.

In some parts of the world, you lose your driver's license for a couple infractions that Americans are accustomed to just paying a fine for. The result of the punishment is to force people to follow the law.

Suppose that part of the reason DL is "cracking down" is because what DL expects has been PROVEN to reduce injuries?

since this is a grassroots effort, I want to read a response SOLELY from an active DL ramp employee. There are 10K of them so we don't need non-DL employees weighing in on way DL's requirements are onerous.

If the rules don't allow a phone out, use a camera that is not a phone. I don't see too many people talking on or to a camera.

Reactions: 1 person
Because this is a message board, not an IAM web page for the DL campaign nor any of the other sites, like Facebook and there are several IAM sites for the DL campaigns.

This is a private owned message board for anyone to post, not what you want to read.

And you dont own the message board, so you cant make the rules of who posts or doesnt post, there are plenty of IAM web pages if you care to look at and Facebook groups where DL employees post.

Blue Notes Organizing is one, and World Class Delta Flight Attendants is another.

The information is out there if you want to read it.

So can we keep this topic on track and not end up with another locked thread due to insults, attacks and threats?

62% of the posts on this thread are yours.

Did the DL employees contract you as their "online journalist?"

if it was really a grassroots effort, can't you trust DL employees to handle all aspects of it?

Ok, you are going to get another topic locked.

This isnt an IAM web page, this is about the current DL employees who are seeking to be unionized.

Its not about what you are or I want to read or post.

I have provided facts in my posts, and given you names of where to look.

Have a good day, and please dont get another thread locked.

Reactions: 3 people
700UW said:

This isnt an IAM web page, this is about the current DL employees who are seeking to be unionized.

I have provided facts in my posts, and given you names of where to look.

So you are just doing your part to fill IAMs coffers. Got it.

Reactions: 6 people
700UW said:

I have provided manufactured my facts in my posts, and given you names of where to look.

With the regular DL posters here, that would be JUST Kev...

DAL Mech said:

So you are just doing your part to fill IAMs coffers. Got it.
Nope, I am doing my part to ensure DL's ACS and FA employees get a say in the workplace, with a CBA, just like the pilots and dispatchers have.

Respect in the workplace and not a one way street.

Reactions: 4 people
yoyodyne said:

With the regular DL posters here, that would be JUST Kev...
Glad to see you have to resort to misinformation.

If you think its wrong, the refute the flyers with facts, as of now you havent been able too.

700UW said:
Nope, I am doing my part to ensure DL's ACS and FA employees get a say in the workplace, with a CBA, just like the pilots and dispatchers have.

Respect in the workplace and not a one way street.

Some questions,

Who appointed you messiah and savior of the DL workers?  
Are we not allowed to make the determination that we need saving on our own (are you implying that you know better)?
Why is it, that when someone post something you don't like, its always "misinformation"?

Reactions: 4 people
This is a message board, its an exchange of ideas, its debates, and its information relevant to the airlines in each forum.

I provide information for people to read and form their opinions.

Who appointed you the defender of the anti-union side?

Why cant you refute the claims that you say are false?

Why do you make it personal when the topic is about the IAM organizing at DL, not about me?

Debate the topic, refute the information.

That other poster has taken all the air out of this topic once again.Is there anyone else besides Kev that works FOR DL on the ramp on this board?  Are there any FA's on ths board that are DL FA's besides Baba? And finally how many current or former DL employees on ths board are interested in union organizing posts? Waist of band width . Let's find a topic like how long before the 744 is gone or what will replace it .This has become a hobby for one person to argue and bait others. This new topic line is just an attempt to start things up again. Lock it in my opinion.Not worth following.

No one forces you to read it, now do they?

And this is from a retired FA, look what they have to go through:

VERY IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR ANY RETIREES: I was just informed by mail that I owe Social Security $7,232.00. Guess why? According the SSA my employer is reporting my pension as earned income. As a result, I now have to prove that I am not earning a salary and that it is actually a pension! I have to file a reconsideration request and prove that the money I receive is not earned income! I am on the phone right now with circles of hell. My purpose in posting this is to make sure that anyone receiving a pension opens all mail from Social Security. Over $7,000 is a lot of money that I now have to fight for. I find it hard to believe that I am the only person who is currently, or will soon, experience this major headache. Circles of hell, of course, just told me how I have to go to self service and get this ball rolling myself! I don't need this aggravation!

metopower said:
That other poster has taken all the air out of this topic once again.Is there anyone else besides Kev that works FOR DL on the ramp on this board?  Are there any FA's on ths board that are DL FA's besides Baba? And finally how many current or former DL employees on ths board are interested in union organizing posts? Waist of band width . Let's find a topic like how long before the 744 is gone or what will replace it .This has become a hobby for one person to argue and bait others. This new topic line is just an attempt to start things up again. Lock it in my opinion.Not worth following.
+747,400

Lock it in my opinion

WorldTraveler said:
and, Kev, tell me what parts of the safety requirements that are cited are objectionable and cannot be followed? seat belts, rails up when walking on belt loaders....?
It's not an issue of not wanting to follow posted rules. If the company wants a genuinely safe workplace, then let's both work towards getting there. Same story when doing a "post-mortem" on an accident and/or injury that has occurred. That's simply not happening right now.

The "punishment" should be inconsequential if safety is followed.
And when one's PL demands they go out onto a closed ramp, what should the punishment be?

How 'bout making them use GSE known to be defective?

What about issuing corrective action for taking a "safety timeout" if it results in a delay?

In some parts of the world, you lose your driver's license for a couple infractions that Americans are accustomed to just paying a fine for. The result of the punishment is to force people to follow the law.
Well, we're in the US. And here, you at least get due process. Asking the same in the workplace isn't too much to ask- especially if/when you know you're in the right.

Status
Not open for further replies.